Author Topic: It's all R2-D2's fault.  (Read 4296 times)

Jackie-Boy

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« on: August 30, 2005, 03:02:58 pm »
It occured to me today, as I lay out in the sun wondering what I would be doing in third period if I had decided to go to class, that the rise of the Empire is all R2-D2's fault.

In "The Phantom Menace", R2 is only a regular R2 unit until Padme's ship is suddenly in trouble. Then he saves everyone on the ship, which includes Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padme Amidala, three of the most pivotal characters in the entire Star Wars saga. Had that ship gone down, they would have missed Tatooine by just a hair.

Sure, Padme, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon would have died, but by the three of them dying forever, they would have never discovered Anakin Skywalker. Qui-Gon would have never discovered that Anakin was to be a Jedi, and more importantly, Anakin would have never met Padme, who's the main , if only, reason that he went to the dark side in the FIRST place, thus causing the Empire to rule the galaxy for so many years!

So R2-D2, a character well-known and loved by every Star Wars fan, is guilty of the death of millions. Unfortunately, he's too lovable for me to hate, so I just blame Lucas.

This is in the Debate Den because it IS a debate, darn it.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:41 pm »
Wow...never thought of that. But without Anakin being found, he would have never met Padme, also concluding that we would have no Epiosde IV, V, And VI, because Luke and Leia(sp?) would have never been born, and then there would have been no plot for those films either, thus causing the first trilogy to COMPLETELY screw up the entire Star Wars saga(not like Phantom Menace hasnt already done that)

Jackie-Boy

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 03:16:33 pm »
Wow...never thought of that. But without Anakin being found, he would have never met Padme, also concluding that we would have no Epiosde IV, V, And VI, because Luke and Leia(sp?) would have never been born, and then there would have been no plot for those films either, thus causing the first trilogy to COMPLETELY screw up the entire Star Wars saga(not like Phantom Menace hasnt already done that)
[snapback]225671[/snapback]

That's besides the point. I know that the films wouldn't have happened. I'm sharing a theory.

Sheldon J. Plankton

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:06:05 am »
I never would have thought of that, good observation. Maybe Lucas wanted it to be that way cause no one would suspect R2.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 07:11:58 am »
r2-d2 is the best character...other than Jar Jar...in Star Wars.

jojobird

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:44:56 pm »
I'm not into Star Wars that much, but I do like R2-D2.

Sb129

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 07:19:22 am »
But did you notice that R2 saves the day thoe.

Episode I:Fixing the ship,even thoe it did screw up the universe.

Epiosde II:I really haven't seen this one but I remember him helping C-3P0 out thoe.

Episode III:He saved Anakin & Obi wonboth a good & a bad thing.

Episode IV:Going down to Tattonie & finding Luke & Obiwon.

Episode V:Fixing the Millenium Falcon just in time & fixing 3P0 again (even thoe Chewie did most of fixing 3P0)

Episode VI:Going to Jabba the Hut's palace & showing the ugly,slug thing the message.Giving Luke his lightsaber saving Luke,Han,Lando,Chewie,Leia,3P0 & himself (even thoe it did kill Boba Fett :sad: )Helping the Ewoks & the Rebel alliance.

Hmm,smart one you are ssj.... :laugh:

But to me  R2 is second to C-3P0,Chewie is thrid & Jar Jar is foruth.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 07:20:49 am by Sb129 »

BiggerSquarierSpongier

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 07:24:57 am »
I was thinking a while back about something in Star Wars.... You know the phrase "Cheaters never win"? Well, Qui-Gon Jinn wouldn't have cheated using the force to make the dice land on what he wanted, he may not have won Anakin, and then he wouldn't have become Darth Vader. So it's Qui-Gon's fault, too.

Square_The_Shape_Of_Evil!

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 01:04:17 pm »
on 2nd side, There's more than R2 and Qui-Gon, There's also Watto cause he wanted a few quick bucks, Podracing was the only way, and Anakin was the only one who could do it, Cause if Jinn or Kenobi did it they would of crashed, exploded, and DIED! So if Watto wasn't so cheap, Anakin would not be Vader.
Oh yeah, and you mean by R2 caused death of a millon jedis?

On the 1st side, R2 did save the day. Infact if it wasn't for R2 then the jedi wouldn't have died, Then they wouldn't have discoverd the chosen one, Leaving the galaxy open for Sidious, Unless the rest of them like Yoda, Windu would be the next best team.

Jackie-Boy

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 01:24:06 pm »
I was thinking a while back about something in Star Wars.... You know the phrase "Cheaters never win"? Well, Qui-Gon Jinn wouldn't have cheated using the force to make the dice land on what he wanted, he may not have won Anakin, and then he wouldn't have become Darth Vader. So it's Qui-Gon's fault, too.
[snapback]227146[/snapback]

Also, Palpatine infected Shmi's uterus, so it's HIS fault, too!

Oh wait, you guys don't know that story.

Square_The_Shape_Of_Evil!

It's all R2-D2's fault.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 01:35:53 pm »
What do you think Luke was for anyway?

He helped Anakin turn back.

One of the most best points of Star Wars is that if he does turn dark he'll turn GOOD sooner or later...