Author Topic: Black people  (Read 10934 times)

carterhawk

Black people
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:59 pm »
Q: Is a slave a slave if he doesnt know he is a slave?
A: Yes.

oscar_the_grouch

Black people
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 12:12:29 am »
Seeing as this topic is big on slavery I will throw in my opinion about it.

GET OVER IT! Ever race had slaves and every race has been used as slaves. Slavery is wrong but it's apart of the past (in most places anyways). Don't dwell in the past. We have enough issues as of now we need to deal with without dragging up history.

Patback399

Black people
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 05:00:53 am »
Two thoughts on slavery:

- In Ancient Rome, there were no paid servants; just slaves.

- When Abraham Lincoln issued the Emmancipation Proclamation, it only freed slaves in the land they had occupied: the South. He was criticized for not freeing all slaves.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Black people
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 06:25:20 am »

GET OVER IT! Ever race had slaves and every race has been used as slaves. Slavery is wrong but it's apart of the past (in most places anyways). Don't dwell in the past. We have enough issues as of now we need to deal with without dragging up history.
[snapback]284044[/snapback]
There are more slaves than you would think... over 27 million that are spread out all over the world.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 06:25:50 am by SpongeBrain »
All Time

Weekly

oscar_the_grouch

Black people
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 08:13:27 am »

There are more slaves than you would think... over 27 million that are spread out all over the world.
[snapback]284060[/snapback]
I meant in the countries that complain about it. Stop complaining about slavery that isn't happening. If you want to complain about slavery, complain about the stuff that is actually going on. Not junk that happened years ago.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Black people
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 09:26:59 am »
Shes right.

spongebobnet

Black people
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 10:14:21 am »

[snapback]284060[/snapback]
I meant in the countries that complain about it. Stop complaining about slavery that isn't happening. If you want to complain about slavery, complain about the stuff that is actually going on. Not junk that happened years ago.
[snapback]284081[/snapback]
she said it straight up.Way to go!!!:D

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Black people
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 01:54:11 pm »
Slavery is unacceptable whether or not the slaver is being nice to the slave.

Slavery disallows the productive futures of many people in society.

I'm sorry, but I see no reason to fight for slavery now or back then. It's just plain stupid.

And as for forgetting about history, what about the line "History repeats itself?".

Slavery and racism are what fueled WWII. If the European powers had not allowed Germany to make laws against Jews, then the Holocaust may have never occured. But they didn't. They pushed the issue under the rug, and Hitler killed 6million people because of it.

Thwomp

Black people
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2006, 06:21:27 pm »
Abraham Lincoln would be considered a racist in modern times, but not back them.  You gotta look at the times.