Author Topic: Your religion?  (Read 19892 times)

Lil Loco

Your religion?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2006, 08:06:16 am »
I am part catholic and part christian
mom and dad have different religions
[snapback]277489[/snapback]
Catholic is a christian religion. Something like Jewish is still Christianity.
[snapback]277605[/snapback]

jewish isnt christianity.  christianity branched from it after jesus' birth, but judaists believe only in the old testament and not the new testament, where christ comez as the messiah.  christ iz the foundation of the faith...hence the name christianity.

Jackie-Boy

Your religion?
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2006, 09:46:35 pm »
I'm Agnostic. Unless I see actual proof in the existence of God, I'm highly skeptical. "Virgin" my patootie.

carterhawk

Your religion?
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »
Christianity is a highly Fractured religion.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Your religion?
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2006, 09:12:25 am »
Christian. Baptist, to be specific.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Your religion?
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:04 am »
Christian. Baptist, to be specific.
[snapback]277706[/snapback]
Word to that.

Lil Loco

Your religion?
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2006, 11:53:28 am »
[snapback]277692[/snapback]

you seriously dont wanna get into bashing here.

i personally dont understand why all the branches formed when the faith is based off the same principle.  small disagreements, i guess.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:55:59 am by Lil Loco »

carterhawk

Your religion?
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2006, 03:05:59 pm »
whos bashing? im just point out there like 300 different minor variations between all the major variotions :p

yorgyschmorgy

Your religion?
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2006, 08:06:37 pm »
I'm Christian>Protestant>Presbyterian

Gideon Brown

Your religion?
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2006, 07:04:54 am »

i personally dont understand why all the branches formed when the faith is based off the same principle.  small disagreements, i guess.
[snapback]277730[/snapback]
I don't see how making an observation is bashing a religion. Christianity is probably the only religion who will kill other Christians on the basis of the actual religion.
Christianity is divided into dozens of different denominations, and therefore is fractured.
Not to mention you shouldn't be one to talk, as you've already been rude enough to any atheists here with your "Anti-Christian" remark.

Elizabeth Rose

Your religion?
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2006, 01:01:01 pm »
The "Christian" church is seriously screwed up.  That is why I never associate myself with a denomination.

Lil Loco

Your religion?
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2006, 01:48:30 pm »

[snapback]277730[/snapback]
I don't see how making an observation is bashing a religion. Christianity is probably the only religion who will kill other Christians on the basis of the actual religion.
Christianity is divided into dozens of different denominations, and therefore is fractured.
Not to mention you shouldn't be one to talk, as you've already been rude enough to any atheists here with your "Anti-Christian" remark.
[snapback]277838[/snapback]

if you wanna play it that way, wut i said was just as much an observation as wut he said...but i actually corrected myself later, acknowledging that atheists are basically just against the basis of religion and there being a God.

and i retract wut i said about bashing.  but your little remark about christians killing other christians iz pretty weak...i dont remember the last time i heard about christians killing other christians for a religious reason.  and about the denominational thing...i dont understand why people split stuff up like that, but thatz why i dont belong to a denomination.  i think alotta people make the faith more complex than it really is and come up with all these other thingz you have to do to make yourself good or wutever.  i follow the bible and focus on my relationship with God...the basis of christianity, that people will forget about underneath all the useless sacraments and rituals that dont serve a real purpose.  

now unless you got more empty remarkz about christianity you feel like throwing at me, i'm done arguing...have a good one.

Gideon Brown

Your religion?
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2006, 07:39:36 pm »
My dear, dear innocent.
Crusades.
The Crusades were to kill not only pagans, and Muslims but heretics, which were basically certain denominations of Christianity.
I did get baptized, and confirmed in the United Church of Canada. I also attended a Catholic high school for four years, where I was forced to learn the history of your beloved religion, most of which I had already learnt in Sunday School, at Church. Unfortunately for your God, my eyes were opened and I was taught about Christians killing Christians because they were not 'true' Christians.

And in the end, Jesus was a Jew. The term Christianity did not enter the picture until close to 200 years after he died and rose. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't taken a religion class in over two years.

If you would like to read up on the Crusades, you may find information here:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04543c.htm

Lil Loco

Your religion?
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2006, 08:09:02 pm »
my dear, dear miss wont let me leave this topic be cuz she has to have the last word,

the men of the crusades were foolish and used the faith for their own ends.  and yea, Jesus was a Jew...He was the king of the Jews.  but he also taught that a new covenant was made through Him and that those who accepted Him as the savior would have everlasting life through the sacrafice He made...which is wut christianity is based on.  

while i'd love to finish this here...i doubt that you'll just leave this be.  so i await, unless you dont got anything else to say.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:12:06 pm by Lil Loco »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Your religion?
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2006, 08:12:49 pm »
my dear, dear miss wont let me leave this topic be cuz she has to have the last word,
[snapback]277949[/snapback]
Isn't that what you're doing :|

Lil Loco

Your religion?
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »
[snapback]277949[/snapback]
Isn't that what you're doing :|
[snapback]277950[/snapback]

i'm not attackin her faith, i'm defending my own...i have the right to do that.  if it was the other way around, she would be defending hers too...but it isnt like that is it?  she'z just gotta get that last shot in on christanity before the topic is dropped...and i say, screw that.

EDIT: now ima set everything straight...i'm a christian, and nuthin anyone sayz will ever change that.  i dont hate or resent people that arent of my faith...if you have a different faith, i'll respect yours as long as you'll respect mine.  the whole idea of arguing about faith on the freakin internet is pretty stupid, seeing as there'z a 99% chance you aint gonna change anyone's mind.  most people are strong-willed and they have to make a decision themselves about wut to believe.  i dont like arguing, but i got more than enough experience in it and if someone feels like attacking my beliefs, i'll debate till i'm blue in the face and the other person getz sick of me regardless.  so lynne...just so you know, i got no beef with you...i think you're a smart gurl and i respect your beliefs as long as you dont try to shoot down mine.  if you still wanna go on about my faith, i aint goin no where.  but if you just wanna drop this now, it would be real appreciated.  thatz all ima say for now.  peace.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 09:55:35 pm by Lil Loco »