Author Topic: The Bible Says "Kill All Homosexuals"  (Read 19376 times)

Gideon Brown

The Bible Says "Kill All Homosexuals"
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 01:36:19 pm »
I don't see why you are attacking me, as I've only stated you should not be taking the Old Testament so seriously. I made no reference to Jesus what so ever, and am insulted by the secular argument that homosexuals should be killed. I mention NOTHING about whether Christianity is wrong. Nor was I talking to you, I was refering to Banana's quote. Holy... cow.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 01:38:50 pm »
I don't see why you are attacking me, as I've only stated you should not be taking the Old Testament so seriously. I made no reference to Jesus what so ever, and am insulted by the secular argument that homosexuals should be killed. I mention NOTHING about whether Christianity is wrong. Nor was I talking to you, I was refering to Banana's quote. Holy... cow.
[snapback]278338[/snapback]
1. Jeremy did not/nor never attacked you.
2. No one said homosexuals should be killed, Bananna was trying to start a debate. "Kill all Homosexuals"  was an ancinet Jewish Law. When Jesus came All was forgiven.

Lil Loco

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 01:39:50 pm »
3. your nice lil comment about the "z" thing definitely reinforcez that you werent talkin to me either.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 01:41:58 pm »
It was quite random, and had nothing to do with my next sentence, which had to do with the Old Testament. In all honesty the z's do hurt my eyes. I read each word, and a z where an s should be is just ridiculous. But to take that one sentence and to assume that everything I'm saying is a singular post directed ONLY at you is childish, and assuming.

Lil Loco

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 01:46:24 pm »
well seeing as i was the only one that had been speakin against the commentz made toward christianity in the topic just recently (not sayin that you were making a direct dig at christianity, but a comment nonetheless), i'd say it was a pretty healthy assumption.  but if was, as you say, a general comment then i retract wut i said directly against you...but i still stand by my point.

carterhawk

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 02:49:49 pm »
God and faith in God is ok.
Organized religion run by mankind is not.

Lil Loco

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 02:53:49 pm »
suprisingly, i sorta agree with you on sumthin here.

i think that man can turn the faith into sumthin more than it needz to be by adding useless ritualz that have nuthin to do with building a relationship with God.  havin said that, i dont think there'z anything wrong with church or going to church, i just think that people can turn the pure relationship into empty religion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »
Like I have said before I believe in God... I do not however believe in organized religion of any kind. I just follow my own beliefs and rules that I live by... I used to be a Christian but now I do not consider myself to be of any religion. I simply believe in God and that is all.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 10:31:23 pm »
The bible simply describes homosexuality being an abomination... it doesn't say anything about killing homosexuals. Many Christians despise homosexual people "notice how I said many, not all." they despise people who have abortions, etc... but a very common rules they have forgotten is "Love the sinner, hate the sin."
[snapback]278313[/snapback]

Its all amazing how many, not all, but many christians have pre marital sex and then wont have an abortion because its against their religion.
[snapback]278315[/snapback]
Well, abortion is wrong. :biggrin:

But the fact that many Christians have pre-marital sex disgusts me.  I know it's true, and they have no place telling anyone else how to live the Christian life if they can't do it themselves.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 11:33:17 am »
Incidentilly(sp?), the King James bible is very un reliable. He changed a few things in it. It does not say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live." It says "Thou shall not suffer a poisoner to live." King James changed tha cause he was daftly afraid of witches. On a side note, King James was a homosexual. The fundemental baptists try and keep this hushed up, but it's true.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 02:32:28 pm »
Incidentilly(sp?), the King James bible is very un reliable. He changed a few things in it. It does not say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live." It says "Thou shall not suffer a poisoner to live." King James changed tha cause he was daftly afraid of witches. On a side note, King James was a homosexual. The fundemental baptists try and keep this hushed up, but it's true.
[snapback]278434[/snapback]
Yes, this is true.  That's why I don't think the whole "homosexuality is a sin" deal is a mistranslation...

Kinda off topic, but interesting information nonetheless.

ti89titanium

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 02:41:47 pm »
as someone else said, this is taking the bible too seriously, and it's like taking the Qu'ran to an extreme or mistranslating the Vedas.

Snowthrower

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 03:12:32 pm »
"If a man also lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)
[snapback]277846[/snapback]

Gees, being homosexual is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a sin. Acts that you commit are the sins, and the only reason why they are sins is because homosexuals cannot get married by a church, which is breaking the 6th commandment (Thou shall not commit adultery), which is the same grounds for a cheating couple etc.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:12:55 pm by Snowthrower »

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 04:05:55 pm »
as someone else said, this is taking the bible too seriously, and it's like taking the Qu'ran to an extreme or mistranslating the Vedas.
[snapback]278516[/snapback]
I don't really see how you can take the Bible too seriously... I can see how someone may take something out of context or take something said figuratively in the Bible literally, but I don't think you can take the Bible "too seriously".

God and faith in God is ok.
Organized religion run by mankind is not.
Well, if you're following the Bible you pretty much have to have organized religion, but a lot of people who claim to be Christians take things that aren't even in the Bible and say that they're necessary, and they take out things that are in the Bible that are necessary and say they are  unnecessary. That's not ok.

carterhawk

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 06:22:51 pm »
the bible is, in theory, the word of god.

when i say organized religion run by man is bad, i mean it literaly.
God should get off his ::Dolphin Noise:: and start running things at the vatican.
the pope is a proxy at best, an imposter at worst. either way, God Himself would be far far better.....