Author Topic: Post the Cover of Your Favorite Book(s)  (Read 7194 times)

Patback399

Post the Cover of Your Favorite Book(s)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 04:51:58 pm »
I hear most everyone who read the book in my high school, hated "the catcher in the rye". How'd you like it Joe?
[snapback]268498[/snapback]

Maybe because I can relate with Holden much. New York. Not having a clue. Knowing better times are yet to come.
[snapback]268506[/snapback]

I've heard about that book...in a bad way

I watched a documentary on Mark David Chapman(aka "The Little ::Dolphin Noise:: Who Killed Lennon"), and the guy had two major obsessions: Lennon, and that book. He read how Holden thought of adults as "phoney". The book later prompted him to kill Lennon. Coincidentally, in the book Holden is visited by a hooker in a green dress, and so was Chapman.

The book definitely sounds...inspiring. I woud like to read it.

jesusofsuburbia

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 05:14:58 pm »
I hear most everyone who read the book in my high school, hated "the catcher in the rye". How'd you like it Joe?
[snapback]268498[/snapback]

Maybe because I can relate with Holden much. New York. Not having a clue. Knowing better times are yet to come.
[snapback]268506[/snapback]

I've heard about that book...in a bad way

I watched a documentary on Mark David Chapman(aka "The Little ::Dolphin Noise:: Who Killed Lennon"), and the guy had two major obsessions: Lennon, and that book. He read how Holden thought of adults as "phoney". The book later prompted him to kill Lennon. Coincidentally, in the book Holden is visited by a hooker in a green dress, and so was Chapman.

The book definitely sounds...inspiring. I woud like to read it.
[snapback]268583[/snapback]

Um.. yeah. Actually, Chapman used the Catcher in the Rye as a tour guide before he killed Lennon. He did everything that Holden did.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 11:03:54 am »

John Steinbeck - The Grapes of Wrath - I didn't enjoy this book, or even appreciate it, when I first read it.  Now I realize how great it was.

John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men - Despite the fact that it is extremely short, it's definitely one of my favorite stories.

John Irving - A Prayer for Owen Meany - This book is absolutely great.  It was the inspiration for the movie Simon Birch, but that movie does it no justice.  Owen Meany is the kind of character that makes you think hard about everything.

Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart - It's about an African tribe and their ways and traditions and how those change when a group of missionaries comes along.  It's a really great story.

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird - There's not much to say other than the fact that this book was amazing.  I need to read it again.

Mary Higgins Clark - A Cry in the Night - A great suspense novel.  Everything about this book is chilling.

Bram Stoker - Dracula - Eh, it's a classic.  Everyone's heard of it.  It's very compelling.  I absolutely loved the style of the book.  It's basically a bunch of journal entries and newspaper articles.

I'm probably going to start reading The DaVinci Code soon.  It's one of the books I've wanted to read for a long time, but never had a chance to.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 11:08:40 am »

And of course there is Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 11:11:03 am »
Hey Liz, pass the Chronic(what!?)cles of Narnia.

I liked the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe too.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 11:11:39 am »
HAHAHAHA.  They are all such good books.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 11:56:44 am »
Omg, I totally forgot about Number The Stars. That is one of the greatest books ever. I haven't read it since elementary school.

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 01:31:17 pm »

Took me 3 weeks to actually realise it was a parable.
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 06:33:19 pm »
Whoops! I forgot I actually posted in this topic.  *backs away slowly*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 06:33:58 pm by thedarkonexxx »
A thug changes,
A love changes,