Author Topic: (sigh) College...  (Read 12635 times)

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:19:57 pm »
Yeah... this thing called college.  It's about to take over my life and consume every last fiber of me.

Yep... amazingly enough, the time has come.  I move into the University of Minnesota campus on Saturday, which by my count is only two friggin' days away.  Excited?  A little.  Nervous?  Oh heck yes.

I guess if you've talked to me at all the past few months or have even read my stupid blog enough, you'd know how immensely worried I am about it.  It's probably mostly because I'm the biggest worrywort in the world, but I'm going into a completely new environment.  I'm making the transition from being homeschooled, to going to a school with who knows how many people.  Making the transition from living in the middle of nowhere, to living in the largest city in the state.  Making the transition from living in my comfortable room with only my family, to living with a complete stranger inside a dorm with hundreds of other complete strangers.  Ick.

But enough about that.  Why I'm worrying about college isn't necessarily what the topic's purpose is for.  I just had to rant a little about it anyway.  I guess my point for this stinkin' topic is about my status at this little place.

So yes... I'm not leaving for good.  Well, not yet, at least.  I'll still be around and try to resume my duties as super moderator extraordinaire and all. But you should be seeing a lot less of me around here.  Or should I say: you better see me on a lot less.

Not that I've grown to intensely dislike everything and everyone around here, but I'm going to hate myself forever and ever if I sit at college all the time and just waste the supposed best years of my life at a computer screen.  Which is probably what I will end up doing, but still... I have to make some concerted effort to, you know... HAVE A LIFE.  Which isn't really possible with how much I use the internet now. (it's quite pathetic, really...)

So in essence, I'm going to scale back, I want to scale back, I *need* to scale back here (and other web sites as well).  I might waste all of my time here anyway, so please, if you do spot me spending inordinate amounts of time on the forum, yell at me... or kick me... or threaten to eat my children or something.  Seriously.  It might do the trick...

(Note: I *could* put this into the Pineapple, but since it sort of pertains college in addition to my supposed "semi-retirement", I put it in Everything Else.  Ha.)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 06:21:32 pm »
Ha. I told myself I'd stop being here so much after college started.

I lied.

Rabble

(sigh) College...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 06:22:00 pm »
Aw. Get good grades for us.

Ich vermisse Sie.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 06:25:52 pm »
I started on Wednesday so it's only my 3rd day and I can't do anything but study, study, and oh yeah, STUDY!

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »

I lied.
[snapback]226478[/snapback]

I could be lying as well, but I'm most definitely going to make a concerted effort to scale back on my internet usage.  It's something that needs to happen.  For my betterment... to save my sanity...

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:29:22 pm »

I lied.
[snapback]226478[/snapback]

I could be lying as well, but I'm most definitely going to make a concerted effort to scale back on my internet usage.  It's something that needs to happen.  For my betterment... to save my sanity...
[snapback]226484[/snapback]
Probably me too. But I'm doing all of this from my laptop at SDSU! It's finally a time when my classes are over and I'm in my dorm.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:31:54 pm »
Speaking of classes....I only have one on Friday.  From 1:00-1:50.  :biggrin:

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 06:32:49 pm »
And you had to say that because why?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 06:33:55 pm »
Because this is a topic about college.  Alex said that in his post.  It's not just about him moving in.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 06:35:33 pm »
Yeah, I guess. Anyway, My teachers are kind of annoying. Well, what can I do, I'm stuck with them! Tax calcualtion confuses me a little, but I'll get it after 8 years of college and Tax School!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:39:05 pm by jojobird »

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
(sigh) College...
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »
The worst part of college is having professors who don't speak English well.

jojobird

(sigh) College...
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 06:39:23 pm »
The worst part of college is having professors who don't speak English well.
[snapback]226498[/snapback]
That's scary, and bad.

Chrono

(sigh) College...
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 06:45:22 pm »
...You could have made that speech a bit less long.
Well, goodbye kind of. Hope you do well in college.
My sisters going to university :D The next years in my life will be the best ones...

Kenny Blankenship

(sigh) College...
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 06:47:30 pm »
[snapback]226509[/snapback]

You don't know me too well, do you?

I have to make these sort of things painfully long.  It's something I can't avoid.

Chrono

(sigh) College...
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 06:49:17 pm »
[snapback]226509[/snapback]

You don't know me too well, do you?

I have to make these sort of things painfully long.  It's something I can't avoid.
[snapback]226512[/snapback]
Maybe college will teach you to avoid making such long speeches. And yeah, I've seen you do this in the past. The only reason I stay away from your topics...that and the evil monkey living in your signature that nobody else can see that always attacks me..