Author Topic: Displaying Ten Commandements in Public  (Read 27746 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Displaying Ten Commandements in Public
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2005, 09:19:15 am »
Its because they dont care.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 10:16:17 pm »
Displaying the Ten Comandments in public is much like the gay pride parade. Not everyone is going to like it, not everyone is going to suport it, some frown apon it, but its still going to happen.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2005, 12:49:23 pm »
I think it's fine just as long as other documents from other religions can be posted.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 01:32:17 pm »
The same word repeated 3 times: No, no, no. There are a lot of people with other religions who would be offended.
[snapback]199540[/snapback]
What if I decide that the Menorah offends me? See how ridiculous that is? Once again, ANYONE should be able to display ANY religious symbol as long as it isn't something horribly vulgar, in which case, it isn't likely religious.
[snapback]199572[/snapback]

No they shouldn't. What they're implying by putting up religious symbols in public is that everyone is of that religion. It offends people who are not Christian because it makes them feel inferior. Believe me, I have a lot of friends who are not Christian (Jewish and various assorted Asian religions), and they are offended by this sort of thing.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 02:22:29 pm »
The same word repeated 3 times: No, no, no. There are a lot of people with other religions who would be offended.
[snapback]199540[/snapback]
What if I decide that the Menorah offends me? See how ridiculous that is? Once again, ANYONE should be able to display ANY religious symbol as long as it isn't something horribly vulgar, in which case, it isn't likely religious.
[snapback]199572[/snapback]

No they shouldn't. What they're implying by putting up religious symbols in public is that everyone is of that religion. It offends people who are not Christian because it makes them feel inferior. Believe me, I have a lot of friends who are not Christian (Jewish and various assorted Asian religions), and they are offended by this sort of thing.
[snapback]202522[/snapback]
Well they need to get over it. There is nothing there to make anyone feel inferior. In America, we are priviledged to put up any and all religious symbols. They can display theirs, the Christian down the road can display his.

You have Jewish friends insulted by the Ten Commandments, put out there by Moses himself? Nice try, bud. No Jew is offended by God or Moses.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 02:54:27 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 02:47:43 pm »
It's not necessarily you wanting to put something up in your personal business, it's when they put them up in government buildings that makes me mad.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 10:42:12 am »
Explain why there is something mentioning the declaration of independence and other documents right below it.
[snapback]199497[/snapback]

That's because those documents are dealing with American Independance, something that is actually real.
[snapback]199847[/snapback]

So you're stating that the Ten Commandments are offending to some. What you just posted was hyporcrisy, from my point of view. That's offending to Christians, and things like that are said everywhere. I think it's a fair share of people getting offended anyway. Any other religion doesn't have to follow the ten commandments, it's displayed for the people that actually care. I was going through Xanga one day and found this site of two girls that thought it would be so cool to make a completely offensive post in their blog. It isn't even a blog, it's just that one post. Here is the link: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Super__Sinners

Hence the name. There are things that are said like that everywhere,  you either choose to be offended by it or shake it off and continue to live for what you believe, no questions asked.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 11:41:40 am »
Why do you need them displayed anyway? Shouldn't you already know them?

It's the commandments like "You shall have no other gods besides Me" that make me disagree with posting it in public. You're basically spitting in the face of every other religion.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2005, 12:07:50 pm »

It's the commandments like "You shall have no other gods besides Me" that make me disagree with posting it in public. You're basically spitting in the face of every other religion.
[snapback]203085[/snapback]
If you're going with that argument then you're saying signs shouldn't be up during elections, either.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 01:06:08 pm »

They can just ignore it. That's what I would do if I wasn't Christian.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 02:06:51 pm »

Thats what I've been trying to say.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2005, 04:51:36 pm »

They can just ignore it. That's what I would do if I wasn't Christian.
[snapback]203132[/snapback]

You are Christian though, you don't know what it's like to have one religion massively favored throughout the government.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:27 pm »
Yeah actually every one kind of does look down upon you if you tell them you aren't christian. I don't know how to explain it.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2005, 08:39:34 pm »
Yeah actually every one kind of does look down upon you if you tell them you aren't christian. I don't know how to explain it.
[snapback]203423[/snapback]
Not everyone will. Some people will accept that...like me.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 08:40:06 pm »
Well, of course I was exaggerating. Mostly everyone I know doesn't accept it.