Poll

Do you think the Iraqies are responsible for what they did on 9/11?

Yes
6 (37.5%)
No
7 (43.8%)
Not sure
3 (18.8%)
Other (specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: The war  (Read 20029 times)

weird_4

The war
« on: June 10, 2006, 04:27:24 pm »
Well on 9/11, we all know that 3 planes crashed and 6 Iraquies have caused that. What are they doing to us? Is it somthing we did to them? Why'd they do that? Is this why theirs a war going on right now? Should they be put in jail? What's bush going to do about this? We need answers people. We need to find out what's going on with them and put this war to an end! We could be in piece with them and none of this would've happened.

carterhawk

Re: The war
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 04:42:28 pm »
Well on 9/11, we all know that 3 planes crashed and 6 Iraquies have caused that. What are they doing to us? Is it somthing we did to them? Why'd they do that? Is this why theirs a war going on right now? Should they be put in jail? What's bush going to do about this? We need answers people. We need to find out what's going on with them and put this war to an end! We could be in piece with them and none of this would've happened.

I think that the 6 Iraqis who crashed the planes are responsible for their own actions, yes. but is the entire nation of iraq and all the pople in it responsible? heck no. As it stands right now the U.S. is an occupying force in a soveriegn nation fighting a war against the natives. Because some of those natives dont like America, they continue to attack us. In general, the problem is a matter of religion. Christians and Islamics have had a long history of violence towards each other. America is a generaly christian nation, and compared to many middle eastern countries, extremely decadent. Lets also not foget that at one point the lands of the middle east were the capitals of the world, high points of knowledge and art. Eventualy those places fell into decline, and there may be resentment against the western world for suplanting the middle east as the culture capital of the known world.

Patback399

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:40:30 pm »
Wasn't it... Afgan extremists who were responsible for the attacks?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 05:58:10 pm »
What, are you insane, sir(s)?  The number was not six, and if I recall correctly, the majority of the hijackers were Saudi Arabian and Egyptian.  Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda until the US invasion of it, at which point every Islamic terrorist organization under the sun set up camp there.

This is proof enough for me that there is a serious lack of real logic and understanding present in America, and quite a few sponges who just absorb every bit of propaganda manufactured.

As for why this happened, it's a long, complicated story that I don't know the half of, and I've been studying it for years.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

weird_4

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 06:16:09 pm »
Well according to my 9/11 book, it says that there was 6 hijackers cause there were 2 hijackers per plane.

Chrono

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 06:20:15 pm »
OH MY GOD! HE'S BACK!
Sorry, I had to...

And I do think that the Iraqies are the problem of 911, but I also think this whole war is retarded, and should stop...
I'm sorry I don't have alot to say about the war, but I just think war is stupid and there's no point in following it on the news...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 06:32:35 pm »
19 men.
15 Saudis, 1 Egyptian, 2 Emirati, and 1 Lebanese person.

Anyway Chrono, you may think that Iraqis were the problem of 9/11, but you are wrong.  I'm sorry, I have no tolerance for ignorance.  Iraq was run by a dictatorship that had zero tolerance for terrorist organizations.  Afghanistan, on the other hand, was run by the Taliban, which specifically took to harboring the Al Qaeda.  This is entirely understandable, considering the organization that Al Qaeda spawned from was responsible for fighting against and preventing the Soviet Union from "liberating" Afghanistan.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Chrono

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 06:39:18 pm »
19 men.
15 Saudis, 1 Egyptian, 2 Emirati, and 1 Lebanese person.

Anyway Chrono, you may think that Iraqis were the problem of 9/11, but you are wrong.  I'm sorry, I have no tolerance for ignorance.  Iraq was run by a dictatorship that had zero tolerance for terrorist organizations.  Afghanistan, on the other hand, was run by the Taliban, which specifically took to harboring the Al Qaeda.  This is entirely understandable, considering the organization that Al Qaeda spawned from was responsible for fighting against and preventing the Soviet Union from "liberating" Afghanistan.
...It was just a guess. I don't get the news -_-'
But I will believe that it was Al Qaeda. Read about them in my book...

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 06:45:07 pm »
I'll shake the cage a bit here.

I think that it was a gov't coverup at this point.

As for it being anyone's fault, it certainly wasn't Iraq's fault.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 07:08:15 pm »
The war in Iraq and the events of 9/11 are unrelated.

I believe thoroughly the war in Iraq happened for a few reasons:

1) Bush wanted to finish what his father didn't.  The first Bush could have finished the job in Iraq, but instead drew out.

2) Our government was thirsty for oil.  I know this is cliché, but it seems awfully true.  A lot of focus has been placed on oil.

3) Hussein really was a major problem.  He was a tyrant and definitely needed to be taken from power.  He had killed his own people in the past just to test weapons.

I think the WMD search was just an excuse to go in.  The government knew all along that there were no "Weapons of Mass Destruction," but it gave them an excuse to send troops in, which eventually leads to occupation and restructuring of the Iraqi government.

Problem is that this is most likely a lost cause.  As soon as the US pulls out, the government that has been set up will probably be toppled again.  (Besides, we all know how good the US is at setting up governments for other countries *cough*CUBA*cough*)  There is too much opposition to it.  Democratic process doesn't work everywhere.  Some people can't take complete freedom because they're accustomed to being ruled over. 

weird_4

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 09:16:23 pm »
Well we could either blame Bush or we could blame them. You decide... They do that for a reason...

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 09:19:37 pm »
Well we could either blame Bush or we could blame them. You decide... They do that for a reason...
You mean blame Bush for 9/11?  Yeah, I'm sure he scammed that up good.

By "them" do you mean the Iraqis?  Cause that's kinda dumb.

Ooh, I know!  We could always blame Al Qaeda!

weird_4

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 10:32:36 pm »
My guess was that we should blame Al Quidea. I mean, was there a reason he did that to us?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 10:48:51 pm »
My guess was that we should blame Al Quidea. I mean, was there a reason he did that to us?
Al Qaeda is a group of men... not one one man.

weird_4

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 10:41:26 am »
It was? I didn't know that. I don't get what their problem is...Why are they fighting us in the war again? I forgot...