Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 19452 times)

Snowthrower

Gas Prices
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 07:19:36 pm »
i agree if i owned a gas station i would make the prices lowr so that more people would come to mine and no 1 elses      now thats a good idea
[snapback]287477[/snapback]

No it isnt; gas stations dont control the prices of the gas.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:40:15 pm by Snowthrower »

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Gas Prices
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 03:49:51 pm »
the government does..if you made it cheap you'd be losing cash,....^^^
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Snowthrower

Gas Prices
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:46 pm »
the government does..if you made it cheap you'd be losing cash,....^^^
[snapback]289077[/snapback]

The Government only adds taxes to gas, they do not control it; OPEC controls the price of a gallon of oil.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:59:30 pm by Snowthrower »

Elizabeth Rose

Gas Prices
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 07:13:41 am »
i agree if i owned a gas station i would make the prices lowr so that more people would come to mine and no 1 elses      now thats a good idea

[snapback]287508[/snapback]
Actually, it does work.  Here Costco has the lowest gas prices in town, and they make the most money off it.  It also causes people to buy more memberships to the warehouse, because you have to be a member to buy gas.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Gas Prices
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 08:33:17 am »

Actually, it does work.  Here Costco has the lowest gas prices in town, and they make the most money off it.  It also causes people to buy more memberships to the warehouse, because you have to be a member to buy gas.
[snapback]289466[/snapback]
I think biggiofan18 meant that he would own an individual gas station and lower the price, which doesn't work.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Gas Prices
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »

[snapback]289466[/snapback]
I think biggiofan18 meant that he would own an individual gas station and lower the price, which doesn't work.
[snapback]289476[/snapback]
Lies.

There is a gas station here in Texas...forgot where but I heard it on the radio...and the gas is $2.00. Although, I also heard that the line is backed up for half a mile.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2006, 08:29:15 pm »
The same in PA...there's a place that's $2 a gallon...

My parents just bought a Civic Hybrid, and it's nice at all heck. We officially get 49mpg, and it's way better than our van that was supposed to be getting 21 and was getting 14...lol

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 08:00:47 pm »
I'm tired about people complaining about gas prices.  Then again the news media has downplayed gas prices recently as they come down, but they're still high.

I'm also tired of Congress trying to get even with the oil companies they're probably sided and influenced by Wal-Mart.  My father has invested an amount of money in ExxonMobil for his retirement account and so has others.  People should invest more money than to sqander it on Sweet Sixteen parties or buy a new car every eighteen months. 

Here's an idea, ride a bike from place to place or make more phone calls than visiting.  It's called sound transportation and that's alot cheaper than driving.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:30 pm »
I'm tired about people complaining about gas prices.  Then again the news media has downplayed gas prices recently as they come down, but they're still high.

I'm also tired of Congress trying to get even with the oil companies they're probably sided and influenced by Wal-Mart.  My father has invested an amount of money in ExxonMobil for his retirement account and so has others.  People should invest more money than to sqander it on Sweet Sixteen parties or buy a new car every eighteen months. 

Here's an idea, ride a bike from place to place or make more phone calls than visiting.  It's called sound transportation and that's alot cheaper than driving.
Yes, I think I shall take my bike on the Interstate to get to the ballet studio tomorrow.

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 08:26:02 pm »
You know, you could do that and make a statement about rising prices by riding a bike on the Interstate.  Then you'll get on all the news headlines.  It'll probably on the same level as the state that refused the barge full of trash.  As an effect, people began to recycle more.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 08:29:39 pm »

Yeah, that's totally effecient. I'll ride my bike everywhere.

I-96, here I come!

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2006, 04:36:26 am »

Exxon would be the LAST group that I would invest with. Wasn't it proven that Exxon has Al-Queda ties and supports other terrorist groups?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2006, 10:25:05 am »
You know, you could do that and make a statement about rising prices by riding a bike on the Interstate.  Then you'll get on all the news headlines.  It'll probably on the same level as the state that refused the barge full of trash.  As an effect, people began to recycle more.
It would also take two hours to get there or more by bike, if I survived the trip.  I think I'll keep driving.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2006, 02:48:32 pm »

Yeah, that's totally effecient. I'll ride my bike everywhere.

I-96, here I come!
At least you'll get some exercise

Wormy Lives#33;

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2006, 06:11:07 pm »
I wish people would quit whining about gas prices and do something about it.
[snapback]285346[/snapback]
What should we do?
[snapback]285364[/snapback]
Learn to fly.

Nice.

I'm not old enough to drive anyway, so I ride my bike everywhere. But hey, only two more years until that *dolphin noise* Bush is out of here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:14:23 pm by Wormy Lives! »