Author Topic: Got a copy of IE7  (Read 8803 times)

williambob286

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 09:46:03 pm »
You do realize firefox copied netscape?
[snapback]211474[/snapback]
Nope. I just want the copy of IE 7

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 09:47:42 pm »

I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong) but netscape was the first to come out with tabs. Therefore, firefox copied netscape so it shouldnt matter who copied who just know netscape was the first :|

Snowthrower

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 11:04:09 am »

Firefox had permission to. Besides, the first program with tabs used in that type of interfact was AIMutation, so it really isnt Netscapes idea. Also, Netscape also endorses Firefox as Firefox endorses Netscape. The Netscape team has also helped the Firefox team with stuff as well as the Firefox team with Netscape.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:05:17 am by Snowthrower »

Dragon Of Grief

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 11:19:08 am »
How could anyone possibly want IE?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 04:57:18 pm »

Firefox had permission to. Besides, the first program with tabs used in that type of interfact was AIMutation, so it really isnt Netscapes idea. Also, Netscape also endorses Firefox as Firefox endorses Netscape. The Netscape team has also helped the Firefox team with stuff as well as the Firefox team with Netscape.
[snapback]211632[/snapback]
Well, there will be different & new browsers doing the same thing so should it really matter? :P

How could anyone possibly want IE?
[snapback]211640[/snapback]
People choose what they want :P

williambob286

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 08:33:08 pm »
I only want to test IE 7 before I go back to FireFox.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 09:21:37 pm »
thats all fine and dandy, but OPERA was the king at school for getting past the 'Surf Control' and 'Cyber Sitter' useless software they have...ahh...opera 4.2....those were the days...

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 09:00:20 pm »
Found this a little humorous

Snowthrower

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:38 pm »
Found this a little humorous

[snapback]212035[/snapback]

MINE!

New favorite smilie :)

williambob286

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 04:57:56 am »
Humorus! A girl ditching IE.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 01:33:51 pm »
Check this out: http://www.spongezone.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11822 for some pictures of IE7 and Windows Vista Beta 1.

Banana

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 02:35:56 pm »
Hey snow, when is the review coming?

-Banana

Snowthrower

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 07:17:28 pm »
thats all fine and dandy, but OPERA was the king at school for getting past the 'Surf Control' and 'Cyber Sitter' useless software they have...ahh...opera 4.2....those were the days...
[snapback]211777[/snapback]

[coughs] PEACEFIRE! cphack! [/coughs]

Snowthrower

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 07:19:22 pm »
Hey snow, when is the review coming?

-Banana
[snapback]212240[/snapback]

You asked and you shall receive:

Internet Explorer 7, the seventh installation of the spyware ridden Internet Explorer series. Internet Explorer 7 is better than the previous versions, but still doesnt beat other browsers like Netscape and Firefox. First thing I noticed was the very unfriendly and uncustomizable URL Bar. Options such as "File, Edit, View, etc" cannot be moved to the normal position which was a huge mistake.

One very cool feature ripped from Firefox is the built in search engine. Just by looking at it you can tell that it is ripped 100% from Firefox and Netscape. One thing I thought was funny was that MSN is not the default search engine, Yahoo! is.

Another thing which I noticed that I didnt like was there is NO refresh button, meaning you have to right click on the tab in order to refresh. Another button that is missing is the stop button, which comes in useful when you need to stop the site from redirecting.

The new Anti-Phishing feature is a big step up for Microsoft, however, add-ons were available from 3rd Party sites which performed it, so it isnt really big news for those who wanted to be protected. It will be spoofed soon or exploited, so it really doesnt matter.

Another step up for Microsoft was the add-ons which we ALL know will be used for bad, yet another thing I have to worry to be exploited, we all know this will a goldmine for exploiters and a whole new realm of possibilities for spyware.

Now we get on to the most important addon for IE7. Tabbed browsing. Tabbed browsing on IE7 was somewhat weird for me. The fact that your ALWAYS in tabs kind of bugged me, there is also a blank tab which I think is an empty tab but it just opens up a new tab, and you CANT close it.

The rendering engine has already shown several bugs, on USB alone, I was able to find several CSS errors as well as problems rendering tables.

One awesome step forward though, I was unable to load Comet Cursor through this, however, this is only because the software isnt compatible with IE7 yet, I personally believe that IE7 will still pose the same spyware problems as IE6.

I must say, I love the way IE7 presents RSS feeds when you click on them, however, whats the use, RSS is for quick news reading and there is no point viewing the RSS file when you can just view the homepage :-P

While it is still in beta, IE7 has made some improvements over past IE's, but I still dont think it has what it takes to gain back users from Firefox or other 3rd party browsers, infact, I honestly believe IE7 will drive users to 3rd party browsers due to its very hard-to-adapt GUI and options. Overall, I'd give IE7 a 4/10.

Microsoft, a multibillion dollar company still cant produce a browser better than a 3rd parties open source one. Shame on you Microsoft.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 09:29:59 am by Snowthrower »

williambob286

Got a copy of IE7
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 04:41:51 am »
Cheapskates. Just want people to suffer spyware. Meh...But I still like microsoft, so as of now:

I'll use it for now :)