Author Topic: School  (Read 13790 times)

oscar_the_grouch

School
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 06:58:41 pm »
School would be okay if they only taught you things that were somewhat relative to your life. Take algebra: The formulas and stuff are okay if you don't have variables, because you can use the formulas. But how many times has a person said "Man I wish I could by that, but it's xyz to the tenth power dollars." It's stupid. The only use we'll ever have for formulas with variables is if we become algebra teachers and teach kids to do algebra that they'll never use unless they teach algebra and so on and so on.
[snapback]208194[/snapback]
Not true. I remember my math teacher taking time out of our class to explain to people who think like that why algebra is important. It's mostly used in Science (or so he said).

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 08:29:13 pm »
Think about it, you probably wouldnt know anyone without school.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 08:31:19 pm »
I believe you should take the classes you want but you have to take at least one year of algebra, english, reading, and science.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 08:33:48 pm »
He's right.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 08:44:34 pm »
The reason I say that is because 4 years of ENGLISH is very useless. English only needs to be taught 1 year because every year you read the same stories over and over.

I'm gonna change what I said above a little more...

Courses Required
Science - Biology & Chemistry
Math - Algebra I and Algebra II/Pre-Cal
English - English I
Reading - Government & History (any kind)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 08:50:35 pm »
Yea, 1 year of English would do it. But I've always been advanced in everything. So for others im not sure.

Chrono

School
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 02:22:03 pm »
I'm taking Spanish next year because I thought I might do good in it since I did pretty well in French (if I just studied more). My friend and I were french masters when we had to do dialogues. We got the teacher to put us as partners everytime. Then we talked as south park people which was so fun...
Taken from my friend: School is good when you really should be doing your history work watching a movie but all you actually do is add in random outbursts to flow in with the movie so that your best friend laughs their guts out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 03:02:36 pm by Chrono »

Sheldon J. Plankton

School
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 08:42:44 am »
School is fun when you learnt hings that interest you.
School is bad when they force you to learn rubbish.
[snapback]205797[/snapback]

Put exactly.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 08:48:01 am »
School would be okay if they only taught you things that were somewhat relative to your life. Take algebra: The formulas and stuff are okay if you don't have variables, because you can use the formulas. But how many times has a person said "Man I wish I could by that, but it's xyz to the tenth power dollars." It's stupid. The only use we'll ever have for formulas with variables is if we become algebra teachers and teach kids to do algebra that they'll never use unless they teach algebra and so on and so on.

I don't know why you say that...

I use algebra all the time.  I'm being totally serious.  Algebra is a powerful tool to have.

The only thing I disagree with is math teachers teaching the theory behind a concept and how it works.  I don't need to know HOW it works.  I need to know how to use it.  Knowing how it works isn't required to know how to use it.  My Calculus teacher did this, which is part of the reason I didn't understand a lot.

weird_4

School
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 08:53:55 am »
I think school is good because you get to learn a lot of things.
But school is bad because I always get the mean teachers that make me repeat the class all over again. But since I'm going into the 8th grade, school is getting harder for me because I'm worried where I go from there. But when I first started middle school, I wasn't scared because it was W.E.B day(don't ask) and someonbe gave me my scedule. But since I'm in 8th grade I don't know where my first class is. So what I'm trying to say is, middle school is scary.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 09:50:52 am »
In the UK, we HAVE to learn all 3 science classes, 2 sets of english, 1 set of maths over a period of 4 years.
It is when you get to Year 10 and 11 when you can do subjects YOU WANT TO + the 3 main courses.
I learned nothing in Maths, it was too hard for me.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Chrono

School
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 10:09:52 am »
My friends response: School is good when you write a sixteen page story mae specificalyl to make your best friends laugh at all of the swearing and then get sent to the principals office.

School is good when you accidentally forget to do your math work and have to imitate Tweek by screaming to perhaps make it finished faster.

School is good when you throw fruitcups and puddings at portables and explode them in your hands but accidentaly explode them all over you and being christened "butterscotch"

My new response: School is good when they get a good Dj for your graduation dance that last 5 hours and you do the robot to some songs and sweat a lot because it's really hot and talk to your friend that really hates the music and says it blows and then you go back to your other friends and then you hear 'Satisfaction' playing and your friend goes "OH MY GOD!!!"and you do the robot and then stop when it ends and then sometimes dances like the gothic kids from South Park where you take 3 steps and take a drag from your cigarette...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 11:52:29 am by Chrono »

Sheldon J. Plankton

School
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2005, 04:49:19 am »

I don't know why you say that...

I use algebra all the time.  I'm being totally serious.  Algebra is a powerful tool to have.

The only thing I disagree with is math teachers teaching the theory behind a concept and how it works.  I don't need to know HOW it works.  I need to know how to use it.  Knowing how it works isn't required to know how to use it.  My Calculus teacher did this, which is part of the reason I didn't understand a lot.
[snapback]208891[/snapback]

I too use algerbra a lot, you'd think you never use it but you do.

Rabble

School
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2005, 05:04:55 pm »
Learning is good.

History is a waste of your time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 05:05:04 pm by Evilspongee »

sponge monkey100

School
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005, 06:24:22 pm »
the only way I like school is when we have a cool teacher who teaches us cool and intrestering things and when they must teach us the boring stuff they teach it to us but in a cool new way!otherwise I hate school unless I am with all my firends!!!!!!!!!