Author Topic: Google buying YouTube...best idea since waffles or just a lawsuit time-bomb?  (Read 8193 times)

Alak

Ok, as you probably knew Google bought Yotube for an amazing $1.65bn (£883m) in shares. What I want to know is whether you think that this investment will be a big benefit to Google or it will royally screw google. The only way that Google can actually make money from YouTube is by using its advertising to generate sales, but that is not always easy and will make Google very dependant on the marketing schemes that they have used. The reason why I feel that Googles' decision to buy Youtube is a bad one is that YouTube has published a lot of copyrighted material that they do not own as of yet. Although they have signed some recent deals with some big company's (forgotten names, will post when known) there still is a massive amout of copyrighted material in there and unless Google can find a way to sort this problem out while maintaining a steady source of income from YouTube it will struggle, especially with rumours of Microsoft trying to launch their own YouTube type website.

Chrono

Ugh, this is a bad idea. Google just wanted them cause Google Videos failed misserably. But now, Google will get talked about more, because they're always talking about YouTube on TV...

spongebobnet

google doesen't even have videos.Just crappy ones.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Google does have videos, they just suck.

Bad idea google, bad.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

spongebobnet

thats what i meant

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile

Elizabeth Rose

So that's why all the Fullmetal Alchemist episodes are gone... Google will have a crackdown on copyright infringement. :angry:

spongey snail

umm..idk on this one.Google is constenly making money so if this screws up it should be okay.but to me it seems like all this is gonna do is make gogle more famous.

Alak

I've noticed that too, a lot of the videos I was hoping to watch have disappeared ):

Today in the newspaper, there was growing concern that people are posting random attacks and stuff. Like happy-slapping, attacks on random people and just weird violence. So, once again, more publicity for YouTube.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
So that's why all the Fullmetal Alchemist episodes are gone... Google will have a crackdown on copyright infringement. :angry:

Actually, a bunch of japanese broadcasters cracked down on them in the past week and had over 30000 movies removed.

But, happily, GetBackers is still there  :ph34r:

Sb129

Let's see everyone's gonna start coming after Google soon.
I would too, if one of the top-money making things has my stuff on it w/o permission.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
I doubt they'll even get their money's worth through ads.

Alak

But that's the thing, THEY ARE o:

if you wait for Googles' quartly report you'll see that YouTube has increased their sales revenue by a lot.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
it's supposedly sent their profits 2+ billion more than yahoo...

aligirl

Google's gunna get screwed. Alot.