Author Topic: Displaying Ten Commandements in Public  (Read 26425 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Displaying Ten Commandements in Public
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 07:38:07 pm »
The same word repeated 3 times: No, no, no. There are a lot of people with other religions who would be offended.
[snapback]199540[/snapback]
What if I decide that the Menorah offends me? See how ridiculous that is? Once again, ANYONE should be able to display ANY religious symbol as long as it isn't something horribly vulgar, in which case, it isn't likely religious.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 08:30:40 pm »
The same word repeated 3 times: No, no, no. There are a lot of people with other religions who would be offended.
[snapback]199540[/snapback]
What if I decide that the Menorah offends me? See how ridiculous that is? Once again, ANYONE should be able to display ANY religious symbol as long as it isn't something horribly vulgar, in which case, it isn't likely religious.
[snapback]199572[/snapback]

I have to agree with you. I'm fine with other religions putting up stuff of their's. It's a free country.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

timstapels

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 01:40:49 am »
I don't really mind, I don't see why people should get offended by it when it's not the law to follow the rules or anything.

I must admit, living in New Zealand (or maybe it's just me), I don't know a heck of alot of info about the ten commandments.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 07:50:10 am »
yeah, its like displaying a statue of a scottish relitive, and the clan he this relative may have been fueding against tells you to take it down.

its not good enough to not be abusive against other cultures, you should relish them!!

i mean, teachign in schools is different, its forcing belifs onto people, but displaying proud symbols, as long as every other religion can as well, is jsut haivng pride on your beleifs!!

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 09:37:35 am »
When I went to Poland they do stuff like this. The sometimes make prayers on the radio stations at 3pm, but no one who isn't Christian complains they just deal with it. Here everyone gets angry about it because they don't believe in such things. I'm afraid if this country gets going like this we would end up having a long civil war.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 10:51:25 am »
We're not going to have a civil war... I don't know why people are so set on believing we will...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 11:11:52 am »
Explain why there is something mentioning the declaration of independence and other documents right below it.
[snapback]199497[/snapback]

That's because those documents are dealing with American Independance, something that is actually real.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 11:21:19 am »
That's because those documents are dealing with American Independance, something that is actually real.
[snapback]199847[/snapback]
If you're implying that the Ten Commandments arent real, which is guessing you are, then why do you have a problem with it being posted publicly? It's not telling you to do anything, it's just something hanging on the wall that doesn't apply to you if you don't want it to.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 03:21:49 pm »
Explain why there is something mentioning the declaration of independence and other documents right below it.

You dissapoint me. You surely cannot say just because you don't think something is "real" makes it no good. Everyone knows it is wrong to lie, steal, murder, cheat, etc...

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 03:31:35 pm »
My town is (I'm pretty sure) the only town in the United States that has the Ten Commandments posted in the courthouse.  The reason they were able to?  They posted it alongside the Magna Carta, Constitution, Hammurabi's Code, the Mayflower Compact, and a few other documents which are there to show the basis of laws.

I don't see a problem with the Ten Commandments being displayed in public.  Most of them are rule EVERYONE should live by, no matter what your religion.  Sure there are a couple that non-Christians don't have to pay attention to, but everyone should be living by the rule of "Thou shall not kill," and the others.  

Besides, it's not really the issue of whether they can be displayed in public, as much as whether they can be displayed in government buildings.  Heck, there's a building in my town that has the Ten Commandments in a huge sign on the side of the building.  About 98% of the buildings in this county have the Ten Commandments in them somewhere, despite the large amount of non-Christians who live here.  Nobody seems to really have a problem with it.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 11:52:42 am »

If so, then you should let them display it then anyway.

P.S Hey IZ, the ten commandments are real. Probably without them none of us would be posting because everyone would be killing each other.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 12:56:05 am »
i think the big cheezez courthouse has hte right idea, all the cultures saying hte same thing, shows..... that word which i cant remeber right now,,,,,, but you know what im saying...

(gtimices, useless post... :biggrin: )

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 09:07:14 am »

P.S Hey IZ, the ten commandments are real. Probably without them none of us would be posting because everyone would be killing each other.
[snapback]200382[/snapback]

People still kill each other.

Spongefan123

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 10:19:09 am »
How is it offensive? It's a list of ten rules given from the Bible. It doesn't say "Everyone must follow these rules:" or "Become a Christian", it's just a list of rules that has a significant meaning to some and none to others. Anyone should be able to post whatever religious documents they want as long as it isnt vulgar.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2005, 09:12:24 am »

[snapback]200382[/snapback]

People still kill each other.
[snapback]200876[/snapback]
That's because they don't listen.