Poll

Would you have your organic body (cept the brain, mostly) replaced with a superior physical one?

Yes
No
DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!

Author Topic: Would You Undergo Cyberization?  (Read 13224 times)

carterhawk

Would You Undergo Cyberization?
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:25:33 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoko_Kusanagi

Would you undergo a process that resulted in you being as physicaly enhanced as the Major? I would, in a heartbeat. With the ability to make repairs to a body that is 100% understood, death is conquered. Just imagine, immortality.....

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Would You Undergo Cyberization?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 08:32:23 pm »
Yea, just imagine a world that is way to over populated, where nothing but evil and torcher and killing exist, where people steal and hurt other people. You would never die. Who would want to live forever? I know I wouldn't. It would be completely pointless to do that. Very expensive as well. When gas is 100 bucks a gallon you still want to be alive? I think not. I am waiting for the day when I die to go to heaven. Much better than life on Earth. You live forever in heaven and its a better life than here.

So no, I would not want to ever live forever.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 07:15:41 am »
I would....if I could be in a special ops unit like her :D

but if I wasn't doing something meaningful like that, then no, for the reasons that Punk listed...

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:09:32 am »
I don't want to live forever.  This world pretty much sucks as is and it's only getting worse.

spongey snail

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 08:23:10 am »
Yeah,no one should be able to live forever.

spongebobnet

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 08:37:15 am »
People get tired of just living so i put no.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 01:23:37 pm »
Yeah,no one should be able to live forever.

Thats why you join a special ops group, so that there's always the chance of getting blown to heck.

bub1028

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 01:27:28 pm »
No, I don't want to live forever.  Same reason as DiE HaRrD PuNk's pretty much.

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 05:29:10 pm »
I said no.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 01:40:54 pm »
No I wouldn't want to. Besides you wouldn't live forever, your brain would turn to mush, due to aging. I wouldn't want to live forever, and be really senile.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 07:55:22 pm »
Why wouldn't you do it though if you were put into life and death situations daily where your body could be destroyed at any moment (like my proposition of being a terrorist hunter/special ops unit)? I see potential in making yourself last another couple or so years as long as it's for a noble cause.

Ex. Would you want an old AIDS researcher who is near a breakthrough to die off? Maybe if he's been cyberized, he'll be able to come to the answer faster. And he'll be given a bit of extra time to save a larger mass of the population.

I think that if it was ever implemented that it should be carefully monitored for abuse and whatnot, and then they'd call in cyber-soldier VulturEMaN to knock off all the bad ones :D

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
Yes but he could eave the almost answer for AIDS for someone else to work on. People die when they are supposed to, when its their time. A cure for  AIDS would just keep more millions of people who aren't dieing alive and we would be more overpopulated than we are now. Not saying that its fair, but its the truth
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 03:19:24 pm »
Yes but he could eave the almost answer for AIDS for someone else to work on. People die when they are supposed to, when its their time. A cure for  AIDS would just keep more millions of people who aren't dieing alive and we would be more overpopulated than we are now. Not saying that its fair, but its the truth

You're looking at it the wrong way. Sure...if we knock off AIDS, we'll have a short boom in the population...

But then another disease will come out due to the increased population. It'll have a higher probablility of being created and will be able to spread easier.

carterhawk

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 09:04:26 pm »

You're looking at it the wrong way. Sure...if we knock off AIDS, we'll have a short boom in the population...

But then another disease will come out due to the increased population. It'll have a higher probablility of being created and will be able to spread easier.

Aye to that. Remember that a cyberized person wouldnt need "food" like we do, just special robot food. plus if you build a cyber body that is hardened against space, you could start working on colonizing the moon, or have cyber workers who could work in all kinds of hazardous environment.

Patback399

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 10:26:26 am »

So you'd rather millions of people die than have an over-populated world?

That's selfish.