Poll

Are people more racist against gay men then gay women?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Unsure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Are people more against gay men then women?  (Read 12227 times)

BiggerSquarierSpongier

Are people more against gay men then women?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 01:27:23 pm »
it is an okay thing. i have heard a gay guy say he cant help being gay. he just finds himself attracted to men and cant help it. he wishes he were straight, i mean he is the most major hunk youd ever meet, buthe just cant help who he likes or finds attractive.
[snapback]290652[/snapback]
Like I've said before, being attracted to someone of the same sex isn't necessarily wrong. But acting on that attraction is. Just because somebody wants to do something doesn't necessarily make it right.

And I am tired of you religious activists who can't give any other reason for not accepting gays other then "God says it's wrong." How do you know God says it's wrong? Maybe perhaps the bible is wrong? Ever thought about that?
I don't hate gay people or anything,  I just hate the fact that people are accepting homosexuality. If men were supposed to be with men, why are there women, too? Why isn't the world all men or all women if we are supposed to be gay? That's not how it works.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 01:28:25 pm »
uhmm well people can choose who they want to be with. religion is the evil of everyones life..people go crazy over it
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 01:34:20 pm »
I'm good with both.
All Time

Weekly

carterhawk

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 03:24:45 pm »
Being a straight guy who is in to chicks, there is nothing hotter than two chicks getting it on :D

more power to the gay community!

Lil Loco

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 05:48:07 pm »
s
t
f
u

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 10:26:02 pm »
Being a straight guy who is in to chicks, there is nothing hotter than two chicks getting it on :D

[snapback]290668[/snapback]

That is a discusting comment you should of kept to yourself. Don't speak for all straight males. I know a fare share who do not get any pleasure out of that. Two females doing that to turn a guy on is one thing, but if you actually are a lesbian you do not want to turn men on.

Anyways, I think gay men are more frowned apon because females do not penatrate eachother. The thought of it doesn't repulse as many people, because lesbians have no dolphin noise. Thinking about it logically they cannot have actual sex.

Annd, speaking for my group of friends, it is just as attractive for two guys to makeout as two girls. Homosexuality is not only supported in the scene of kids I hangout with, its strongly encouraged. Downtown Vancouver is a very openly gay area. If you are gay, no one cares. You aren't going to get harassed or beaten up for it.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 06:27:48 am »
I wish it were that way here, it would be alot better..
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 08:55:34 am »

That is the worst thing you ever said. I DO NOT LIKE 2 CHICKS MAKING OUT. Not all guys do. Don't act like everyone is like you. :-)

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 01:53:26 pm »

That is the worst thing you ever said. I DO NOT LIKE 2 CHICKS MAKING OUT. Not all guys do. Don't act like everyone is like you. :-)
[snapback]290800[/snapback]
Thank-you Daneil for agreeing with my previous post. Not everyone likes the same thing, and carterhawk seems to think everyone shares his brain.

ernest310

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 05:55:06 pm »
Well, no one's mentioned it, but the equivalent of "racism" for gays and lesbians is either "homophobia" or "heterosexism."  There's all sorts of debate on which word is more effective.

Anyway, while gay men and lesbians are generally frowned upon in society, gay men tend to have it worse.  This is nothing new.

Back in the 1950s, homosexuality was viewed as a mental illness or disorder, a characterization that did not change until 1973 (74?), when the American Psychological Assocation took it off the list, partially in response to the gay rights movement which had been in full swing (no pun intended) for about half a decade.

Back then, it was called "gender inversion"; gay men wanted to be women and vice versa.  It is for this reason that we see the roots of lesbianism being a little less stigmatized.  "Oh, they want to be men," was the reasoning of the time, which to many of them made sense, considering that men had the power.  But for men to want to be women? Sissies!

Unfortunately, the most common reason has already been given (straight men seeing 2 women "get it on.")

In other news:

Organizations run by religious groups with the express purpose of attempting to shift one's homosexual orientation to heterosexual are called "ex-gay ministries," and they are extremely controversial.  There are myriad stories of gays and lesbians now in committed, monogamous heterosexual relationships.

"Reparative therapy" is the same thing without the religious bent.  Just as controversial.  The primary impulse here is that (at least for men) homosexuality is "caused" by a weak relationship with dad that gets sexualized upon hitting puberty.  In other words, one's homosexuality is simply a manifestation of other social/emotional issues that went unmet or unaddressed in childhood.  Address those issues, and change (according to them anyway) can happen.  There's obviously more to it than that, and I've hardly done it justice, but that's the theory, in a nutshell.

FYI, the two gay male founders of the umbrella ex-gay ministry group (Exodus International) actually ended up falling in love with one another.  Several key leaders have also been spotted in embarrassing places (John Paulk, for example, was photographed at a gay bar in Washington DC.  Paulk is one of those individuals mentioned above--he was a drag queen who became "ex-gay" and got married.  There was a Newsweek cover story about them in 1998. I'm not sure what he's up to now--the gay bar incident happened in 2000.)

So needless to say the jury is still out on the ex-gay/reparative therapy issue.

I hope I've clarified some of the debate.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 07:56:36 pm »

That is a discusting comment you should of kept to yourself. Don't speak for all straight males. I know a fare share who do not get any pleasure out of that. Two females doing that to turn a guy on is one thing, but if you actually are a lesbian you do not want to turn men on.

Anyways, I think gay men are more frowned apon because females do not penatrate eachother. The thought of it doesn't repulse as many people, because lesbians have no dolphin noise. Thinking about it logically they cannot have actual sex.

Annd, speaking for my group of friends, it is just as attractive for two guys to makeout as two girls. Homosexuality is not only supported in the scene of kids I hangout with, its strongly encouraged. Downtown Vancouver is a very openly gay area. If you are gay, no one cares. You aren't going to get harassed or beaten up for it.
[snapback]290739[/snapback]

Ladies and Gentern00ts...although some of you may think the comment is disgusting, please use your knowledge in your own posts to disseminate why he made such a comment (is disseminate a word? LOL)....

Think with me here: If Downtown Vancouver is an openly gay area, isn't there the possibility that an area can exist where people are open about liking 2 women 'gettin it on'?

I know that a survey was taken in my school. These are approximate answers to what the survey actually said...i can't remember the exact percentages..

70% of people were AGAINST allowing gay marriages
but....
85% of guys wouldn't mind to see 2 girls together

I personally had a girlfriend who had a very close neighbor friend who happened to be a girl. I saw them kiss one time and was like W. T. F......but then I learned that I could care less....cause +2 is always better than one, except with cancer and golf....

I don't know exactly how to explain what I'm trying to say (because my stupidity restrains me forever), but I hope you get the picture.

Quite possibly, carterhawk grew up in an area similar to mine in it's mentality....who knows.

Alls that I know is that cheese tastes so gd good.....omg

Dragon Of Grief

Re: Are people more against gay men then women?
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 10:18:05 pm »

You have no brain in your head do you?

Sb129

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 11:03:07 am »
Yes,they are you barely hear Lesbian on the news,but I could care less if someone is gay or not.I'm not big into the religion *dolphin noise*.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 02:51:36 pm »
it is an okay thing. i have heard a gay guy say he cant help being gay. he just finds himself attracted to men and cant help it. he wishes he were straight, i mean he is the most major hunk youd ever meet, buthe just cant help who he likes or finds attractive.
[snapback]290652[/snapback]
Like I've said before, being attracted to someone of the same sex isn't necessarily wrong. But acting on that attraction is. Just because somebody wants to do something doesn't necessarily make it right.

And I am tired of you religious activists who can't give any other reason for not accepting gays other then "God says it's wrong." How do you know God says it's wrong? Maybe perhaps the bible is wrong? Ever thought about that?
I don't hate gay people or anything,  I just hate the fact that people are accepting homosexuality. If men were supposed to be with men, why are there women, too? Why isn't the world all men or all women if we are supposed to be gay? That's not how it works.

Everytime you enter this debate all you can do is add on about how religion condemns it and how it is unnatural, wrong, against god, blah blah blah. Come up with a better reason then your religion, because guess what? Not EVERYBODY believes in Christianity... why should a whole population suffer just because some old, conservative, men can force their beliefs among the whole populace not just homosexuals, but people in religion. The only reason gay marriage is illegal is because of religion. There is no other founded facts why it shouldn't be legalized. And it is slowly being approved around the US... it is only a matter of time before every state in the US allows it.

So yeah, come back to me when you can think of a halfway decent reason why homosexuals don't deserve to be accept. They can't be opinions... they have to be proven facts... good luck.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 07:40:03 pm »
that was really good Ty!!^^ ^_^
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002