Author Topic: Everyone is leaving  (Read 16738 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:31:21 pm »
Wow it seems like allot of people are leaving USB, just today 2 moderators quit, and Jack almost left, but he's supposed to stay, just not be on as much. The reason for everyone leaving seems to be that this board has become for a lack of a better word a dump. Spam posting galore, and it seems like most intelgent posts are gone, now I understand SpongeBob is a kids cartoon, but USB has a reputation as the mature SpongeBob board, one of the few that hasn't been overrun by kiddies. So what I'm saying is that we should post some changes we'd like to see on this board in this topic. We also need a way to keep good members here at USB.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:38:35 pm »
This sucks! Chris has LEFT FOR GOOD! Andrew resigned as a mod! This site is turning. The staff is doing a greatjob on trying to fix the board, but it isnt easy, I bet. Ask one of them. I just wish they wouldnt leave or resign. But we still have some more people. When you leave you are lesssining chance of the site making a comeback.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 12:39:36 pm »
This sucks! Chris has LEFT FOR GOOD! Andrew resigned as a mod! This site is turning. The staff is doing a greatjob on trying to fix the board, but it isnt easy, I bet. Ask one of them. I just wish they wouldnt leave or resign. But we still have some more people. When you leave you are lesssining chance of the site making a comeback.
[snapback]234570[/snapback]
When did this site ever amount to a comeback? It's always been great.

patrick_is_my_lover25

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:41:21 pm »
people are givin up too easily
when the new eppys come out there will be more to discuss.............and it wont be as stupd as it is now.
watch youll see

Kenny Blankenship

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:41:38 pm »
You know... I came this close to leaving as well.  Seriously, I was prepared to just walk away, but now that two mods have resigned, I feel like I should stick around a little bit more...

The whole place just seems a lot less fun now.  I've been a posting a whole lot less, and it's not because I've been busier, it's because there isn't any decent topics around here anymore.  Seems to now be more or less popularity contests or whatever.  And the whole board seems a lot less like a community, and it seems more like a collection of little cliques running around everywhere.  And there's a LOT more fighting going on, and... man, is it frustrating...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:48:03 pm »
The only thing keeping me from leaving(despite my above stament) is the fact I cant find anything else to do.

Banana

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 12:56:28 pm »
It's unavoidable.  Within a few months this place will be dead. Forums die.  It's sad but life goes on.  I was going to quit but I can't...no matter how may fags might populate the boards I love this place and will never leave except for things beyond my control.

Two Moderators left?  Hmmm...some new POSITIONS mus be open then...for NEW mods...hint hint

-Banana

Kenny Blankenship

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 01:02:59 pm »
It's unavoidable.  Within a few months this place will be dead. Forums die.  It's sad but life goes on.  I was going to quit but I can't...no matter how may fags might populate the boards I love this place and will never leave except for things beyond my control.

Two Moderators left?  Hmmm...some new POSITIONS mus be open then...for NEW mods...hint hint

-Banana
[snapback]234581[/snapback]

Well then... what's the point of hiring new moderators if the place is going to die off in a few months like you say it will?

Dragon Of Grief

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 01:07:41 pm »
I don't know why I stay. Something keeps drawing me back here. I can't stand a good 90% of the people here yet I keep posting... go figure.

Jackie-Boy

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 01:20:12 pm »
I feel I need to say something. No matter how some of you feel about this, I think part of the sudden collapse has to do with me. Whenever two people get into a fight, who's one of them? It's usually me and someone else over simple differences. And these arguments sometimes - no, always - make the thread less fun. The mods are usually the ones who have to clean this up, too, which makes me feel bad. I wish I could do something to stop these arguments, but there's nothing keeping me from speaking my mind, so...

If we do need new moderators, I nominate Banana and Nicole.

Kenny Blankenship

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 01:24:53 pm »
I feel I need to say something. No matter how some of you feel about this, I think part of the sudden collapse has to do with me. Whenever two people get into a fight, who's one of them? It's usually me and someone else over simple differences. And these arguments sometimes - no, always - make the thread less fun. The mods are usually the ones who have to clean this up, too, which makes me feel bad. I wish I could do something to stop these arguments, but there's nothing keeping me from speaking my mind, so...

[snapback]234605[/snapback]

Honestly, we all need to learn how to not ruffle anyone's feathers, and also to not respond (or retaliate) to comments made against us.  It is getting to be a chore seeing half the board at each other's throat.  But it isn't the only problem...

Jackie-Boy

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 01:31:38 pm »

[snapback]234605[/snapback]

Honestly, we all need to learn how to not ruffle anyone's feathers, and also to not respond (or retaliate) to comments made against us.  It is getting to be a chore seeing half the board at each other's throat.  But it isn't the only problem...
[snapback]234611[/snapback]

I'm trying to work on it. I need to just ignore what people say to me.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 01:36:02 pm »
I simply ignore the users who bother me the most...block their PMs and block reading their messages.

But there are a select few who won't shut up...and I am one of them.
I have thought of leaving often, mainly down to the fact that there are too many childish people on here and its rare for anyone to be serious anymore, I am nearly an adult now and I like talking in an adult manner to other mature people.
The fact is, too many kids on the board make me feel uncomfortable, so that is why if the tone doesn't change from immature to mature by the end of the year, I am leaving.

I can't change people, I don't expect to and I don't want to....but it gets so irritating, I try to cooperate with the kids on here, but they get the wrong idea and lash out at me.

Plus, alot of the good topics and debates don't last long and die quickly...the games forum is getting annoying too, especially with the USB Wedding Chapel being re-born again.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Kenny Blankenship

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 01:40:04 pm »
I simply ignore the users who bother me the most...block their PMs and block reading their messages.

But there are a select few who won't shut up...and I am one of them.
I have thought of leaving often, mainly down to the fact that there are too many childish people on here and its rare for anyone to be serious anymore, I am nearly an adult now and I like talking in an adult manner to other mature people.
The fact is, too many kids on the board make me feel uncomfortable, so that is why if the tone doesn't change from immature to mature by the end of the year, I am leaving.

I can't change people, I don't expect to and I don't want to....but it gets so irritating, I try to cooperate with the kids on here, but they get the wrong idea and lash out at me.

Plus, alot of the good topics and debates don't last long and die quickly...the games forum is getting annoying too, especially with the USB Wedding Chapel being re-born again.
[snapback]234618[/snapback]

Yes, exactly.  It is irritating how much the trends and popularity contests have gotten out of hand.  I mean, they're fine in moderation.  But when there the only topics anyone's paying any attention to, instead of creating decent worthwhile threads, it gets annoying.  I know I can't change that for myself, but it's a little pet peeve of mine...

Chrono

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 01:42:29 pm »
Too many people leaving Brad something something...and get sad.
But there are still alot of people on this here forum.
And I forgot to send this message so it sat here for about 10 minutes...