Author Topic: ::Dolphin Noise:: ::Dolphin Noise::  (Read 20857 times)

Jackie-Boy

::Dolphin Noise:: ::Dolphin Noise::
« on: October 04, 2005, 03:10:10 am »
I don't see the purpose of some words being considered "innapropriate". Not here at USB, but in daily life. Why is it that we can get in trouble for saying "sh*t", but not "crap"? By the way, when it comes to cursing, adults are the biggest hypocrites in the world.

I can understand why we're not allowed to use racial slurs (even though, sadly, some of us do even when we don't mean them).

Also, "hell" used a certain way is considered derogatory, and that I get. Also, the GD bomb is something I drop often, but I'm trying to stop.

The others are stupid though.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:09:45 am »
To tell you the truth I have no idea, swear words have certain severities apparently. Thats why you can say "crap" but not "sh*t" without getting in trouble, why one is worse than the other I don't know.

I don't really mind when people curse, but I rarley do anyway, I just don't see what the point is, I say "d*mn" occasionally when I'm angry, and thats as bad as I get.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 06:46:45 am »
I've never understood the reasoning behind these so called "bad words."  Really, none of these words have any meaning besides what you give them.  Most of them weren't even placed in dictionaries until recent years.  Some dictionaries STILL don't print them.

Basically, cuss words are just words that were made up for use in place of another word, and for some reason, they all became "profane."

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 09:45:40 am »
Cussing makes you sound uneducated really. It's ok to slip out every once in awhile but if you do it too much it makes you look retarded.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 12:38:02 pm »
Cussing makes you sound uneducated really. It's ok to slip out every once in awhile but if you do it too much it makes you look retarded.
[snapback]241689[/snapback]
What the???  This is coming from you?

I cuss almost enough to sound uneducated.  I need to quit right now.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:39:54 pm »

I don't really care if I sound uneducated.  I know I am educated, and what other people think doesn't matter to me. :P

I cuss quite a bit, as most of you who talk to me know.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 12:42:35 pm »
What the???  This is coming from you?

I cuss almost enough to sound uneducated.  I need to quit right now.
[snapback]241712[/snapback]
Don't pick on me Liz :sad:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:44:49 pm »
I don't see the purpose of some words being considered "innapropriate". Not here at USB, but in daily life. Why is it that we can get in trouble for saying "sh*t", but not "crap"? By the way, when it comes to cursing, adults are the biggest hypocrites in the world.

I can understand why we're not allowed to use racial slurs (even though, sadly, some of us do even when we don't mean them).

Also, "hell" used a certain way is considered derogatory, and that I get. Also, the GD bomb is something I drop often, but I'm trying to stop.

[snapback]241633[/snapback]
"crap" is not bad at all.
adults don't want kids to start cussing like they did back when they were teenagers.
you can use "hell" only if you're saying the actualy place of hell.
NEVER use the Lord's name in vein. :O

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 12:44:53 pm »
I cuss all the ::Dolphin Noise::ing time, I don't give a ::Dolphin Noise:: what other people think.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 01:44:56 pm »
I don't cuss ALOT, but I cuss.

One of my friends says ::Dolphin Noise:: after every word she talks like this:

"Yeah so we ::Dolphin Noise::ing went to the ::Dolphin Noise::ing Ice Cream shop and I was like ::Dolphin Noise:: i ::Dolphin Noise::ing forgot the ::Dolphin Noise::ing sprinkles ::Dolphin Noise:: ::Dolphin Noise:: and then they wouldn't let me have any so I ::Dolphin Noise::ing yelled at the ::Dolphin Noise::ing mother ::Dolphin Noise::ing ::Dolphin Noise::...::Dolphin Noise::."

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 04:14:10 pm »
I don't cuss ALOT, but I cuss.

One of my friends says ::Dolphin Noise:: after every word she talks like this:

"Yeah so we ::Dolphin Noise::ing went to the ::Dolphin Noise::ing Ice Cream shop and I was like ::Dolphin Noise:: i ::Dolphin Noise::ing forgot the ::Dolphin Noise::ing sprinkles ::Dolphin Noise:: ::Dolphin Noise:: and then they wouldn't let me have any so I ::Dolphin Noise::ing yelled at the ::Dolphin Noise::ing mother ::Dolphin Noise::ing ::Dolphin Noise::...::Dolphin Noise::."
[snapback]241734[/snapback]
Hahaha...I've seen people like that.

I believe, and Spongebob defends me, that "bad words" are sentence enhancers...

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 04:25:16 pm »
I cuss a lot. It's awful. I tried to stop, but I swear even more then.

Chrono

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 04:32:54 pm »
I cuss a lot. It's awful. I tried to stop, but I swear even more then.
[snapback]241781[/snapback]
Took the words right out of my mouth.
I swear alot if theres a bee or a wasp annoying me.
I believe, and Spongebob defends me, that "bad words" are sentence enhancers...
[snapback]241779[/snapback]
I love my ::Dolphin Noise::ing sentence enhancers
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 04:35:28 pm by Chrono »

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 04:51:15 pm »

[snapback]241633[/snapback]
NEVER use the Lord's name in vein. :O
[snapback]241717[/snapback]

I really am trying to quit with that. :<

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 04:57:34 pm »
I don't cuss very often, only when I'm extremely mad, or in pain. I use the word "pi*sed" though, I don't see anything wrong with that one. I hate it when people cuss every five seconds. That's the only thing that annoys me about cussing.