Author Topic: Health Care Costs  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Health Care Costs
« on: August 10, 2005, 09:49:05 pm »
In the U.S. health care costs keep going up and up. It's getting to the point where middle class familys have a hard time affording health insurance. And 45 MILLION Americans are uninsured. THis is a big health crisis for Americans. This is manily a United States problem. But I know other country's are having problems with their health systems. So what do you think needs to be done to take care of this growwing and serious problem for many people.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Elizabeth Rose

Health Care Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 05:39:49 pm »
Don't most jobs offer healthcare?

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Health Care Costs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 05:42:41 pm »
Not most but lots do.

Elizabeth Rose

Health Care Costs
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 05:47:20 pm »
Not most but lots do.
[snapback]217113[/snapback]
C'mon, even McDonalds and Hot Topic do. I'd say most.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Health Care Costs
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 07:31:30 pm »
Not most but lots do.
[snapback]217113[/snapback]
C'mon, even McDonalds and Hot Topic do. I'd say most.
[snapback]217122[/snapback]
They may provide them, but chances are the coverage you get from them is awful. The insurance my family has sucks. They won't pay for anything. My mom had to pay for a biopsy of her skin out of pocket.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Health Care Costs
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 08:12:12 pm »
geez. And Liz I tujink your right. I drove past a Jack In The Box with a huge Help Wanted sign, that said you get health care befits. I started to crack up.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Health Care Costs
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 06:26:48 pm »
It is a problem, but lots is being done about it. My local grocery store offers a 10% discount on drugs with the stores card. Medicare is introducing a new program for RX coverage. I guess the goverment wised up and figured if Canada is banking all of Americas drug funds we might as well DO SOMETHING.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Health Care Costs
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 10:32:56 am »
But that's for smaller things 40 millon Americans have no inshurance. None, no health coverage. They have to pay everything themselves. If they get Cancer, AIDS or some other serious diasase they wouldn't be able to pay for their treatment.

Elizabeth Rose

Health Care Costs
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 12:07:25 pm »
But that's for smaller things 40 millon Americans have no inshurance. None, no health coverage. They have to pay everything themselves. If they get Cancer, AIDS or some other serious diasase they wouldn't be able to pay for their treatment.
[snapback]219060[/snapback]
For the last time, they may have poor insurance, but they have to have some health insurance unless they are unemployed. If they are unemployed it's probably their own fault, in most cases anyway.

Fan of Spongebob

Health Care Costs
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 12:08:29 pm »
Drug companies and other health companies feel they can serve only to the rich because they have the money to pay for everything.  They don't want to pay for the poor.  My dad says he doesn't want to see a restrict amount for medical error because he's a lawyer.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Health Care Costs
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 08:19:21 am »
For the last time, they may have poor insurance, but they have to have some health insurance unless they are unemployed. If they are unemployed it's probably their own fault, in most cases anyway.
[snapback]219082[/snapback]
40 million Americans have no health coverage. They might be unemployed, or they can't afford it, or their empoyer cut the coverage because they can't afford to pay for it any more.

Elizabeth Rose

Health Care Costs
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 03:16:58 pm »
40 million Americans have no health coverage. They might be unemployed, or they can't afford it, or their empoyer cut the coverage because they can't afford to pay for it any more.
[snapback]219422[/snapback]
I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that. I guess I already stated my thoughts on the umemployment part. :P

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Health Care Costs
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:56:07 am »
[snapback]219422[/snapback]
I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that. I guess I already stated my thoughts on the umemployment part. :P
[snapback]219531[/snapback]

Not everyone can get a job. With all the cutbacks, new federal regulations (because of stupid people like Enron), and all the massive corporations outsourcing to manipulate third-world countries, it's not always that easy for someone to find employment.

Lil Loco

Health Care Costs
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 10:40:03 am »
Yea, they shouldnt be outsourcin...period.  Itz straight foolish.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Health Care Costs
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 02:18:24 pm »
Healthcare is FREE in the UK and I beleive it is also free in Canada....I could be wrong there.
But the hospitals in the UK are horrible....
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.