Author Topic: I have an idea.  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
I have an idea.
« on: July 20, 2005, 06:25:13 pm »
Since Windows 98 seems to have less spyware and viruses created for it than Windows XP...I could make my system dual boot with the choice of 98 or XP.  I coulde use 98 for internet purposes and XP for everything else.

It seems that if I were to stop using XP for the net, I wouldn't get as many spyware or virus problems.  All I'd have to do is find drivers for some of my devices that worked with Windows 98.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
I have an idea.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:26:02 pm »
No. If you are doing to do this use 2000.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Rabble

I have an idea.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 06:26:09 pm »
Yeah. Go crazy.

Sb129

I have an idea.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:32:31 pm »
Since Windows 98 seems to have less spyware and viruses created for it than Windows XP...I could make my system dual boot with the choice of 98 or XP.  I coulde use 98 for internet purposes and XP for everything else.

It seems that if I were to stop using XP for the net, I wouldn't get as many spyware or virus problems.  All I'd have to do is find drivers for some of my devices that worked with Windows 98.

Anybody think this is a good idea?
[snapback]207747[/snapback]
*Later....*Hey that was my idea!!!

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
I have an idea.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 06:33:19 pm »
No. If you are doing to do this use 2000.
[snapback]207748[/snapback]

That would defeat the purpose.  A lot of spyware is written for XP, 2000 and Windows 2003 Enterprise...

timstapels

I have an idea.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 07:41:59 pm »
How about use Linux for your internet. That is infinitely better/safer than 98.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
I have an idea.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 07:58:54 pm »
Use 95 :D

Microsoft Bob will save the day

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
I have an idea.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 10:12:29 pm »
How about you come up to here with your comp and we will go to downtown Seattle and we willl drop your computer off the top of the Seattle space needle. You and I can watch it go SMASH!!!!!!!
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Snowthrower

I have an idea.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 07:17:37 am »
98 is far more susceptible to spyware. Besides, spyware is written towards ANY Windows OS. Best bet is to dual boot a Linux distro like Ubuntu.