Author Topic: Best Ad Client  (Read 2313 times)

williambob286

Best Ad Client
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:59:50 am »
What's the best company for ads (somehting like Adsense)? And remember, Fastclick is CRAPPISH.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Best Ad Client
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:15:46 am »
adsense puts all that spyware and nonsense on comps bro. don't go with them.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Best Ad Client
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:51:22 pm »
What's the best company for ads (somehting like Adsense)? And remember, Fastclick is CRAPPISH.
[snapback]279404[/snapback]
It all depends on the specifics of the site.  I've found that the highest paying ads are going to be direct advertisements (we got ads from Nickelodeon twice that were excellent).  Contextual is next up in line, with both Google Adsense and Yahoo Publisher Network about neck and neck (and pretty good).  Either one may be better or worse for different genres.  I dislike CPM ad networks like Burst, Fastclick, Tribal, and Casale because the ads are never relevant, are often annoying, and generally pay less than contextual ones.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:52:11 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

williambob286

Best Ad Client
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 02:50:00 am »
It all depends on the specifics of the site.  I've found that the highest paying ads are going to be direct advertisements (we got ads from Nickelodeon twice that were excellent).  Contextual is next up in line, with both Google Adsense and Yahoo Publisher Network about neck and neck (and pretty good).  Either one may be better or worse for different genres.  I dislike CPM ad networks like Burst, Fastclick, Tribal, and Casale because the ads are never relevant, are often annoying, and generally pay less than contextual ones.
[snapback]279656[/snapback]
Question: No ads in the forum? That will help you earn more XD

But adsense is best with text links.

ti89titanium

Best Ad Client
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:47:49 pm »
but often, it doesn't work. People can tend to not notice the actual text in the ads.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Best Ad Client
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »
[snapback]279656[/snapback]
Question: No ads in the forum? That will help you earn more XD

But adsense is best with text links.
[snapback]279690[/snapback]
Forum ads are obnoxious and make practically nothing compared to actual content ads.  Anyway, like I said, whether adsense or ypn is better depends on the specific site.  I make nearly twice as much with YPN than adsense.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone