Author Topic: Oh No, An Rpg!  (Read 10729 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Oh No, An Rpg!
« on: September 20, 2003, 06:49:46 pm »
Well, a huge number of people voted for RPG between yesterday and today, so it looks like thats what I'm going to have to make.  :ohmy:  A good RPG will take a very long time to finish, and I'm going to need some help.  I need someone to write a storyline.  (I know that all of you fan-fic writers can do it)  So, I'm going to a make a contest out of it.  Write a storyline for a SpongeBob RPG, and email it to me by Saturday, September 27th.  That gives you exactly one week to get it done.  Some of the mods and I will read through the storylines and choose the best one.  The RPG will be based on the best storyline that is sent in.

I was surfing around the web today, and I found a really cool SpongeBob related event.  Nickelodeon and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation teamed up for a fundraiser for AIDS research.  They are auctioning off "SpongePants" designed by some famous designers.  They're also auctioning off autographed SpongeBob collectables.  So, if you want to help out thier cause, and buy some rare SpongeBob stuff, check out the auction.  I'm going to bid on the SpongeBob boxers signed by Cindy Crawford. :wink:

Don't forget about the Sponge Zone chat tomarrow from 2:00 to 2:30 and the trivia session from 2:30 until 3:00.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 06:57:52 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 06:54:03 pm »
yippe my posting rights are back i will be a good person from now on  :biggrin:

also i wish i could help but im swamped with spongebob superpants 2 but don't worry its almost done :biggrin:

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 07:10:27 pm »
I wish I could help but I dont want to.

Yellowbird

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 07:11:51 pm »
I made a Spongebob RPG in flash, sort of old school NES style, but it is only 60% done but very playable. I have to find that sucker. I could try to write out a RPG storyline that is much different and better than my current game. Only, how involved are you going to be when it comes to the programming? Are you aiming for a deep game or something light? Meaning, how deep do you want the game to be? Many story arcs? One? Also, I can't promise anything in terms of entering the contest because I am in high school and take 4 college courses. Genetics and Immunology are kicking my butt right now. This seems cool, so I hope to have the time to do it.  :biggrin:  

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 07:23:54 pm »
I made a Spongebob RPG in flash, sort of old school NES style, but it is only 60% done but very playable. I have to find that sucker. I could try to write out a RPG storyline that is much different and better than my current game. Only, how involved are you going to be when it comes to the programming? Are you aiming for a deep game or something light? Meaning, how deep do you want the game to be? Many story arcs? One? Also, I can't promise anything in terms of entering the contest because I am in high school and take 4 college courses. Genetics and Immunology are kicking my butt right now. This seems cool, so I hope to have the time to do it.  :biggrin:
you know that old school nes thing well you are better at programming than me i have to use game maker to make my games please show me the nes project @ c2138924@yahoo.com if you can that is :biggrin:
hey cmonkey you should defenitly include me im good at programming at game maker :closedeyes:  
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Yellowbird

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 07:31:02 pm »
I made a Spongebob RPG in flash, sort of old school NES style, but it is only 60% done but very playable. I have to find that sucker. I could try to write out a RPG storyline that is much different and better than my current game. Only, how involved are you going to be when it comes to the programming? Are you aiming for a deep game or something light? Meaning, how deep do you want the game to be? Many story arcs? One? Also, I can't promise anything in terms of entering the contest because I am in high school and take 4 college courses. Genetics and Immunology are kicking my butt right now. This seems cool, so I hope to have the time to do it.  :biggrin:
you know that old school nes thing well you are better at programming than me i have to use game maker to make my games please show me the nes project @ c2138924@yahoo.com if you can that is :biggrin:
hey cmonkey you should defenitly include me im good at programming at game maker :closedeyes:
You made the Spongebob homebrew platformer game on Spongezone? Your game turned out great! Don't be so humble. I like the volleyball game too by cmonkey. There should be more homebrew games for the show. So many possibilities. Let me see if I can find the game. If I can't, I will be mad since that means I will have to read my notes and start again. I started it a year ago on Flash 4. I need to upgrade my Actionscript skills to MX. I was mentioning it more to get my brain flowing for entering the RPG storyline contest. I really hope I can get some freetime. I don't want it to be a half-thought effort.  

foulpattie

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 08:15:17 pm »
Cmonkey I sent you an e-mail about this and didn't sign my username because the thing said not to. anyways i don't know if it could be an RPG but i might be able to make something. I want to help.  

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 09:30:38 pm »
i could write a rpg spongebob game its easy and hard hmmph :closedeyes:

Patrick

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2003, 05:18:00 am »
I WANNA HELP! O O O! Waiting for orders what to do....SIR.

lemonsrock103

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 07:15:01 am »
I just bought a spongebob charm for my bracelet on ebay for 8.50. It rocks!

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2003, 07:43:40 am »
I didn't know you're on Ebay too. :blink:  I'm on Ebay but I've never bought any SB stuff. I buy and sell hockey cards. Maybe I'll search SB in the next few days.

P.S. If you don't understand anything about Ebay, just ask me.  :original:  
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2003, 08:07:35 am »
ebay is ok there are alot of kewl items there but you have to bid why not just buy also is there a spongebob electric scooter for mecrhcendise i cawn't spil. :sad:  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2003, 10:30:56 am »
ebay is ok there are alot of kewl items there but you have to bid why not just buy also is there a spongebob electric scooter for mecrhcendise i cawn't spil. :sad:
Dude, one word. Puntuation.

Miles

Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2003, 11:00:18 am »
Sounds like good advice too me. You can only wonder if they really talk like that in real life. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Oh No, An Rpg!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2003, 03:48:42 pm »
I sent cmonkey one of my games its not a spongebob game but its a game alright  :sad:  :mellow:  :original:  :biggrin: