Author Topic: SpongeBob Goofs  (Read 35033 times)

ilovespongebob

Re: SpongeBob Goofs
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 05:01:57 am »
gd point.

ernest310

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 07:16:39 pm »
I agree with Cupid Kirby--if you look closely, you'll find all sorts of errors.  But most you'll miss if you're just enjoying the show.

An arguably bona-fide goof:

In "I'm with Stupid," Patrick's "parents" (Janet and Marty, who aren't really his parents), say "Pats for Patrick," but since Patrick never tells them his name beforehand, how do they know his name is Patrick?

It's conceivable that they did know Patrick--only that they forgot that he wasn't their son (or maybe they saw his name written down somewhere in his rock?)  Then again, when Patrick realizes near the end that they aren't his parents, he says "Who are you people?," in a way that suggests that they are strangers.  But then again (paraphrasing Mermaidman in MMBB6), if there's one thing Patrick remembers, it's how to forget!

I saw that one recently, so I remembered that potential "goof" when I recalled this thread.

A couple more:

Near the end of "Pressure," Mr. Krabs says "Three cheers for feeling sorry for ourselves!" Then he says "hip-hip," and then everyone jumps up and says "hooray."  The second time Mr. Krabs says "hip-hip," you see Squidward's lips moving, but you only hear Mr. Krabs' voice.

In "Club Spongebob," when Squidward is having that hilarious episode with the "magic conch shell," ("Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can't you say anything else but 'no'?" "Try asking again." "Can I have something to eat?")
Then, the shell says "No," but in a different voice.  In that quick scene, Squidward's hands are colored yellow.

In "The Camping Episode," Spongebob asks Squidward "Didn't you bring it [a can opener] when you hiked out here?" Squidward replies, "Why would I bother? We're ten feet from my house."  Actually, that's not true--10 inches is probably the case.

The wikipedia articles on the episodes list some of these and many other goofs.

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 10:53:36 am »
It always bugged me that Squidward could cook Krabby Patties in some episodes, but couldnt in others. Also, why is SpongeBob so weak in "MuscleBob BuffPants" that he couldnt even lift a glass of juice, but he is average strength in other episodes. Oh, and in "Sandy's Rocket" when they open the door, it falls on SpongeBobs head and makes a hole. If the went into space with a hole in the rocket, then all the air would get out. Also, it might fall.

Cupid_Kirby

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 09:38:42 am »
It always bugged me that Squidward could cook Krabby Patties in some episodes, but couldnt in others.

Oh yea,that's true.Example is in the episode the employe of the month Squidward could make krabby patties when he was competing with spongebob.Usually you only notice theese errors if it is either your 3rd or above time watching the episode or if you don't actually like the show.(Like my older sister,she hates watching spongebob so she keeps continuously talking throughout the whole episode and asking questions when something doesn't make sense) My older sister askes at least 20 questions in just one episode.What she doesn't understand is that It's a cartoon,It doesn't have to make sense...probably because she's not use to watching cartoons,she's more use to watching thoose Chinese Soap Oras with no other color besides black,white and gray.

If you like a show that has adventure and plot all throughout the whole episode time,the viewer cannot talk because if you talk,then you might miss something.You can talk a lot in thoose others shows because they have a lot of momentswhere nothing ever happends....sorry for going off topic,I'm back on now...

In the episode 'Wet Painters' Patrick does have a nose(a hole XD that was hilarious) but in the episode 'Something Smells' the smell was about to go into his nose but he didn't have a nose.

In the episode 'Your Shoes Untied' and 'My Pitty Seahorse' the grill was on the other side of the room but in other episodes,the grill was right behind Squidward.

In the episode 'Your Shoes Untied' again,spongebob hide his shoes under the floor boards but in the next scene,the floor boards were fixed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:48:07 am by Cupid_Kirby »

Cupid_Kirby

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:10 am »
I type in more if I think of anymore
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:48:46 am by Cupid_Kirby »

Wormy Lives#33;

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 12:40:07 pm »
In "Pizza Delivery," after getting ran over by the driving boulder, Squidward was purple with green eyes for a second.

bub1028

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 02:56:45 pm »
In "Club Spongebob," when Squidward is having that hilarious episode with the "magic conch shell," ("Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can I have something to eat?" "No." "Can't you say anything else but 'no'?" "Try asking again." "Can I have something to eat?")
Then, the shell says "No," but in a different voice.  In that quick scene, Squidward's hands are colored yellow.
If you're talking about the conch's voice being different as a part of that, then that wasn't a mistake.  The conch shell was just saying it in a bossy way, because Squid was asking too many things, and it wanted to speak like it had authority, and in a mocking tone.  It put emphasis on the last part of "No", it so the voice raised more, but it was the same voice.

Chrono

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 03:01:09 pm »
If you're talking about the conch's voice being different as a part of that, then that wasn't a mistake.  The conch shell was just saying it in a bossy way, because Squid was asking too many things, and it wanted to speak like it had authority, and in a mocking tone.  It put emphasis on the last part of "No", it so the voice raised more, but it was the same voice.
Yeah. He knows. I think everyone knows. He was stating how Squidwards hands were yellow for a quick second. You should read everything in the post, you know.

bub1028

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 03:04:08 pm »
Yeah. He knows. I think everyone knows. He was stating how Squidwards hands were yellow for a quick second. You should read everything in the post, you know.
Why thank you.  That's why I put this part:
If you're talking about the conch's voice being different as a part of that,
Because I wasn't sure if they were talking about both being errors.  "Being a part of that" usually refers to there being multiple parts.

ernest310

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 12:46:57 pm »
Yeah, I was just referring to the Squidward's hands being yellow deal.  I can see how someone might read that as being 2 errors (the "No" in a different voice as well as the yellow hands.)  But it's the fact that the conch says "No" differently the last time which is precisely what makes that whole exchange so "hilarious," as I put it in my earlier post.  :lol:

Anyway, most of the errors, we see, are just errors of negligence.  To give another example, in "Wishing You Well," when Squidward sees Spongebob and Patrick down in the well, he laughs at them.  As his shoulders heave up and down, they're the color of his skin, but they should be brown, the color of his shirt.

I'm not sure some of what we've discussed here are actually "goofs."  I think the writers and storyboard artists are well aware that, for example, the grill at the Krusty Krab changes locations from episode to episode, considering that they spend nearly 3 months making each episode (according to the commentary on one of the Complete Season Episode DVDs.)  To give another example of this kind, the interior of Squidward's house is different in various episodes.  Sometimes his windows (the "eyes" in the Easter Island Head) lead directly to his bathroom ("Have You Seen This Snail?,"), but sometimes to his main room ("Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost.")  I think the writers and artists do this for reasons of convenience: it doesn't really matter if the interior of his house is changing as regards the plot of each episode.

Real "goofs" are those of the kind Cupid Kirby pointed out: "In the episode 'Help Wanted',how did spongebob know how to make Krabby Patties before he was actually taught how to?"  This is true: With all the attempts Plankton makes to steal the secret formula, how would Spongebob just waltz on in and already know how to make a Krabby Patty?

This leads to the question of what is and is not a "goof" in a show like this.

bub1028

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 02:12:04 pm »
Yeah, I remember one episode (can't remember the name) where Squid walked outside in his PJs, but in one scene, he automatically is wearing his usual brown shirt.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 02:57:15 pm »
MMBB5

When Sandy (Miss Appear) becomes invisible when they are introducing them to EVIL, where are her footsteps? Clearly, when she goes invisible to sneak over, you can see her footsteps but not when she first shows up.

shredwizard

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2006, 10:42:38 pm »
^I've always kinda wondered about that one actually

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 10:53:42 pm »
rock-A-Bye Bivalve

When Patrick raises his arm saying "Just call me daddy!", his mouth is altered to skip over a few frames...

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
  • Ealcon Return To Flight NASA
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 02:08:51 pm »
some times spongebob says his best friend is patrick, and sometimes he says it's squidward.
Also, in one episode, where the man who comes in the krusty krab says he wants change for the payphone, Spongebob does waiter service, but in the episode where squidward impresses squilliam with 'his fancy restaurant', spongebob doesn't know what waiter service is. :unsure:
"Do you mock me?"