Author Topic: Abortion? should it be leagle? Are you for it?  (Read 37690 times)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Abortion? should it be leagle? Are you for it?
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2006, 03:49:12 pm »
well i understand where your coming from with it having a soul..plants dont i do not think..but other than that every other living thing does..
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Wormy Lives#33;

Re: Abortion? should it be leagle? Are you for it?
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2006, 10:09:40 pm »
DANIEL! Put a large graphic image warning before posting that! That pic scared the crap outta me!

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2006, 10:21:57 pm »
DANIEL! Put a large graphic image warning before posting that! That pic scared the crap outta me!
Welcome to the reality of things.

Can you tell me why you bumped this thread to complain about a pic?

enigmawing

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2006, 10:26:50 am »
Sometimes I think that people live in fantasyland, that they feel they should be able to do anything they want without having to pay any consequences.  The bottom line is that if you choose to have sex, even if you use protection, you are risking yourself and your partner into pregnancy (as well as aids, herpes, etc., but that's another debate altogether).  This is not even a question of morals here- if people feel they are mature enough to handle sex, they should feel maure enough to handle whatever consequences it might bring. 

And morally speaking. . . to end the life of growing human being just because you "made a mistake" is wrong.
Cases of rape, incest and danger to the life of the mother should be the only exceptions.

To me, it's wrong to say it's the choice of the mother because it's "her body," while the unborn baby may reside within her; it is a separate being from herself (not a part of her body) that she invited into her womb the moment she spread her legs (I apologize for putting it so bluntly).

We are not animals.  We have the power to make our own decisions.  And of course education is the key to that, but I don't think either spreading the word that pre-marital sex is sinful or passing out free condoms is the answer. 

While I can't say that marriage is "natural," I do believe that choosing one main partner for life is.  Or maybe that's just the woman in me speaking.  Anyway, my point is that I think a lot of problems would be solved if people kept their relationships monagomous and stayed in their own bed.  People need to take the time to realize that there's more to sex than just having it, that there's bigger things to life than the things they want in the moment, and that there are responsibilities that go with it as well.  And if you can't/don't want to handle those responsibilities, then don't go crying to anyone when you don't know how you'll afford that baby or argue that you're too young to be a mother.

carterhawk

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2006, 10:40:49 am »
fdasfda
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 12:16:08 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

enigmawing

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
I woulds say that the cells are human as soon as the soul is formed.

And of course, I'm afraid that the following is nothing more than my opinion because we have no concrete scientific method for determining exactly when the soul is formed.  Whether or not beings have souls at all in the first place is a purely spiritual argument.

Personally, I believe the soul is formed as soon as the sperm hits and the egg takes action to prevent all other sperm from passing through its walls.  That is when everything comes together. . . all the information in that tiny little package is not just a fertilized egg, it's an individual life fighting to grow, beome born, and have a life outside the womb.

And of course, it does take two.  The father should have just as many legal rights as the mother does over any decisions made with the baby, both before and after it's born.

spongey snail

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2006, 11:17:37 am »
Like many people in this thread have already said,abortion is murder.I don't think it is fair something that dosen't know where it is or what it's doing to just be riped apart and killed. That's like telling someone I gonna go kill that person just cause it's there.I belive that anything that has a chance of living should be able to live unless there is complications. Now that dosen't mean if the kid is gonna be deformed or retarded,it means if the mother or the baby will be killed during birth.

Wormy Lives#33;

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:49 pm »
Welcome to the reality of things.

Can you tell me why you bumped this thread to complain about a pic?

EXCUUUUSE Me.