Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 13030 times)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 03:39:11 pm »
I aggree. But this is one of the main reasons why i dont like windows, look at the interface!

[snapback]209323[/snapback]

We get the best debates out of other topics than the pinned ones. Heh heh.
[snapback]209351[/snapback]

Yeah...we get some of the best debates...but we also get some of the dumbest posts ever...like that other quoted one.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Windows Vista
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 02:58:24 pm »
I use Debian Testing on all my machines, I have even used it on this server before, and it runs fine.  It is not the final build of Debian, but it runs great.

Why are people putting off the utter terrible Alpha release of Longhorn (or, *cough* vista) as "something that will be fixed". Experience shows that this will not be the case with Microsoft.

And IE7 is shaping up to be only SLIGHTLY better than IE6. They are adding tabs. Great, they have finally caught up with the NORM. But so far they are neglecting better standards support (see W3). The BIGGEST complaint about IE6 is that it does not support standards that all other browsers do, but they are neglecting it because it would take time and effort for them.  They have also carved a path where changing it now would cause older sites build for IE6 to break.

Ahh!  *Works on his Linux box, feels better.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 05:16:28 pm »
Peter Griffin doesn't even exist.  :mf_laughbounce:

But I still wonder if I will be able to get Vista for free. But my dad may retire when it is released
[snapback]209315[/snapback]
Yes he does.
All Time

Weekly

timstapels

Windows Vista
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 09:47:54 pm »
^^ :laugh: @ Spongebrain. I think it's ok to believe that Korraxx was wrong, he should have done some more research to back up his point, instead, someone came along and proved him wrong, what an age we live in.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 12:54:47 pm »
OMG! That looks like a person I know!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 01:01:05 pm by korax666 »
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Chrono

Windows Vista
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 07:54:12 am »
I don't see why everybody hates Windows. Anybody care to explain to me why they hate it so much or what problems it causes?

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 08:19:31 am »
People hate it because it is not open source. plus they think its slower and some other things.
All Time

Weekly

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 10:33:25 am »
I just tried XP Pro SP2 on a 500MHz AMD K6 and 128MB and it was too slow to run anything on it with XP.
1.) Each newer version gets slower and slower.
2.) It's made by Microsoft.
3.) It cost money to have and the activation.
4.) You need spyware and virus programs to keep your computer safe.
5.) You don't need to download StyleXP or Windowsblinds like programs to style up your pc on Linux or OS X like you do Windows and those slow down your computer.
6.) Stability is always an issue, and Linux tops all with it's stability.
7.) Linux has the best support.
8.) Linux has file permissions so you can secure your files.
9.) Linux has Live CDs which you can carry out to other computers and it's like carrying your computer.

I'll post more later if needed to.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Windows Vista
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 11:28:40 am »
I just tried XP Pro SP2 on a 500MHz AMD K6 and 128MB and it was too slow to run anything on it with XP.
1.) Each newer version gets slower and slower.
2.) It's made by Microsoft.
5.) You don't need to download StyleXP or Windowsblinds like programs to style up your pc on Linux or OS X like you do Windows and those slow down your computer.
6.) Stability is always an issue, and Linux tops all with it's stability.
7.) Linux has the best support.
8.) Linux has file permissions so you can secure your files.
9.) Linux has Live CDs which you can carry out to other computers and it's like carrying your computer.

I'll post more later if needed to.
[snapback]210592[/snapback]

I'm affraid I have to agree with Chris, Im a little unsure as to how good Longhorn, or the terrible new name it has Vista, will be, BUT, in saying that, im sure that I'm going to end up with it.

Starr2k3

Windows Vista
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 11:40:52 am »

3) Sorry people need to make a profit for a living.
4) Of course you do, what's the big deal about running a simple virus scanner? Most virus scanners you can set to run at night when your sleeping. Pretty simple...
5) You can download themes...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Windows Vista
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 08:58:27 pm »
You need to have a program for the downloaded theme to work.

That would be cool if Linux and Apple would combine and setroy Microsoft in products!!!!!!!!!!!!Like that'll ever happen.

Oh, and the new name sucks

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Windows Vista
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2005, 01:38:58 pm »

3) Sorry people need to make a profit for a living.
4) Of course you do, what's the big deal about running a simple virus scanner? Most virus scanners you can set to run at night when your sleeping. Pretty simple...
5) You can download themes...
[snapback]210598[/snapback]
The point is, Microsoft sells a product that is worse than a free counterpart. I could care less about the cost, I care about the final product, and Linux trumps Windows.

On Linux, no anti-virus software is needed. The only time you would install a anti-virus program under Linux is to check e-mail attachments that will end up on Windows machines (for instance, this server checks all mail for viruses, although the system itself is not suceptable to them, the windows machines that the e-mail will end up on are).

Styling is much easier under Linux and does not require additional apps besides the basic graphical interface, (Gnome or KDE).