Author Topic: Kindom Hearts II  (Read 6998 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Kindom Hearts II
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:34:49 am »
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/kingdomhea...%20nhearts%20ii

Gamespot also had a live review at PM EST

edit - wrong forum
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:01:40 pm by IceFox »

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 12:30:47 pm »
Man, I was just about to make this topic.  I'm picking up the game either today or tomorrow.  I've been hyped for it ever since its Japenese release.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:31:04 pm by thedarkonexxx »
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message

SpongeBobAndyZX14

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:44:43 pm »
I used to be obsessed with Kingdom Hearts.  Now I don't really like it.  I'll only play this one for The Nightmare Before Christmas level, and because it has the second best video game character of all time (second to Daxter), ViVi!  He's so cool!  He's what I miss most about Final Fantasy 9!

do the sponge

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
i really like Kingdom hearts :) im getting that game tomorrow and get addicted to it :P

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:24:47 pm »
I've been wanting this game for so long it just isnt fair, I've finished the first one, and the gameboy one, and now I'm eagerly anticipating the release of this one over here in the UK. I've no idea how much longer I have to wait though.

Patrick_Stars

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:39:55 pm »
Same with me, I really want this game. I've played the first one but haven't played the gameboy one. It looks so cool and good, I'm probably going to buy it like 5 months after it comes out, because I still have to finish the other game on expert mode and normal mode. Also the price will be kind of expensive, does anyone know the exact price of it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:42:04 am by Patrick_Stars »

garyfan

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:26:45 am »
Yup, came out yesterday. I might wait a month or so to buy it.

Patrick_Stars

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:46:20 pm »
Can you get armour in this new version? I was just wondering considering it would be kind of cool if you could, but then again it might muck up the game. Just think of Sora running around in a goofy armour suit. :laugh:

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 04:48:52 pm »
I got it and played it.  The opening cinematic is truely great, and just the first three hours where you play as ----- is truely a treat.
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message

Fifth Dynasty

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:49:38 pm »
I got it on opening day (without any reservations, mind you) and, boy, was I ever lucky. Although, yes, the gameplay in this one is terribly simplistic (Just mash X and you'll win almost every battle), it gets balanced out by the absolutely mindblowing story. The first few hours of the game are incredibly boring, but don't let that stop you. If you haven't gotten the game yet then do so. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

GIR

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 07:35:51 pm »
I got it on opening day (without any reservations, mind you) and, boy, was I ever lucky. Although, yes, the gameplay in this one is terribly simplistic (Just mash X and you'll win almost every battle), it gets balanced out by the absolutely mindblowing story. The first few hours of the game are incredibly boring, but don't let that stop you. If you haven't gotten the game yet then do so. You'll be doing yourself a favor.
[snapback]280081[/snapback]
WHAT?!?!?!? you mean the last one, right. This is MUCH more stratigic than the X button murdering predacessor, with the adition of drives, and reaction commands. It is a deeper plot than the last time around so if you like first person shooters dont buy (kidding!). BY NO MEANS was I a fanboy, I wasn't quite fond of the the original game plot or the simplicity of it stated above. but I had 50 bucks and my friend bought the jp import (actually hes japanese and translated to me.) so I pre-ordered.

9.5-10

Teddi

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 09:30:43 am »
I want to buy it, but it costs a lot, so i might not. maybe ill get number one, and then get this on in a few months. So far, it looks really good though.

CloneTrooperX

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 01:57:10 pm »
I really want to get it. Don't have any money.

patrick_is_my_lover25

Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:52:08 am »
bought it on the mondayafter it came out, beat it around 1:00 on saturday morning

i was addicted, and honestly i like the first one better, this time, i just dont kno, maybe i dont like sequels, but the beginning part got me mad because of that guy,

my honest opinion, the first was a better strory, the second, i liked because it continued the story, and the better gameplay, and Sora's outfit was a million percent better

anyone else think there could be a KH III?
i hope so... :blink:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:56:01 am by patrick_is_my_lover25 »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Kindom Hearts II
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 07:42:18 am »
Stupid dad won't let me have a gamecube. Oh well