Author Topic: Image in work places  (Read 3421 times)

oscar_the_grouch

Image in work places
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:59:44 pm »
Image has a lot to do with where you work. Do you think it is right to deny someone a job because you do not think they look professional, even if they are qualified? Does image really make a buisness look better?

I personally never understood how a suite and a tie will make you look more professional. If you know your job and do it well, does it really matter if you look different then the ideal worker in that department? Is it really that odd for a man to want to become a makeup artist? For a lawyer to have bubble gum pink hair?

I was just wondering what some of your opinions are on this. I suppose it's not the most serious issue to ever hit the debate den, but it was something on my mind.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Image in work places
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:06:04 pm »
I've always thought about that too. It deserves to be in the debate den. Why must you look like every "proffessional looking proffessional" to look "professional". that was a bit confusing..eh...aren't you supposed to express your indivdualality? I mean thats what i was always taught. To be your own person, its better to be a leader than a follower, to stand out rather than try to be one of the "in" groups who are all the same. I totally agree with you paige.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

oscar_the_grouch

Image in work places
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:12:58 pm »
Excatly. If do your job well, what does it matter if you aren't dressed like it.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Image in work places
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:14:45 pm »
My friend matt got held back 3 times and he's 16 in 7th  grade, but hey! who cares right? No im just playing. But he's gothic and just because he dresses all gothic all he did was walk into Hot topic to buy something and they offered him a job there. Thats the problem with societies these days...everyone has a label and you have to dress like another label to do what you want in life..without being yourself.. :no:
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty