Author Topic: even though i'm half white i do apply this  (Read 35301 times)

Dragon Of Grief

even though i'm half white i do apply this
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2006, 09:53:31 pm »
My argument stands until the day we have white pride days, and a union like the NAACP for white people... and my problem with the NAACP is they don't help white people out at all. And Jeremy made a very strong argument... minorities don't need the help of these organizations. Us white folk never had help establishing ourselves... there is racism int he world which sucks. But the minorities want EQUALITY. Not special benefits...

And the reason minorities are not into politics is because most of these old white men have a lot of experience... give it several more years... more minority groups will get involved in politics.

And shouldn't it be about who is better for the job rather then their race? If I didn't know any better i'd say you were being racist, Kevin...
[snapback]267081[/snapback]
1:  The union for white people is called money, which runs the government.
2:  The NAACP was created by a mass movement by African Americans because they were being oppressed.  It's not as if the NAACP is some magical force that chose only to help black people.  It was created by black people to create equality for black people.  And without it, there would be nowhere near the level of equality there is today.  Special benefits? You don't know the meaning of it.
3:  Give it a few more years?  News flash:  There have been minorities in this country since the day it was founded.  It has always been the people with money who run the country.  And since the founding of the country, it has been white men who had the money.  It's never been about experience.
[snapback]267093[/snapback]

aight then, ima take on each of your pointz...

1: not all white people got money...not all minoritiez are poor.
2: while i dont directly disapprove of the NAACP, i dont see why it'z necessary now.  minoritiez arent being lynched anymore and they have the same freedomz everyone else has.  much beyond that, other special interest organizationz can be used in the same way to help people and communitiez, that arent for one specific group of people.
3: yea there'z been minoritiez in the country for yearz...no, there hasnt been the same degree of equality that'z been reached in more recent yearz.

personally i think if itz gonna exist, it should be the NAAAP (national association for the advancement of all people)
[snapback]267094[/snapback]
That third point is a good one... everybody should have an organization that helps white, black, hispanic, asian, indian, everyone... very ncie post once again, Jeremy... you are a valued asset in this debate =)

Lil Loco

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2006, 10:05:48 pm »
1.  I didn't mean it to taken literally.
2.  As for having the same freedoms, legally, yes.  In practice, not quite.  There are still socioeconomic problems that effect a large percent of African Americans in the country.  There is a difference between equality by law, and equality in reality.  And until the second one occurs, I see the need for an NAACP.
3.  I agree that more minorities will reach higher positions in government and society, but again, that would be a direct result of equality in reality.
[snapback]267096[/snapback]

it all dependz...there'z actually areas are here where minoritiez are more prosperous in the workforce than whitez are.  and to be honest, i dont care whether NAACP iz here.  but like i said, i just think it should be for all people, not just one.

and thanx ty.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:12:37 pm by Lil Loco »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:36 pm »
My argument stands until the day we have white pride days, and a union like the NAACP for white people... and my problem with the NAACP is they don't help white people out at all. And Jeremy made a very strong argument... minorities don't need the help of these organizations. Us white folk never had help establishing ourselves... there is racism int he world which sucks. But the minorities want EQUALITY. Not special benefits...

And the reason minorities are not into politics is because most of these old white men have a lot of experience... give it several more years... more minority groups will get involved in politics.

And shouldn't it be about who is better for the job rather then their race? If I didn't know any better i'd say you were being racist, Kevin...
Minorities statistically have lower incomes, so until you can get it so both races have equal OPPURTUNITY, that has to be factored in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:14:22 pm by IZ »

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »
Opurnity, lol.

But anyway.. about the whole "special benifits" thing.. If they aren't supposed to get the help they need, then why save people from hurricanes? Not everyone gets the chance to have their lives saved. And Lord knows those people needed it..

Lil Loco

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:08 pm »

Minorities statistically have lower incomes, so until you can get it so both races have equal OPPURTUNITY, that has to be factored in.
[snapback]267212[/snapback]

just cuz minoritiez got lower incomez on average, dont mean we dont have the opportunity to make more.  if i went to skool and got good gradez, i could become a doctor or a lawyer if i wanted.  the field i'm gettin into after high skool can pay six-figurez per year once i have good amount of experience in it.  opportunity iz everywhere...where or not sumone actz on the opportunity, iz up to the person.

i think wut you're tryin to get at iz havin everyone make the same statistically...that aint the same az having equal opportunity.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:22:23 pm by Lil Loco »

spongebuddie

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2006, 07:55:57 pm »
very good point jermy