Author Topic: Dixie Chicks- Taking the Long Way  (Read 3648 times)

bub1028

Dixie Chicks- Taking the Long Way
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:44:48 pm »
If you've heard of this group, you probably know of the recent controversy over what they said about the president.  But now, they have a new album, "Taking the Long Way", and you can't say it's going to be a dud, that everyone hates this group, and this can prove it:
Yep, the #1 album today on iTunes, one of the most popular music download programs.  And you can't say Bush still has America popularity.  Anti-Christ, Mind of Mencia, etc. So discuss what you may think of the band, and free speech.  Do you support them?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:51:29 am »
I think they're dumbass blondes.  Country music is popular because it sucks, and because it is the closest genre to being family oriented.  People won't buy the album because they hate Bush, but because they want crappy music.

coolkid95

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:50 am »
cntry music isn vry gud. my neybor lieks cntry music nd he is in jale.

bub1028

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:10:25 pm »
Country music doesn't suck, it can be good.  And if anybody else has anything INTELLIGENT to say, ahem coolkid95, please feel welcome.

spongebobnet

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:13:46 pm »
It those suk.You cant dance to it thats why  :angry:

I love to dance :D

bub1028

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 02:36:45 pm »
Oh, yeah, that's the real reason people can't like music, sbnet.

And Elizabeth, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  People buy music because it's good; if they wanted to listen to crappy music, they would download it for free off the internet or get it from a library, not pay $9.99 on iTunes or $12 from a Wal-Mart.  Why would you waste money on something they think is crappy?  That's like when my friend said the only reason Roethlisberger tackled the one guy on the game b4 the Super Bowl was because he was scared, so he crouched down and hid his face in his knees.  It doesn't work that way.

spongebobnet

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:30 pm »

[snapback]288805[/snapback]
Thats only one reason  <_<

bub1028

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 02:56:31 pm »

Thats only one reason  <_<
[snapback]288808[/snapback]
:rolleyes:

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 11:00:51 am »

And Elizabeth, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  People buy music because it's good; if they wanted to listen to crappy music, they would download it for free off the internet or get it from a library, not pay $9.99 on iTunes or $12 from a Wal-Mart.  Why would you waste money on something they think is crappy?  That's like when my friend said the only reason Roethlisberger tackled the one guy on the game b4 the Super Bowl was because he was scared, so he crouched down and hid his face in his knees.  It doesn't work that way.
I do.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 04:10:46 pm »
grrr i hate those chicks
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 06:38:47 pm »

And Elizabeth, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  People buy music because it's good; if they wanted to listen to crappy music, they would download it for free off the internet or get it from a library, not pay $9.99 on iTunes or $12 from a Wal-Mart.  Why would you waste money on something they think is crappy?  That's like when my friend said the only reason Roethlisberger tackled the one guy on the game b4 the Super Bowl was because he was scared, so he crouched down and hid his face in his knees.  It doesn't work that way.

Um, duh.  THEY don't think it's crappy, because they have never listened to real music.

bub1028

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:31 am »
Except you made it sound like "they want crappy music", not "deprived of real music."

And I disagree, people have a lot of range these days.  Many of the girls at my school have a bunch of rap, rock, and then about 20% country on their iPods.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 01:45:12 pm »
Rap... it's probably 50 Cent and the like.  Rock, let me guess, they like Good Charlotte and similar "artists"?

Anyway, back to the real point of it all: people don't buy the Dixie Chicks because they hate Bush.  A lot of people don't care about their artists politics.

And the even bigger point: the Dixie Chicks still suck. :P

coolkid95

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 02:36:05 pm »
ys i no!

Snowthrower

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 09:00:57 pm »
They probably know nothing about politics; they're just saying it to get attention.