Poll

Should Political Protests at Military Funerals be Allowed?

Yes
4 (20%)
No
16 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Funeral Protests?  (Read 16119 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Funeral Protests?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 04:05:23 pm »
Okay then, so we have most of you against the first ammendment. Should i take then that most of you also hate america? because america is about freedom of expression. There is no place on this planet more tolerant of unpopular speech. Maybe you would all prefer to go live in germany where its practicaly illegal to even talk about Nazi's now. Or perhaps communist china where expressing your thoughts about the government could get you *elminated* from existing. Your all hypocrites. You claim to support america but at the same time would destroy what america stands for in order to protect it.
[snapback]290669[/snapback]
I dont think anyone is saying they are against it. All you do is extend things further than there meaning to make it seem like you are right. All they are saying is people shouldn't protest, no one said they should be banned from it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 05:40:12 pm by IceFox »

Lil Loco

Funeral Protests?
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 05:46:34 pm »
Okay then, so we have most of you against the first ammendment. Should i take then that most of you also hate america? because america is about freedom of expression. There is no place on this planet more tolerant of unpopular speech. Maybe you would all prefer to go live in germany where its practicaly illegal to even talk about Nazi's now. Or perhaps communist china where expressing your thoughts about the government could get you *elminated* from existing. Your all hypocrites. You claim to support america but at the same time would destroy what america stands for in order to protect it.

i love my country...i love the people that serve it...i'll be joining the marine corps within the next couple years.  to sit there and say that i or anyone else hate america cuz we dont agree with tolerating anyone belittling the value of a soldier's life is the most ironic and stupidest ::Dolphin Noise:: you could ever say.  i care about my country and its soldiers enough to actually WANT to defend their good name...i dunno about you.  america is the land of freedom...but if you want to talk trash on it or its defenders, then wut the hell are you doing here?  if you love your country then obviously you're in the right place...if you hate it, then find another.  freedom of speech is fine, but slander to such a degree shouldnt be seen as ok....period.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Re: Funeral Protests?
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »
but slander to such a degree shouldnt be seen as ok....period.
Exactly.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 10:24:25 pm »
Freedom of expression and all, but a funeral just isn't the place to do it.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 12:30:45 pm »
Considering this is America, yes. It's horrible but this is America. In America we have free speech. There you go.
All Time

Weekly

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 01:13:44 pm »
No, a funeral is supposed to look back, and talk about all the good the person did in their life. And to respect them, not protest, and politicize it.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 08:25:43 pm »
A funeral is a funeral. Respect the dead, or they'll grab your ankles when you're running through the cemetary at night....

weird_4

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 10:34:15 pm »
No way man. That's disrespectfull to those who have faught for our country.

Sb129

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 07:35:02 pm »
No,if the freakin' hippies or whatever want to protest about something go protest against freakin' gas or something.These families are so sad that family member died & freakin' hippies are protesting!?WTF!?WTF!? :angry:

carterhawk

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 08:57:15 pm »
No,if the freakin' hippies or whatever want to protest about something go protest against freakin' gas or something.These families are so sad that family member died & freakin' hippies are protesting!?WTF!?WTF!? :angry:

hippies?
dude, try getting a clue, then come back with a post.

Sb129

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »
Eh,hippies,whackos same thing in my book.

weird_4

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 03:46:00 pm »
Well first of all, that's a good point. Why not make their lifes more miserable than it is?

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 03:59:53 pm »
Eh,hippies,whackos same thing in my book.

dude, try getting a clue, then come back with a post.
All Time

Weekly

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 05:03:07 pm »
My other half of my view:

They can freely express whatever they want somewhere else. :P

Otherwise I'll freely express how much my 'pet' shotgun likes to sing for idiots :D

carterhawk

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 11:13:58 pm »
My other half of my view:

They can freely express whatever they want somewhere else. :P

Otherwise I'll freely express how much my 'pet' shotgun likes to sing for idiots :D

that kind of thinking is what will lead to "Free Speech Zones" being the only places to legaly exercise your first ammendment rights.