Author Topic: What should be legal  (Read 10656 times)

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
What should be legal
« on: October 11, 2005, 08:30:21 pm »
What drugs should be legal? The only one that should be legal is marijuana. It's kept cancer patients alive for years. I've never belived what people say about it. I know people who've been smoking weed since the 1960s. They're nothing like the prohibitionists say they should be.

Lil Loco

What should be legal
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 08:34:57 pm »
actually the weed dont keep cancer patientz alive, it jus takez away the pain...

Snowthrower

What should be legal
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 08:46:12 pm »
Personally, I think marijuana should be legal, as long as its not smoked while driving or in a situations where others can possibly harmed. I dont think I've ever heard any dangers of smoking marijuana other than the fact for some it is a gateway drug.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
What should be legal
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:55:48 pm »
I think the gateway part has more to do with the fact that it's illegal than that it makes people want to try stronger drugs.  Once someone gets used to buying off the black market, its about as easy to buy cocaine and heroin as marijuana.  Legalization takes care of that, as well as lowering the prices so significantly as to make stronger illegal drugs much less worth their prices.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:41:51 am by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
What should be legal
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 12:11:17 am »
All drugs are bad except for the medical ones, so I say just medicine should be legal.
All other drugs are bad.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
What should be legal
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:44:57 am »
All drugs are bad except for the medical ones, so I say just medicine should be legal.
All other drugs are bad.
[snapback]244156[/snapback]
Ground your claims.

Lil Loco

What should be legal
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:50:25 am »
alotta foolz use and abuse medical drugz jus az much az thingz like heroin and cocaine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:50:37 am by Lil Loco »

Elizabeth Rose

What should be legal
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 09:38:49 am »
Pot should be legal.  Marijuana isn't as dangerous as alcohol.  It should be legalized and watched closely.  Just like alcohol, ciggarettes, and tobacco.

That said I should be able to legally drink at 18 if I can die for my country.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
What should be legal
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 11:54:49 am »
Legaly I can't drink until I am 18....but I can own a sword/knife/ninja-equiptment when I am 15.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Fifth Dynasty

What should be legal
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 01:18:12 pm »
I don't think any drugs whatsoever should be legal. If people could be trusted and responsible with them, sure, but many American people aren't responsible enough to do that. And it gives younger kids easier access to something they don't need.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
What should be legal
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 01:22:41 pm »
I don't think any drugs whatsoever should be legal. If people could be trusted and responsible with them, sure, but many American people aren't responsible enough to do that. And it gives younger kids easier access to something they don't need.
[snapback]244268[/snapback]

We're never going to stop people from taking drugs. It'd be better to make the drugs they're taking more sanitary, and with them legal, people won't have to commit other crimes in order to buy drugs.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
What should be legal
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 01:25:59 pm »
Legaly I can't drink until I am 18....but I can own a sword/knife/ninja-equiptment when I am 15.
[snapback]244220[/snapback]

Wow, in England you have to be 15 to own a knife? Here, there is no age on owning a knife. I have some. My brothers have knifes. And not just swiss army knifes, either. Anyway, Back on topic. I think Pot should be legal.

Fifth Dynasty

What should be legal
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 01:27:56 pm »
I get what you're saying, and you make a valid point, but legalizing them will just call for easier access. People don't need easier access to something like that. I despise drugs more than anything in the world (except for sex offenders), so of course I wouldn't want them legalized. If we legalize them, more problems will arise. People will make stupid choices and take them when driving (not that they don't do that stuff now, it would just be much easier to do that kind of thing if they're legalized). Wow, I never knew I acted this much above my age (I'm only 13)...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
What should be legal
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:26:24 pm »
I get what you're saying, and you make a valid point, but legalizing them will just call for easier access. People don't need easier access to something like that. I despise drugs more than anything in the world (except for sex offenders), so of course I wouldn't want them legalized. If we legalize them, more problems will arise. People will make stupid choices and take them when driving (not that they don't do that stuff now, it would just be much easier to do that kind of thing if they're legalized). Wow, I never knew I acted this much above my age (I'm only 13)...
[snapback]244277[/snapback]
People make stupid choices anyway...  As for the driving remark, marijuana does not affect driving nearly as much as even a small amount of alcohol does... not that I would know.  Also, about acting above your age, I think you're acting at your age.  I acted the same way when I was 13.  Most people don't develop a sense of pragmatism (which is generally needed to believe in the legalization of non-addictive, non-lethal drugs) until at least 16, causing misguided government-funded idealism (in the form of D.A.R.E.) to create a constantly brainwashed age bracket.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 04:27:47 pm by cmonkey »

Fifth Dynasty

What should be legal
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 04:59:20 pm »
I'm not "brainwashed", I just witnessed a tragic event in the family. My brtoher smoked weed from when he was 12 to when he was 16. That's a fact. My brother actually stole a car and a few other very idiotic choices. I don't think he would've stolen a f*cking car if he hadn't smoked. It's how I feel. And all the people that I personally know that do drugs are all idiots. Maybe I am only 13, but I know potheads. I don't like them. I despise them.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
What should be legal
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 05:00:33 pm »
People make stupid choices anyway...  As for the driving remark, marijuana does not affect driving nearly as much as even a small amount of alcohol does... not that I would know.  Also, about acting above your age, I think you're acting at your age.  I acted the same way when I was 13.  Most people don't develop a sense of pragmatism (which is generally needed to believe in the legalization of non-addictive, non-lethal drugs) until at least 16, causing misguided government-funded idealism (in the form of D.A.R.E.) to create a constantly brainwashed age bracket.
[snapback]244327[/snapback]
I still remember DARE, I found the program useless and boring. Racism was a factor in making marijuana illegal, so was Jazz music, and that the hemp plant was taking money away from cotton. Marijuana is nowhere near as bad as people say, I've never tried it, but I probably will some day.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Fifth Dynasty

What should be legal
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 05:08:42 pm »
It may not be as bad as people say it is, but it sure as heck isn't healthy.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
What should be legal
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 11:48:37 pm »
It may not be as bad as people say it is, but it sure as heck isn't healthy.
[snapback]244335[/snapback]
True, but neither are most enjoyable activities, like eating greasy food, drinking caffeinated or overly sugary beverages, and sitting around for extended amounts of time watching movies or tv, and playing video games.  It's up the the individual user to decide whether or not an item's mental benefits outweigh its physical detriments.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:49:16 pm by cmonkey »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
What should be legal
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 12:02:00 am »
I've done all that myself Cmonkey for the past 6 years, I don't even do alot of exercise....and I am as fit as any other teenager, so it doesn't qualify for everybody, some people are just born with a better metabalism.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
What should be legal
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 09:12:32 am »
I've done all that myself Cmonkey for the past 6 years, I don't even do alot of exercise....and I am as fit as any other teenager, so it doesn't qualify for everybody, some people are just born with a better metabalism.
[snapback]244899[/snapback]
In the same way, there are people who smoke pot every day, but have no physical deficiencies because of it.

williambob286

What should be legal
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 01:52:59 am »
All other drugs are bad.
[snapback]244156[/snapback]
ditto to that. i've been wondering who smokes here. i know some (but formerly)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 01:53:29 am by williambob286 »

oscar_the_grouch

What should be legal
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 11:29:06 am »
I get what you're saying, and you make a valid point, but legalizing them will just call for easier access.
Around my neighbourhood it is already at easy access. Right now I could go ask atleast twenty people I know and could get hooked up. I am not saying it's right, but if alcohol is legal, marajuana should be to.

Fifth Dynasty

What should be legal
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 11:38:51 am »
Well, to put it blatantly, I just don't like potheads.