Author Topic: Favorite Movie  (Read 80565 times)

Spongebob_geek81

Re: Favorite Movie
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2008, 10:09:26 am »
I love Cloverfield, 28 weekls later, naruto the movie:ninja clash in the land of snow, and diary of the dead

Misskate1990

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2008, 01:31:53 pm »
Poltergeist & Poltergeist 3
Jaws Movies
National Lampoon's Vacation Movies
Grumpy Old Men/Grumpier Old Men
Spaceballs
Ghostbusters 1 & 2

Err can't think of anymore right now!!

$$$got no money so$

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2008, 10:23:34 am »
castaways quite good

S.Mina

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2009, 07:25:25 pm »
Saving Private Ryan

devroy

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2009, 03:51:48 am »
 Action movies are my fevorite but i like most in which ninja weapons are used as
a enter the dragone .Hollywood loves anything they can mold into a cash-cow. From the spaghetti westerns of yesteryear to the epic

retelling of history and mythology i.e Troy. Some of these stories are completely fictitious or have been heavily

modified from a real story for more entertainment value. With that approach sometimes things are lost in

translation or exaggerated for effect, Ninjas and the Ninja movies are certainly not exempt for this.

A very basic history of ninjas goes a little something like this: Originating somewhere in the 12-14th century and

believed to be the very first special forces like unit. Trained in subterfuge and espionage the main

goals/missions of the ninjas was information gathering like modern day spies, with occasional assassinations and

guerrilla tactics to disrupt bases and supply lines.

Ever seen a ninja movie that even closely relates to the history? I doubt you ever will, but that doesn't mean the

movies are not completely inaccurate. Ninjas were not mighty warriors, in fact during large portions of Japan's

history weapons were outlawed for all bar the samurai who were the warriors of the time. Ninja 'weapons' are less

weapons and more farm tools and implements modified for the subterfuge and espionage missions they completed.

Ninjas rarely fought masses of enemies either, since they were not trained for battle as the samurai were they

would often perish if they stood there ground, thus leading to deceptive tactics used to distract so they could

procure there escape.

And of course, ninjas were just normal people like everyone else, they are not 'magical' they cannot become

invisible or clone themselves or any other outlandish thing like that. Deception was the ninja's biggest tool, and

via spreading stories they had many of the people of the times believing they could do such things, one account

even tells of a ninja who faked his death to scare his enemies into believing he could not be killed.

All in all ninja movies are generally exciting and action packed but rarely if at all contain a historically

accurate portrayal of the ninja.
ninja gear

leapyear29

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2010, 03:13:18 am »
i like 'Two Weeks Notice'. (Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock).. i also like movies concentrated on Lawyers or something.. like Legally Blond, i Am Sam, etc.. :)

Patromatic3000

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2010, 06:17:19 am »
 :ph34r:the rambo series and son of rambow

Dr.Pain

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2010, 10:20:42 am »
blues brothers

Offline dobson95

• Kelp
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
My favourite movie is the cat in the hat. Its funny, entertaining and doesn't get boring when you watch it over and over again