Author Topic: Missing You  (Read 7528 times)

Band8PGeek

Missing You
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:25:52 am »
All right, my first fan-fic really wasn't coming off the ground. I was planning to continue it, but then I decided it was just too lame. Admins, close and delete "My First FanFic", pwweeeeease!
Anyway, after this I've had practice. Now I feel confident that I can start publishing a fic here without fear of flaming. I got this idea from another SpongeBob forum, and I'm sure you'll appreciate it once this one eventually gets off the ground.
And no, this time, this one doesn't have colours. ^_^ But I warn you, it gets more forlorn as it goes on. Yes, this one will be continued... I hope. :|
So, without further ado...
I give you...

Missing You
by Band8PGeek

Pour. Sip. Gulp. Hic.
Pour. Sip. Gulp.
Pour. Sip. Gulp. Hic.

Would this monotonous routine never come to an end? How long had he been doing it for? 10 minutes? 10 hours? 10 days? Who knew?
He didn’t. He didn’t know much anymore. Mind, this was only because he couldn’t see through or beyond the drunken haze floating in front of him. But perhaps this was a good thing, especially if the state of his “house” was anything to go by.
Pour. Sip. Gulp. Hic.
Squidward sighed. Was this his fate, sitting on the couch in a drink-stained mauve bathrobe, confined to the bottle? Staring blankly into empty space, awaiting the laughs that would never come? Externally torn, internally broken?
Hic.
Was he destined to sit like this forever, a drunken mess? Nose crinkled from all the tears shed earlier, eyes that looked like they’d been run over by a lorry with 10-tonne wheels, raw brown stubble ever growing around biscuit-and-drink covered mouth?
Hic.
How had his life come to this? He’d been doing great so far; he’d had a home, he’d had a job, he’d been happy. Not happy enough to be able to tolerate all the bad luck tossed at him, but happy just the same.
What had happened to wreck it all? 
Hic.
SpongeBob and Patrick had happened.
Pour. Hic.
But this time, they hadn’t blown up the Krusty Krab for the third successive time. They hadn’t completely modified his house to make it look like he was even remotely interested.
No, they’d done something much worse than that.
Hic.
They’d left Bikini Bottom.
And it was all his fault…
Sip. Gulp. Hic.
Pour. Sip. Gulp. Hic.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 07:01:35 am by Band8PGeek »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Missing You
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:23:16 am »
Pretty good.

Interested in part 2 :)

Rabble

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:46:29 pm »
(y) Interesting proluge.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 06:39:35 pm »
Sounds like it could lead into a pretty good story.

bub1028

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 12:36:11 pm »
It looks neat.  I want to read part 2.  It sounds good.

Band8PGeek

Re: Missing You (not a chapter)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 07:02:02 am »
Do you guys mind if I publish this fic on fanfiction.net as well?

bub1028

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 10:05:10 am »
Yes.  I absolutely forbid that.

:)

Psyche.  Go ahead.

Pipo Monkey 36

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 05:19:54 pm »
Why would Squidward miss SB & P? I don't get why.

bub1028

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 02:41:50 pm »
Have you seen every SpongeBob episode?  Because if you have, then you would know that despite the way Squidward treats them, he really loves them.  Look at SB-129.  He missed SB, he wanted to go home.  etc.  Squid really likes Sponge & Pat deep down, and he knows it.

Pipo Monkey 36

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 03:02:29 pm »
Have you seen every SpongeBob episode?  Because if you have, then you would know that despite the way Squidward treats them, he really loves them.  Look at SB-129.  He missed SB, he wanted to go home.  etc.  Squid really likes Sponge & Pat deep down, and he knows it.
Yes, but there are more episodes with Squidward hating Spongbob than liking him.

bub1028

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 06:34:37 am »
Yes, but there are more episodes with Squidward hating Spongebob than liking him.
Squidward doesn't hate SpongeBob.  He is often annoyed, yes, but he doesn't hate him.  This fanfic shows that without SB, Squidward is sad, and forced to live the rest of his life in misery.  As do many episodes, such as SB-129, Fools In April, Funny Pants... how could Spongebob have donated an organ to Squidward and Squidward "hate" him?

Band8PGeek

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 06:46:52 am »
This fanfic shows that without SB, Squidward is sad, and forced to live the rest of his life in misery. 
Steady on... :O

Will edit this post with the next part of Missing You when it comes around. But don't get yer hopes up; I've hit writer's block and I've hit it hard. :(