Author Topic: Im Back...  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Im Back...
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:57:15 pm »
Whew, I'm gone a week and a bit, and the place goes bonkers, 2 good members with a leaving post, that really, really sucks.

I'm very sorry to see Jackie-boy and Starr2k3 to leave, Its a shame its come to this, it really is. I'll miss you both.

Anyway, under all the sadness, and grey skies, there is a slight bit of good news, I'm back....actually, you decide if its good of bad news, I'm in no place to say.

So yeah, I had an absoloutly AMAZING holiday in Florida, probably the best I've had in a LONG time, and thats all because I'm a big kid at heart, and Disney World is now my 2nd home! BUT....there have been a few things I've noticed about the USA that I find...odd, although we speak the same language, the lifestyle is so diffrent, let me highlight a few things I found odd...

1. Automatic Toilets - I can flush it myself thanks, I dont need you're magical science.
2. KFC - Oh...My...God...I've never been so confused in all my life, Our KFC is just the easiest thing ever to order, for like 20 mins I was stading back of the line to figure out the menu...so confused...
3. Biscuits - What is with these? They are what we would call sconnes, and they just dont go with anything...especially KFC, it was just....odd....
4. Dimes - It took me half an hour to fihure out that that was 10 cents...well done me!
5. Tax - I dont know if its just Florida, but why dont you add on Tax before you buy something, thats just confusing....really confusing.
6. Adverts on TV - My god, they come up every 5 minutes, at the most ridiculous of times, like when I watched Everybody loves Raymond, adverts had finished, the opening titles ran, and then more adverts....what the heck?
7. Mcdonalds - Way....Way....WAY too big...I ordered a Large and the fries were bigger than my head...
8. 21 to drink....thats so unfair, its 18 here, so I couldnt have one stinkin' beer.

BUT, over all that, I have to say, I absoloutly Love America, I swam with dolphins (again) went to 3 Disney Parks, both Universal Studios, and Sea World, We played some Mini Golf, went to Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, and went to Red Lobster under the recomendaion Chris (Red-Hat) gave me.

Things I loved though were...
1. Bacon - God I loved that stuff....YUM
2. The American Accent - I could listen to it all day
3. How clean it is - Very clean, very impressive
4. Everyone was Friendly - Yes....yes they were, and I liked that
5. The Weather - SOOOO warm, I loved it

Next time I go I really want to go Wet 'n' Wild, I never got to go, which is a shame, never mind!

Other news since I've been gone, I'm now in my new house in University, Its great, seriously, great, my own house!! Its creepy, Im actually a responcible person now...well, I try!!

Anyway, I hope I've managed to bring just the TINYEST bit of sunshine into you're lives by coming back. I missed the place  :happy:

Jackie-Boy

Im Back...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 03:00:39 pm »
Whew, I'm gone a week and a bit, and the place goes bonkers, 2 good members with a leaving post, that really, really sucks.

I'm very sorry to see Jackie-boy and Starr2k3 to leave, Its a shame its come to this, it really is. I'll miss you both.

Anyway, under all the sadness, and grey skies, there is a slight bit of good news, I'm back....actually, you decide if its good of bad news, I'm in no place to say.

So yeah, I had an absoloutly AMAZING holiday in Florida, probably the best I've had in a LONG time, and thats all because I'm a big kid at heart, and Disney World is now my 2nd home! BUT....there have been a few things I've noticed about the USA that I find...odd, although we speak the same language, the lifestyle is so diffrent, let me highlight a few things I found odd...

1. Automatic Toilets - I can flush it myself thanks, I dont need you're magical science.
2. KFC - Oh...My...God...I've never been so confused in all my life, Our KFC is just the easiest thing ever to order, for like 20 mins I was stading back of the line to figure out the menu...so confused...
3. Biscuits - What is with these? They are what we would call sconnes, and they just dont go with anything...especially KFC, it was just....odd....
4. Dimes - It took me half an hour to fihure out that that was 10 cents...well done me!
5. Tax - I dont know if its just Florida, but why dont you add on Tax before you buy something, thats just confusing....really confusing.
6. Adverts on TV - My god, they come up every 5 minutes, at the most ridiculous of times, like when I watched Everybody loves Raymond, adverts had finished, the opening titles ran, and then more adverts....what the heck?
7. Mcdonalds - Way....Way....WAY too big...I ordered a Large and the fries were bigger than my head...
8. 21 to drink....thats so unfair, its 18 here, so I couldnt have one stinkin' beer.

BUT, over all that, I have to say, I absoloutly Love America, I swam with dolphins (again) went to 3 Disney Parks, both Universal Studios, and Sea World, We played some Mini Golf, went to Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, and went to Red Lobster under the recomendaion Chris (Red-Hat) gave me.

Next time I go I really want to go Wet 'n' Wild, I never got to go, which is a shame, never mind!

Other news since I've been gone, I'm now in my new house in University, Its great, seriously, great, my own house!! Its creepy, Im actually a responcible person now...well, I try!!

Anyway, I hope I've managed to bring just the TINYEST bit of sunshine into you're lives by coming back. I missed the place  :happy:
[snapback]234704[/snapback]

Silly, I'm staying!

You listed some of my least favorite aspects of America.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

Im Back...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 03:02:55 pm »
Welcome back! Glad you liked America.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Im Back...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 03:05:53 pm »

Anyway, I hope I've managed to bring just the TINYEST bit of sunshine into you're lives by coming back. I missed the place  :happy:
[snapback]234704[/snapback]
B1. No clean.
B2. Some places are freezing.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Im Back...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 03:07:14 pm »
YAY! I'm so glad you're back! If it makes you feel a little better, only one member has left. Jack decided to come back. :P Silly booger.

Now I am going to leave comments on some of the things you talked about being weird in America.

1. Automatic Toilets - Yeah, those are really weird. Sometimes they even flush when you're not done. Well, it does that with me at least. They have some of those at my school. I think it's for germ purposes, and the fact that Americans are really lazy.
2. KFC - Haha. I don't quite understand that. I love KFC, though.
3. Biscuits - They usually just come with southern-type foods...like KFC. The purpose is...to eat them. I know at Church's chicken they give you some honey butter crap to put on them and it is SO GOOD.
4. Dimes - Well, I like dimes. They're usually really shiny.
5. Tax - No, that's all of America. I'm not sure why we do that, but oh well. It's usually just 7 or 8 cents for every dollar, so that's how I figure it out.
6. Adverts on TV - I know -_- I hate that. Especially on shows such as American Idol, they make you wait through a million commercials before you can actually see what happened on the show.
7. Mcdonalds - I totally agree. What they're doing is trying to make us think that we need that much food, so when they give it to us we just eat it all and in return become fatter...or maybe everyone is already fat so they automatically eat huge portions. Who knows.
8. 21 to drink - Yuck. I know. We're weird.

Besides all that, it seems like you had a good time.

POST PICTURES!

Jackie-Boy

Im Back...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 03:08:31 pm »
Simon, I love you.

Never leave me again.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Im Back...
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 03:11:07 pm »
I just read all of jackie-boys thread now....oops, my mistake, I'm glad you're staying :D

Dont worry...I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Dont worry Hannah, I'm lining up my photos for another photo rampage starring me and Neil in the photo page  :biggrin: Including our hat thing we had, whenever we saw random hats, we took a photo of us wearing them, really funny! They'll be up soon  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:11:31 pm by chongster »

Jackie-Boy

Im Back...
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:20:45 pm »
I just read all of jackie-boys thread now....oops, my mistake, I'm glad you're staying :D

Dont worry...I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
[snapback]234732[/snapback]

Oh, let's hug!

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Im Back...
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 03:22:58 pm »
GROUP HUG!

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Im Back...
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:27:38 pm »
Glad you enjoyed the USA Chongster....Im hoping to go to Florida next year with my family...once I have been there, all I need to visit in America is Montana and Utah.....post some piccies Chongster, lotsa piccies!
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Jackie-Boy

Im Back...
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 03:39:11 pm »
GROUP HUG!

[snapback]234762[/snapback]

YAYYYYY!!!!

I count six. Who else besides us?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Im Back...
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 03:43:04 pm »
Um. I dunno. You, me, and Simon can be the three on the bottom. One kid in there looks foreign, that chick looks asian, and that other kid looks ugly. So everyone can have their pick I guess.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Im Back...
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 03:57:11 pm »
Well as long as I'm not one of the Ugly ones its ok  :biggrin: some photos have been posted in the photo bit now by the way for your viewing pleasure  :happy:

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Im Back...
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 04:09:58 pm »
I'm huggin for two! o_O

Great to see you're back. The forums seemed a bit empty without you. The automatic toliets scared me the first time I noticed them. Let's just say it was a convenient place to get scared though. :P

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Im Back...
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 04:10:11 pm »
Welcome back, Chongster.