Author Topic: A Letter To George W. Bush  (Read 14369 times)

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
A Letter To George W. Bush
« on: September 03, 2005, 11:02:04 am »
Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

stop ::Dolphin Noise::ing to the president about problems in the USA. why dont YOU get off your big,fat,white *** and go help the people in new orleans

Oh, you 'cant'? why not? oh i see, family guy is coming on in half an hour,okay.

well when you can,please maybe,at least ACT like your helping them,okay?

now FOD.

Okay... now you guys can get a say on this. I'm done.

Lil Loco

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 11:28:13 am »
Hahahah...Good stuff...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 11:38:19 am »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

stop ::Dolphin Noise::ing to the president about problems in the USA. why dont YOU get off your big,fat,white *** and go help the people in new orleans

Oh, you 'cant'? why not? oh i see, family guy is coming on in half an hour,okay.

now FOD.

[snapback]227274[/snapback]

He's not the President. It's George Bush's job. He's doing a lousy job at it, too.

Lil Loco

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 11:42:36 am »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

He's not the President. It's George Bush's job. He's doing a lousy job at it, too.
[snapback]227312[/snapback]

he may not be the prezident, but her point iz that he still aint doin jack****...if he wantz to ::Dolphin Noise:: about wutz goin on, he should be tryin to help himself, but he aint.  and the prez iz doin wut he can...he'z tryin to get people evacuated, billionz are bein pulled out to help the relief, and food iz bein distributed...people jus magically want thiz to be fine, but it aint and no matter who iz in charge itz gonna take awhile.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 12:30:57 pm »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

Yea, he sometimes does things that are screwed up, but he's a person, not God.

They're trying to do as much as they can right now, without getting shot. People are killing for food- with that risk, how are these people going to deliver the goods without getting killed in the process?

But yet Michael Moore knows that, does he not? Apparently he knows more than the president himself. Maybe he should stop throwing such a ::Dolphin Noise:: hissy fit over every wrong thing Bush does and try to help it for once. He's getting paid to cry about it, why doesn't he just go ahead and donate all that money for a better cause?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 05:42:46 pm »
Michael Moore is rich enough, he can get off his rear and donate.

Ah yes, another reason why Michael Moore is a disgrace to America.

I'd write him a good letter, but the moderators don't have language filters.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 05:46:30 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Lil Loco

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 05:47:24 pm »
Jus uze the little "*"...

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 05:55:29 pm »
Good God.

Seriously, what's the point anymore?

Politics are gonna be the death of us all.

Lil Loco

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 05:56:20 pm »
Hahahah, thatz why i never put a debate area at my old board.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 05:57:36 pm »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

[snapback]227339[/snapback]

He's the most powerful person in the world, let alone the country.

Snowthrower

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 06:10:26 pm »
Dear Michael Moore,

Your a moron and you obviously dont watch the news or you got even fatter (this time in the face) that you cant see the Sea King helicopters flying around with members of the Army National Guard picking up victims.

Stop complaining even though you KNOW Bush is doing EXACTLY what he should be doing right now.

- Snowthrower

BTW: I'm submitting that email to every spam list in America :tongue:

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 09:14:23 pm »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

[snapback]227483[/snapback]

A person can only do so much for so many different chaotic situations, no matter how powerful he is.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 08:11:16 am »
Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

[snapback]227483[/snapback]

A person can only do so much for so many different chaotic situations, no matter how powerful he is.
[snapback]227586[/snapback]

No matter how many chaotic situations are going on, the one that should always come first is the one concerning the lives of others. And that's what he should be doing. What else right now is more important than this? The whole gas fiasco seems incredibly small compared to all this. And yes, a person CAN only do so much. And the "so much" that Bush can do is more than anyone else.

Sb129

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 10:37:45 am »
Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

You are right I SO agree with you.

Hmm...

Dear Michael Moore,

now FOD.

They're trying to do as much as they can right now, without getting shot. People are killing for food- with that risk, how are these people going to deliver the goods without getting killed in the process?

But yet Michael Moore knows that, does he not? Apparently he knows more than the president himself. Maybe he should stop throwing such a ::Dolphin Noise:: hissy fit over every wrong thing Bush does and try to help it for once. He's getting paid to cry about it, why doesn't he just go ahead and donate all that money for a better cause?
Yet again you are right.

[snapback]227478[/snapback]
You are SO wise.

Dear Michael Moore,

Your a moron and you obviously dont watch the news or you got even fatter (this time in the face) that you cant see the Sea King helicopters flying around with members of the Army National Guard picking up victims.

Stop complaining even though you KNOW Bush is doing EXACTLY what he should be doing right now.

- Snowthrower

BTW: I'm submitting that email to every spam list in America :tongue:
[snapback]227486[/snapback]
Yes your right again!

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 11:21:55 am »

How do you know he hasn't? ><

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 11:34:13 am »
Who cares what Michael Moore says. Make up your own minds about Bush's actions with the hurricane. I agree, let him donate or will he just make another film exploiting this tragedy? He just bashes Bush and to be honest, I'm not a Bush fan WHAT SO EVER, but I'm not going to agree with some film maker because he doesnt like Bush.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 11:34:44 am by Isnt Anything »

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 07:18:40 pm »
That hurricane was the worst natural disaster I think to EVER hit North America... and that... that fat loser is BLAMING Bush? There is only so much the guy can do... why doesn't Michael Moore do something about the hurricane relief efforts instead of whining to the president about it? He sure can complain but when it comes to action what has he accomplished besides write a few dumb books yet AGAIN complaining about the president... I feel sorry for the sucker that listens to a word he says... he is like a reverse Ann Coulter... I don't like her either. They are both idiots... refusing to see the other side of the story and so corrupted by their false facts and mistatements...

Mr. Michael Moore... do us all a favor...

SHUT UP!!![/color]

Thank you...

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 07:22:46 pm »

How do you know he hasn't? ><
[snapback]227804[/snapback]
It is quite unlikely. He'll be too busy spouting his mouth off.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 07:27:19 pm »
I'm not a big fan of Bush, but I won't bash him for his response to Katrina.

The man handles big situations likes this very well.  I seriously think he's doing his best.  

Honestly, I don't think any of us have the right to say what he should or shouldn't do.  He has a lot of pressure on him, and people trying to tell him how to do his job doesn't help any.  I say people get off his back, and let him do what he can.  There's only so much he CAN do.  He's not God, he's a human.  His power is limited.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 07:39:19 pm by thebigcheez »

patrick_is_my_lover25

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 07:38:31 pm »
you are so right.....bush needs to get off his fat white butt and do somthin.........did u no that he took the labor day weekend of and said see ya tuesday........like i always say....friends dont let friends vote republican :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

-watch the profanity please-
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 07:41:35 pm by IZ »

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 11:03:48 pm »
you are so right.....bush needs to get off his fat white butt and do somthin.........did u no that he took the labor day weekend of and said see ya tuesday........like i always say....friends dont let friends vote republican :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

-watch the profanity please-
[snapback]228034[/snapback]

I didn't tell Bush to get off his ***, I said Michael Moore. =)

jojobird

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 11:54:04 am »
You swear a lot Fink. I do too. But I don't post it here a lot.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 11:54:19 am by jojobird »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 11:55:31 am »
[snapback]228686[/snapback]
I don't reckon you've ever been around a real sailor mouth.

jojobird

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 11:58:46 am »
[snapback]228687[/snapback]
So you swear too? Okay getting off topic! :offtopic:

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 12:32:31 pm »

Nice observation. :rolleyes: I could swear so much more, you just haven't seen my bad side. Michael Moore just happens to tread on my bad side with a really big mouth.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005, 02:12:31 pm »
[snapback]228687[/snapback]
So you swear too? Okay getting off topic! :offtopic:
[snapback]228695[/snapback]
Is that what I said?

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 07:15:14 pm »
Micheal Moore isn't going to change American's views on the president.  It didn't affect the election at all.  I wish someone would make fun of him by doing a spoof of Freaky Friday where Micheal Moore and George W. Bush switch lives and see a walk in their each other's shoes.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 07:21:56 pm »
Micheal Moore isn't going to change American's views on the president.  It didn't affect the election at all.  I wish someone would make fun of him by doing a spoof of Freaky Friday where Micheal Moore and George W. Bush switch lives and see a walk in their each other's shoes.
[snapback]229032[/snapback]

You mean the fact that it was 50.73% to 48.27% had nothing to do with Fahrenheit 9/11 or any other protest?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 07:27:19 pm »
Micheal Moore isn't going to change American's views on the president.  It didn't affect the election at all.  I wish someone would make fun of him by doing a spoof of Freaky Friday where Micheal Moore and George W. Bush switch lives and see a walk in their each other's shoes.

You mean the fact that it was 50.73% to 48.27% had nothing to do with Fahrenheit 9/11 or any other protest?
[snapback]229034[/snapback]
*I know you didn't ask me but I'm saying anyway* I really don't think Fahrenheit 911 had a lot to do with that. I think that 48% would have voted Kerry anyway. I say so because I know for a fact that a LARGE portion of the people who went to see Fahrenheit 911 went to see what kind of joke Moore was up to this time. At least half the money made off Fahrenheit 911 was from conservatives. Go figure.

jojobird

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 04:36:23 pm »

[snapback]229034[/snapback]
*I know you didn't ask me but I'm saying anyway* I really don't think Fahrenheit 911 had a lot to do with that. I think that 48% would have voted Kerry anyway. I say so because I know for a fact that a LARGE portion of the people who went to see Fahrenheit 911 went to see what kind of joke Moore was up to this time. At least half the money made off Fahrenheit 911 was from conservatives. Go figure.
[snapback]229037[/snapback]
I really haven't thought of it that way. The movie didn't make a difference in the voting. If people wanted Bush, they'd vote Bush. If they wanted Kerry, they'd vote Kerry. A movie won't change their perspective or their political choice.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2005, 06:42:14 am »
Michael Moore can say whatever he wants about the president, just like you should be able to too, Michael Moore only wants to tell the president what he thinks is best for the people in New Orleans. And he has all the right to think that.

jojobird

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2005, 12:29:59 pm »
You know, I just read the actual whole letter, and it's really bashing Bush, A LOT!

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2005, 07:15:13 pm »
You know, I just read the actual whole letter, and it's really bashing Bush, A LOT!
[snapback]230934[/snapback]

No he's not! OMG...

Katierox

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 03:19:11 pm »
This may sound really rude and ignorant..Im sorry these are not my intentions.

But. I am so tired of americans "bashing" bush... What micheal moore and thousands of other people might not realize is that the govanor has to call out for the national guard and then there request must be processed bush could not have done anything, if anything the problem is FEMA (Federal Emercy Management Agency??)....It's there responsiblity to respond to the problems until the national guard is called in.....

Learn your crap before you talk smack about it