Poll

Do you Trick or Treat?

Yes - Christian
No - Christian
Yes - Other
No - Other

Author Topic: Christians and ToTing?  (Read 18415 times)

carterhawk

Christians and ToTing?
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:00:25 pm »
So some relatives of mine have decided to forgoe all halloween related activities in favor of, rather than in addition to, a church run harvest festival. It boggles the mind that anyone actualy think Halloween and All Hallows Eve have anything besides a date in common at this point. Much like thanksgiving and valentines day, american megacorps have mutated these once significant religous holidays into celebrations of capitalism. So i ask, where is the harm in dressing up in a costume and getting some candy?

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Christians and ToTing?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:23 pm »
So some relatives of mine have decided to forgoe all halloween related activities in favor of, rather than in addition to, a church run harvest festival. It boggles the mind that anyone actualy think Halloween and All Hallows Eve have anything besides a date in common at this point. Much like thanksgiving and valentines day, american megacorps have mutated these once significant religous holidays into celebrations of capitalism. So i ask, where is the harm in dressing up in a costume and getting some candy?

And holy shiz I agree with him again!

Geeze laweeze!!!

Something must be wrong with me, or him! lol
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

spongebobnet

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:27:06 pm »
I trick or treat just for fun.And for getting cool costumes :D

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:33:16 pm »
I was never allowed to go trick or treating as a kid.  I do see why; there are a lot of bad things associated with All Hallows Eve, and Satanists DO participate in much illegal activity on Halloween, such as the sacrificing of human beings.  That said, I remain fascinated with this time of the year because it's when the veil between our physical world and the spirit world it at it's thinnest.  Then again, I like playing with fire too.  Still, I love this time of the year.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 07:40:08 pm »
I'm going for the candy. It's fine for me as long as I'm not doing any cult-related stuff.

carterhawk

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 10:19:20 pm »
I'm going for the candy. It's fine for me as long as I'm not doing any cult-related stuff.

No one does that except a small minority of the worlds nutjobs, and teenagers who didnt have good parents.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 12:10:04 am »
No,k I do not trick-or-treat...instead I just dress up and go eat a nice meal at the local resteraunt before watching a movie.
It's safer.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

carterhawk

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:12:42 am »
No,k I do not trick-or-treat...instead I just dress up and go eat a nice meal at the local resteraunt before watching a movie.
It's safer.

ToTing isnt dangerous, you are more likely to die in car accident than from bad candy.

=======THIS IS A SEPERATION BETWEEN SEPERATE, UNRELATED COMMENTS=======
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20061030/ts_csm/atrickortract
I wish christians would learn to respect the beliefs of others and not try and foist their superstitions on non-christians. Go worship your god, practice your faith, etc, but keep me out of it please.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:02:12 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:54:02 am »
It's safer.

ToTing isnt dangerous, you are more likely to die in car accident than from bad candy.

==========================
I wish christians would learn to respect the beliefs of others and not try and foist their superstitions on non-christians. Go worship your god, practice your faith, etc, but keep me out of it please.

*sigh* must you always add religion into everything?

Maybe she doesn't put religion into Halloween, maybe its just her personal preference. And Christians do not try to shove "religion down your throat".

That would be a Catholic, which just so happens MSP is..
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 11:15:46 am »
I don't trick or treat anymore, but I do give out candy. It's safe, unlike some crap I've heard.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

spongebobnet

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
It's safer.

*sigh* must you always add religion into everything?

Maybe she doesn't put religion into Halloween, maybe its just her personal preference. And Christians do not try to shove "religion down your throat".

That would be a Catholic, which just so happens MSP is..

It's true.Catholics hipnotizes minds :p.Well it's because today I saw something about arts and craft with Cathlics

Patback399

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 12:58:21 pm »
I am a Catholic, so shut your mouths. Unlike alot of Catholics, I keep my politics away from my religion.

Halloween has lost its signifigance as the demonic day it once was. So, trick-or-treating is OK.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 12:59:58 pm »
It's safer.

For your information, I am NOT christian. And by saying that it is an insult to MY religion. Which is Final Fantasy and Anime based mixed with Buddism, it has no real name and can have any 'god' you wish.

But that has no reason as to WHY I do not like All-Hallows-Eve....I said it is dangerous out of experience down MY NEIGHBOURHOOD.
3 kids got MUGGED last year, the year before someone trick-or-treating got hit by a car....and just today someone got arrested for beating up a young kid who was trick-or-treating with his friends.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

spongebobnet

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 01:26:52 pm »
I am a Catholic, so shut your mouths. Unlike alot of Catholics, I keep my politics away from my religion.

Halloween has lost its signifigance as the demonic day it once was. So, trick-or-treating is OK.
Some do catholics.I'm not saying all of them.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:35:12 pm »
I was never allowed to go... Our neighborhood was BAD for that. There were things that happened there...