Author Topic: 2005 College Football  (Read 14929 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2005, 05:38:11 pm »
They're too vulnerable. Texas is better than Notre Dame (except yesterday). But Virgina Tech would play USC instead of UT vs USC.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2005, 05:39:15 pm »
They're too vulnerable. Texas is better than Notre Dame (except yesterday). But Virgina Tech would play USC instead of UT vs USC.
[snapback]245744[/snapback]

Nah. I'm doubting Va Tech makes it the rest of the season without losing.  I'm expecting a UT/USC championship game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 05:39:34 pm by thebigcheez »

foulpattie

2005 College Football
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2005, 05:41:19 pm »
If it went forward...touchback. Plain and simple. Either way...its Notre Dame ball/win.
[snapback]245706[/snapback]

Well, I've only seen the replay once so it's hard for me to say.

Say you have the ball and you're running towards the endzone. Then a dude comes in and knocks the ball out. It rolls into the endzone and then out of bounds, that is a touchback. If the ball were to just roll out of bounds the offense keeps the ball from the spot it rolled out.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2005, 05:46:55 pm »
If it went forward...touchback. Plain and simple. Either way...its Notre Dame ball/win.

Say you have the ball and you're running towards the endzone. Then a dude comes in and knocks the ball out. It rolls into the endzone and then out of bounds, that is a touchback. If the ball were to just roll out of bounds the offense keeps the ball from the spot it rolled out.
[snapback]245747[/snapback]

The ball went almost directly horizontal as it flew out of bounds from the replays I could see.

Some analysts have called yesterday's game the greatest NCAA football game ever played.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2005, 07:16:50 pm »

The ball went almost directly horizontal as it flew out of bounds from the replays I could see.

Some analysts have called yesterday's game the greatest NCAA football game ever played.
[snapback]245752[/snapback]
Oh, its definetly the greatest. No doubt.

foulpattie

2005 College Football
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2005, 07:23:13 pm »
I missed the game because PSU was on...it should of been a primetime game.

Kenny Blankenship

2005 College Football
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2005, 08:34:56 am »

[snapback]245752[/snapback]
Oh, its definetly the greatest. No doubt.
[snapback]245853[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about that... there's a lot of games that we haven't been able to see that might have been better.  Oklahoma/Nebraska from 71(?), Miami/Nebraska from 84 are all considered to be pretty good.  I think we're just losing perspective after an incredibly fantastic game...

Besides, I'm more partial to Minnesota/Penn St. from 1999 myself (oh, I'm such a homer).

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2005, 07:31:10 pm »
I feel for those Minnesota people. They really did well in that game considering who they were playing. Hats off to them.

Texas was down 21-6 and they are now leading 40-28. w00t!!

UCLA barely won in OT.

Lil Loco

2005 College Football
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2005, 07:40:41 pm »
go ucla...hahahah.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
2005 College Football
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2005, 08:40:37 am »
It's a miracle!  Kentucky won a game!  They beat Mississippi State 13-7.

Too bad Mississippi State sucks...