Author Topic: How to survive at USB.  (Read 60489 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 05:55:08 pm »
Add this to the list;
Don't post about every personal life problem you have. Many members get annoyed when someone writes about their boyfreind/girlfreind problems all the time. A personal life problem that is something major, like a death or serouis illnes in the family, getting a new job, or moving are ok. But posting about everything that happens in your life is not ok. If you want to do that make a blog.
[snapback]219421[/snapback]

Agreed. Though I haven't seen much of that problem since, I don't see why we shouldn't warn them about it.
[snapback]219519[/snapback]
It was a big problem right before you joined. Anyone who remembers my thread about the endless how personal life threads where cloging up the forum knows what I am talking about. And these where over trival things like boy problems.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 05:56:14 pm by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 07:44:54 pm »
Add this to the list;
Don't post about every personal life problem you have. Many members get annoyed when someone writes about their boyfreind/girlfreind problems all the time. A personal life problem that is something major, like a death or serouis illnes in the family, getting a new job, or moving are ok. But posting about everything that happens in your life is not ok. If you want to do that make a blog.
[snapback]219421[/snapback]

Agreed. Though I haven't seen much of that problem since, I don't see why we shouldn't warn them about it.
[snapback]219519[/snapback]
It was a big problem right before you joined. Anyone who remembers my thread about the endless how personal life threads where cloging up the forum knows what I am talking about. And these where over trival things like boy problems.
[snapback]219581[/snapback]

I remember that thread. I just don't want to point any fingers directly at anyone who actually did it.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 01:37:09 am »
One thing I might like to add, if approved is...

Please READ the thread you're looking at, many times have I seen that someone will add something to a conversation that has already been said because they only read the title of the thread, or added something completely wrong because they havent read another members post correctly. I believe if people read and understand the topic before they reply, the conversation/thread would grow, and you'd get to know more about the people participating.

I don’t know what other people's opinions are on this, but this is mine.
[snapback]218995[/snapback]

That should be on the list aswel, I've seen this many times myself and it can get extreamly irritating.

Add this to the list;

Same with this too, I've seen this many times aswel, this should be on the list too.

Here's one:

Try not to type everything in capitals and do watch your spelling and grammar, some people find trying to read something that hasn't been sorted out is very irritating.
Also, watch your language and be careful what you say around other people who are expressing their beleifs, you might offend someone and start a 'flame war'.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 10:02:27 am »
nice list of Forum Politics.

except rule number five....where it's advised that i listen to the same music everyone else does in order to gain respect.....

you see where i'm going with this...don't you?   :mellow:
[snapback]219417[/snapback]

Yes I do, and it sounds like ya need to reread it.

~angelene's dreams

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 10:18:17 am »
[snapback]220191[/snapback]

The music is everything. People will instantly respect you for listening to the same music they do.

i can read just fine, mod-wannabe.   :happy:

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 10:30:16 am »
[snapback]220191[/snapback]

The music is everything. People will instantly respect you for listening to the same music they do.

i can read just fine, mod-wannabe.   :happy:
[snapback]220197[/snapback]

1. You may be able to read it fine, but interpreting it? That might be an issue. In no way did I say that you should listen to what others do to be cool. I meant that by finding other people with the same musical taste as you, you might be able to make some friends. I notice the rest of my paragraph has been left off.
2. "Mod-wannabe"? Good God, the last thing I want to do is become a mod. I'm saying things in the perspective of a member who wants stuff to go smoothly.

Anywho... let's avoid any confrontation, I've had enough of that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:31:01 am by Jackie-Boy »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 10:37:19 am »
To avoid misinterpretation, you should state stuff in detail

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 10:40:16 am »
To avoid misinterpretation, you should state stuff in detail
[snapback]220210[/snapback]

The original text is as detailed as it can be. In fact, this about covers it:

Find out who likes what you like, and get to know that person. Oftentimes you'll find you get along.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:40:55 am by Jackie-Boy »

~angelene's dreams

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 10:40:51 am »
well...these kida are still in school...we'll let it slide. ;)

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 10:42:22 am »
well...these kida are still in school...we'll let it slide. ;)
[snapback]220217[/snapback]

Yes, because kids are stupid compared to adults many times. In fact, all of us are stupid and should never be taken seriously, ever.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 10:44:39 am »
Now the rules are updated more clearly :P

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 10:45:36 am »
Now the rules are updated more clearly :P
[snapback]220221[/snapback]

They've. Been. The. Same. The. Entire. Time! I only edited the first post to add two rules by Chongster and Rocko. But #5 has been the same thing ever since I posted it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:46:15 am by Jackie-Boy »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
How to survive at USB.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 10:46:40 am »
Umm...apparently not on my screen. My screen didnt have that much #5 until just now. Meh, oh well.

Jackie-Boy

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 10:48:32 am »
Just ask anyone who saw it when I first posted it (Banana, Hannah, chongster).

~angelene's dreams

How to survive at USB.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 11:04:17 am »
you should edit rules 5....god forbid more mindless individuals conform to listen to what everybody else listens to... :D