Poll

Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?

Yes
No
Other (requires an explination)

Author Topic: Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?  (Read 47125 times)

Chrono

Re: Are Video Games A Bad Influence On Kids?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 07:31:14 pm »
No. Parents just don't care. And making a section like that is just spending more money on some sort of renovations for the store. If the clerks sell it to the parents, it's their fault, nobody elses, and they should be fired. And the parents fail at life for buying their 7 year old GTA...

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »
No. Parents just don't care. And making a section like that is just spending more money on some sort of renovations for the store. If the clerks sell it to the parents, it's their fault, nobody elses, and they should be fired. And the parents fail at life for buying their 7 year old GTA...

Kinda what I wanna say.
But yea i totally agree with you on that.

meaning the clerks should be fired

but the adults should know better
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 07:37:12 pm by DiE HaRrD PuNk »
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 07:34:39 pm »
I never said it was their fault. I just think it should be listed in a seperate section of the store for gaming. for instance an "adult game section adults only" section where only adults can go in and get the game. Maybe then the parents will realize "wow this might be something not very good for my child to play"
M means Mature, and NOT adult. AO means adult, that's why its called...ADULTS ONLY....

Since when is Halo 2 a f*cki*g game only people byond 18 should play? There is violence and blood, but guess what? There is violence and blood on TV every day. And kids seem to watch more TV than play video games.

And Brad is dead on with that last post in entirty. Agreeing with that post he made Rachel, is completely contradicting the entire point you made in this thread. Meaning, the Debate Den has a new record for first officially won debate, unless someone else wants to take up your point.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 07:36:14 pm »
Well i said most of it i agree with. Not ALL

get it straight son.

But still i think buying the video games should be taken more seriously and not as easily able to buy.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 07:43:31 pm »
Well i said most of it i agree with. Not ALL

get it straight son.

But still i think buying the video games should be taken more seriously and not as easily able to buy.
Again, I will restate my claim that the problem falls with parents who are not the gaming companies, nor the store.
The problem lies with parents who do not judge there kids maturity, and just let their kids play anything, and moronic clerks who can't take five seconds to state the game contents.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 08:42:48 am »
I initiate the "Gamer Protection Act".

Have a test that needs to be taken and have a psychiatrist visit if wanting to play M games under the age of 16.
If a violent act is recorded by the school, then they can have privledges revoked for buying games, or playing games if the ID is connected to their Xbox Live/Wii Portal/PS3 Home/Steam menu/etc.

Solution to the big problem....

Problem: Parents buying M rated games for the kids.
Solution: Parents go in and give the retailers the name of the kid that they want to buy for. System scans for the name, and it comes up with the kid's info. Retailer either denies purchases or allows them.

It seems somewhat full-proof because the parents are no longer involved with any sort of decision.

MS could EASILY get away with a small update that requires this info, allowing 1 month for gamers to play without the card until they can go get one.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:46:48 am by VulturEMaN »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 09:45:22 am »
All the parents have to do is say it's for them...

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 01:36:06 pm »
...and scanning the parent's card would show that they don't own that system.

And if they do, and they want to buy GTA:Vice City for themselves, and they let their kids play THEIR game, and their kids go on a shooting spree, then the parents would be held accountable, not game designers.

Basically, to buy anything game related, you would need this card, no matter the age.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 01:49:15 pm »

And if they do, and they want to buy GTA:Vice City for themselves, and they let their kids play THEIR game, and their kids go on a shooting spree, then the parents would be held accountable, not game designers.

Basically, to buy anything game related, you would need this card, no matter the age.

Very smart
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 02:41:04 pm »

Unless the parent bought the system...

spongebobnet

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 02:46:43 pm »
Not all rich people are snobs, you know.

Bill Gates certainly isn't.
Yeah.He helps the poor.Those he still do that?I don't know much about that guy.

spongebobnet

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 02:50:06 pm »
my brother buys the bad games so i can easily play dose at home.But of course i don't to because they're boring.

Chrono

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 03:10:10 pm »
Not all rich people are snobs, you know.

Bill Gates certainly isn't.
Yeah.He helps the poor.Does he still do that?I don't know much about that guy.
If you say "yeah", and then go "oh wait, what?", don't bother posting it. And use proper grammer...
2nd thing, don't double post...especially when the message has hardly anything to do with the current conversation.
3rd thing to everybody: I think that the clerks just don't care, as long as they get a sale. Maybe they get paid by comission(sp?). They probably just wanna make money and don't tell the parents that the game is bad...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:11:54 pm by Chrono »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 03:57:05 pm »

If the parents bought the system, it would go on the parent's card. Therefore, if the parents let the kid use their system, they're legally out of luck. It would also not allow kids to buy their own games rated M until after 16 (cause they don't own a system). The system would become a "guest system" on their card at 16. Games would also be available for pickup by parents 2 days before his 16th birthday for gift wrapping.

If the parents tried to buy the game for an underage kid with the system, they wouldn't be told no at the register.

The only problem is that the gov't would have to fund this and send card making machines to every video game retailer.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:52 pm »

If the parents bought the system, it would go on the parent's card. Therefore, if the parents let the kid use their system, they're legally out of luck. It would also not allow kids to buy their own games rated M until after 16 (cause they don't own a system). The system would become a "guest system" on their card at 16. Games would also be available for pickup by parents 2 days before his 16th birthday for gift wrapping.

If the parents tried to buy the game for an underage kid with the system, they wouldn't be told no at the register.

The only problem is that the gov't would have to fund this and send card making machines to every video game retailer.

Omg i just had deja vuu...

and yea theres that point too
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002