Author Topic: Hello, Firefox! `Cause Internet Explorer 7.0  (Read 7056 times)

Snowthrower

Hello, Firefox! `Cause Internet Explorer 7.0
« on: August 03, 2005, 08:38:05 pm »
As soon as the press found out that Microsoft, forced by the Firefox’s ascension, will release a new version of the Internet Explorer browser, everybody has started to wonder what effect this will have on the “fox that has put the Internet on fire”.

Lots of users started to pity the cruel fate of Firefox, which won’t stand a chance against the new 7.0 version of Internet Explorer.

Since March, when the first details on Internet Explorer 7.0 were announced and until the first beta, Microsoft has been very careful about disclosing information on the new browser.

But the time has come for Microsoft
to release, together with the first beta of Windows Vista, the fist beta of Internet Explorer.

What was the public’s reaction? Perhaps nobody could have said it better than Paul Thurott, renowned Windows expert and supporter, who has an article at this address http://www.windowsitpro.com.

Actually, Paul Thurott has only one thing to say: “My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators. Because of their user bases, however, Web developers are hamstrung into developing for IE at the expense of established standards that work well in all other browsers. You can turn the tide by demanding more from Microsoft and by using a better alternative Web browser. I recommend and use Mozilla Firefox, but Apple Safari (Macintosh only) and Opera 8 are both worth considering as well.”

In conclusion, the battle between Firefox and Internet Explorer 7.0 is postponed indefinitely, or at least until Microsoft’s programmers will accept that there are standards in this world that have to be complied with.

Softpedia has decided to wait for the next beta version, before posting the review for Internet Explorer 7.0.

A horrible article, but I love it! A Microsoft activist says to boycott IE  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:58:55 pm by Snowthrower »

Rabble

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 08:45:49 pm »
That has to be the stupidiest thing I have ever heard.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 04:00:17 am »
Even though I don't use Firefox, it does make sense...

williambob286

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 04:31:43 am »
Hmmm, I renamed the IE in my start menu to Under Inspection.

Banana

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 07:47:58 am »
Windows is so stupid.  I just had to laugh at that article.

-Banana

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 09:39:20 am »
Just proves to tell you how much microsofts IE is insecure, but hopefully it will be WAY better when 8.0 comes out  :tongue:  but I highly doubt it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:39:34 am by korax666 »
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

williambob286

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 02:31:06 am »
Hmm, I want a Mac soon. But no store has Mac that I know :(. So I'm stuck with windows.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 10:07:33 pm »
Apple.com has macs :P

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 10:10:24 pm »
You'll be surprised by the millions of people who still use IE7 over Firefox when it comes out :)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 10:41:01 pm »
Ok. Ive been IE 6.0 with not addons. And it works fine. No spyware no viruses nuttin. And it has a nice interface

timstapels

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 10:50:05 pm »
You'll be surprised by the millions of people who still use IE7 over Firefox when it comes out :)
[snapback]215297[/snapback]
What would people be using if Microsoft didn't bundle IE with their OS's?

Snowthrower

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 11:32:18 am »

You'll be surprised by the millions of people that switch to Firefox because of IE7, even Microsoft enthusiasts are saying this. Just look at Paul Thurrott. Remember, IE comes on every computer, users have to manually download Firefox. Also: In about 9 months, Firefox has been downloaded 75 Million times. Does that say something?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 11:33:44 am by Snowthrower »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 05:14:37 pm »

You'll be surprised by the millions of people that switch to Firefox because of IE7, even Microsoft enthusiasts are saying this. Just look at Paul Thurrott. Remember, IE comes on every computer, users have to manually download Firefox. Also: In about 9 months, Firefox has been downloaded 75 Million times. Does that say something?
[snapback]215546[/snapback]
That was one guy that said that IE7 sucks. Unless you can find MILLIONS more that say that...these people will stick with ie7

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 10:09:11 pm »
Want proof of the people who dislike IE7, take a look at the comments on ALL the posts of the official IE7 blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/.

Enjoy!

EDIT: A good example of a post which has stirred some comments can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/2...2.aspx#comments or here: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/2...4.aspx#comments.

Many people are unhappy.

ssj4gogita4, why must you continuously support a corporation which has only recently started the IE development team because of Firefox and Opera. They would have sat around and said that it was just fine had it not been for the favorable reception of Firfox. You want to support a company that does not do anything to further their users' experience until another company makes them?

If you like IE, that is fine, but accknowledge the downfalls of the Microsoft stance that once they are the best, they no longer should try to improove.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:17:25 pm by partiallynothing »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 10:49:54 pm »
IMO, Microsoft has no downfalls. They work fine for me. Everything works fine for me. I could care less that you have to download virus programs, spyware programs, etc. It doesnt take up more than 20mb on your computer and thats not even much. I enjoy the time Microsoft brought to the digital era. If it wasnt for them, you wouldnt be using linux, mac (the later versions), firefox, opera, etc.

And remember that you'll never get me to change my mind :P