Author Topic: Threads Of The Week - Super Spectacular Edition  (Read 4530 times)

Kenny Blankenship

Threads Of The Week - Super Spectacular Edition
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:56:43 pm »
Why is this one a “super spectacular edition”, you may ask?  Because I'm writing it.  Duh.

Well anyway, here's another edition of Threads Of The Week for your reading pleasure.  “Hooray”, says the masses.  Oh, and we apologize for the delay till Monday again, but you see..... umm...... well, rest assured, once I come up with an excuse, it will be a good one.

-Biggest news of the week (besides Bret Boone getting traded to the Twins) is the release of the newest Harry Potter book.  It's got bookworms all across the world in a frenzy, and this forum's no exception.  Here's the thread that accompanies the new release...

-Hey!!  Who likes awards??  I do.  I've got a closet full of them..... OK, not really, but I like to pretend I do.  But would you look at that?  A nice little discussion brewing on USB awards, and what categories there should be.  If this thing ever comes to fruition, you can bet that thread will definitely be making an appearance here....

-The "What Would You Name Your Band?" thread.  Started by yours truly.  Others told me to include it in this... not me.  I swear.  Really.  But hey... at least it's a fairly decent thread... I'm telling you, though: do NOT steal my band name.  Or else I will eat your children.  (And I swear I didn't want to put any of my threads here... seriously.)

-Oh, and your obligatory "chongster creates an insanely good drawing" thread.  Nuff said.

-And to top it all off, let's do the "Who Do You Miss" thread.  This kinda thread's been done before (i.e. the make everyone feel good thread), but I guess it received 4 pages for a reason.... consider it the 1st ever "Reader's Choice" nomination.  Even though it wasn't.

Anyway, that shall be it for this edition.  Read, enjoy, discuss, complain that your crappy thread didn't make it... the mic is now turned over to you.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 04:14:55 pm »
-Biggest news of the week (besides Bret Boone getting traded to the Twins) is the...

How is Bret Boone going to the Twins good news?  He's terrible.

Oh...and I know you put your own thread on there to prove your "supremacy"...but guess what?  It's not working, buddy.  We all know who the supreme being here is...and it isn't Kevin...

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 04:26:00 pm »
-Biggest news of the week (besides Bret Boone getting traded to the Twins) is the...

[snapback]206800[/snapback]

I'm guessing your sarcasm detecter is off....

Oh...and I know you put your own thread on there to prove your "supremacy"...but guess what?  It's not working, buddy.  We all know who the supreme being here is...and it isn't Kevin...

I swear... I didn't want to put my thread in there, but others said I should.  I *swear*.... I am just a humble servant to you all, I wouldn't consider doing such a conceited thing...

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 04:57:38 pm »
Those facts should make it there for sure, please use your edit button.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 04:57:45 pm by super_sayian_spongebob »

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 04:58:54 pm »

[snapback]206800[/snapback]

I'm guessing your sarcasm detecter is off....

Actually...it's out for repairs.  Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow.

Chrono

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 06:05:00 pm »
My crappy thread didn't make it :(  Wait...I haven't even made a thread this week...Carry on with your good super spectacular threads..

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 01:28:08 am »
Nice topics again this week, and that one made by chongster..wow...just wow...ahem

anyway, good choices! I liked the "who will you miss most" thread, its nice reading peoples thoughts on others  :happy:

Banana

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 06:28:22 pm »
What about the The Movies That Suck thread?   That one has got a lot of posts...

-Banana

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 06:50:13 pm »
I knew my Harry Potter would start a stir. That was my most important moment this week.