Author Topic: Whoever Posts Last Wins  (Read 500076 times)

Band8PGeek

Re: Whoever Posts Last Wins
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2006, 02:12:42 am »
Nelson Muntz is arguably one of the darkest and most complex characters in the show. His appalling home life mirrors that of poor children from broken families in much of the USA, with an absent father and a less than caring mother. His obvious delinquency, which has stretched from an interest in firearms to actual arson (as well as countless unprovoked assaults) is tempered by a surprising cynicism beyond his years. Indeed, there are strong hints in the show that Nelson is in fact a caring and sensitive boy, strangled by the hopelessness of his life, and his highly unpromising future. As such, he serves as a symbol of youth denied its potential by economic strife and social rejection. Both Marge Simpson and Lisa Simpson have picked up on this, Marge adopting him as a surrogate son, and Lisa dating him briefly, until discovering that he lied to her; however, he still shows a degree of politeness to her.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2006, 05:42:29 am »

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Band8PGeek

« Reply #452 on: November 04, 2006, 11:31:15 am »
Ned was raised in New York City by two beatniks. Ned's father looked precisely like his son would as an adult, but with a goatee.
Their refusal to discipline Ned and their all-around terrible parenting skills ("we've tried nothin', and we're all out of ideas!") made him a childhood terror. He was eventually consigned to an experimental eight-month spanking therapy program — the University of Minnesota Spankological Protocol — which taught him to repress entirely any and all feelings of anger. This resulted in Ned bearing a lifelong hatred of his parents, one of only two things that he hates — the other being the post office, whose long lines, surly employees, and confusing machines annoy him.
The conditioning of the protocol also produced his trademark speech pattern, as a side-effect. (When he uses his nonsense words, despite his outward cheeriness, he is, in fact, experiencing a surge of rage.)
His utterly repressed anger eventually erupted; following the destruction of his house by a hurricane, Ned suffered a crisis of faith and a very public nervous breakdown, during which he pointedly criticized all of Springfield's citizens. For a time, he had himself committed at Calmwood, Springfield's psychiatric hospital. While institutionalized, Ned wore a straight-jacket and read the newspaper with his feet. Upon his release, he expressed his desire never to squelch his true feelings again, much to the jubilation of his friends. (His desire to run his enemies down with his car led to slightly less jubilation.)

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
  • Ealcon Return To Flight NASA
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #453 on: November 04, 2006, 11:34:00 am »
I am posting.Therefore I have nearly won.
"Do you mock me?"

Band8PGeek

« Reply #454 on: November 04, 2006, 11:36:58 am »
The nature of Ralph's mentality and developmental problem is very ambiguous. Although it is easy to pass off Ralph as a mentally challenged child, there are many things which show that this may not be the case. Ralph is quite capable of acting in a normal manner, he once in a while even makes very valid and sensible points. Oftentimes his bizarre behavior is attributed to his wild imagination. Ralph's behavior and difficulty in school is highly reminiscent of a few childhood psychiatric disorders such as severe autism, sluggish cognitive tempo, and some others perhaps as well, all of which are not impediments of intelligence but rather of social and environmental development.
Ralph often makes metaphors for things to explain to himself how the world works around him, such as describing shutting down the Nuclear Power Plant to avert a meltdown by comparing it to catching a pixie and wrapping it in tinfoil. This is a quality often associated with children who have a mild case of autism or perhaps attention deficit disorder, and also by children who have a very high degree of creative and artistic intellect. One could even say that Ralph has either a very unique perspective of everything, or he simply can't word out what he's thinking easily. As such, Ralph could be many things from a mentally disturbed child, to possibly even an artistic genius which brings up the subject of his prowess in performing arts. Ralph is consistently shown to have a high degree of latent creative and performing talent.
Aside from his role of Washington, Ralph apparently impressed Marge a great deal with his portrayal as Sir Lancelot and his acting exploits are referred to a few more times. His talents don't stop there either, he has impressive talent in singing (comic story Faking the Band), dancing ("Last Tap Dance in Springfield"), critique ("Fraudcast News"), he draws very often and in the comic a substitute teacher insists that he is an artistic genius due to his tendency to speak in haiku. Despite his supposedly subpar level of intelligence, when representing Canada at the Model UN club, he actually knows the words to the Canadian anthem as seen in "Das Bus." Although he has botched up on stage occasionally as well, generally it's strongly implied that he has genuine talent. Ralph also seems to be aware that he isn't "normal".
Children who are highly gifted in creative and artistic intellect are often mistaken by school officials to be mentally disrupted. Ralph is often used as satire to poke fun at modern school's tendency to misjudge young children in this manner, as well as their inability to give children special attention they need due to budget constraints. Regardless of everything however, in the end The Simpsons can be just as random as Ralph himself. Much like the case with every character on the show, it is ultimately up to the viewer to decide what Ralph's true nature is.

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #455 on: November 05, 2006, 06:55:58 am »
B) B) I can see clealy now the rain has gone.

Dum dum diam!

B) B) I can see all obstacles in my way!

"Do you mock me?"

Band8PGeek

« Reply #456 on: November 05, 2006, 07:34:59 am »
Children who are highly gifted in creative and artistic intellect are often mistaken by school officials to be mentally disrupted. Ealcon is often used as satire to poke fun at modern school's tendency to misjudge young children in this manner, as well as their inability to give children special attention they need due to budget constraints. Regardless of everything however, in the end United SpongeBob Forums can be just as random as Ealcon hersel. Much like the case with every character on the show, it is ultimately up to the viewer to decide what Ealcon's true nature is.

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #457 on: November 05, 2006, 11:08:44 am »
I'm confused now.My teacher says I'm mature, but my friends say I'm immature.
"Do you mock me?"

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2006, 11:24:40 am »
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I'M ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2006, 12:32:45 pm »
B) B) Burn, baby, burn,

DISCO INFERNO!

B) B) Burn, baby, burn,

DISCO INFERNO, YEAH, YEAH!!

I like singing the Shrek songs.
"Do you mock me?"

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #460 on: November 05, 2006, 12:36:21 pm »
Tapdance like a monkey on a muffin!  :ph34r:

chris

« Reply #461 on: November 05, 2006, 05:14:20 pm »
I can read my own mind  :huh:

spongebobnet

« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2006, 05:21:39 pm »
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I'M ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool BD!

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2006, 02:07:20 am »
I just killed 500 policemen on GTA: VC for smashing into my very posh car.  :wacko:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:11:15 am by Sarah »

Wilytank

« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2006, 10:09:57 am »
 :mellow: :huh: ^_^ B) :rolleyes: <_< :angry: :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :ph34r: