Poll

Do you Trick or Treat?

Yes - Christian
No - Christian
Yes - Other
No - Other

Author Topic: Christians and ToTing?  (Read 18427 times)

carterhawk

Re: Christians and ToTing?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 04:57:11 pm »
No,k I do not trick-or-treat...instead I just dress up and go eat a nice meal at the local resteraunt before watching a movie.
It's safer.

ToTing isnt dangerous, you are more likely to die in car accident than from bad candy.

==========================
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20061030/ts_csm/atrickortract
I wish christians would learn to respect the beliefs of others and not try and foist their superstitions on non-christians. Go worship your god, practice your faith, etc, but keep me out of it please.

For your information, I am NOT christian. And by saying that it is an insult to MY religion. Which is Final Fantasy and Anime based mixed with Buddism, it has no real name and can have any 'god' you wish.

But that has no reason as to WHY I do not like All-Hallows-Eve....I said it is dangerous out of experience down MY NEIGHBOURHOOD.
3 kids got MUGGED last year, the year before someone trick-or-treating got hit by a car....and just today someone got arrested for beating up a young kid who was trick-or-treating with his friends.

=======================
Those consecutive = are a seperator, instead of double posting i put two comments in one post, jeeze DHP, dont be so dense.
as for being dangerous, in the last 2 years you list 5 people out of how many thousands in a X mile radius of you getting hurt, those are pretty good odds. it is more likely that your parents will get a divorce than you will get mugged trick or treating.
=======THIS IS A SEPERATION BETWEEN SEPERATE, UNRELATED COMMENTS=======
this just got stuck up on /. and i have to say, this fellow says everything I think only better:
Of course, in the last few years "well meaning" (and by "well meaning" I mean meddling wieners too cowardly to take on real problems in their communities) began to express concern over Halloween activities (and by "concern" I mean belly-aching about harmless fun because they are meddling wieners too cowardly to take on real problems in their communities). School districts have banned Halloween celebrations because it "glorifies the devil" according to some Conservative Christians, or because it is "haram (forbidden)" by Muslims for, well, the same reason as the Conservative Christians. A school district in Washington State has even banned Halloween on the off chance it will offend witches. Really.19 Since we are on the subject of offense, I personally am offended by people who are offended by every freaking harmless thing under the guise of religion and browbeat gutless functionaries into ruining it for the rest of us.

Pretty snarky, but fun to read
http://www.omninerd.com/2006/10/30/articles/62
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:03:33 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 05:24:40 pm »
No,k I do not trick-or-treat...instead I just dress up and go eat a nice meal at the local resteraunt before watching a movie.
It's safer.

ToTing isnt dangerous, you are more likely to die in car accident than from bad candy.

==========================
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20061030/ts_csm/atrickortract
I wish christians would learn to respect the beliefs of others and not try and foist their superstitions on non-christians. Go worship your god, practice your faith, etc, but keep me out of it please.

For your information, I am NOT christian. And by saying that it is an insult to MY religion. Which is Final Fantasy and Anime based mixed with Buddism, it has no real name and can have any 'god' you wish.

But that has no reason as to WHY I do not like All-Hallows-Eve....I said it is dangerous out of experience down MY NEIGHBOURHOOD.
3 kids got MUGGED last year, the year before someone trick-or-treating got hit by a car....and just today someone got arrested for beating up a young kid who was trick-or-treating with his friends.

=======================
Those consecutive = are a seperator, instead of double posting i put two comments in one post, jeeze DHP, dont be so dense.
as for being dangerous, in the last 2 years you list 5 people out of how many thousands in a X mile radius of you getting hurt, those are pretty good odds. it is more likely that your parents will get a divorce than you will get mugged trick or treating.
=======THIS IS A SEPERATION BETWEEN SEPERATE, UNRELATED COMMENTS=======
this just got stuck up on /. and i have to say, this fellow says everything I think only better:
Of course, in the last few years "well meaning" (and by "well meaning" I mean meddling wieners too cowardly to take on real problems in their communities) began to express concern over Halloween activities (and by "concern" I mean belly-aching about harmless fun because they are meddling wieners too cowardly to take on real problems in their communities). School districts have banned Halloween celebrations because it "glorifies the devil" according to some Conservative Christians, or because it is "haram (forbidden)" by Muslims for, well, the same reason as the Conservative Christians. A school district in Washington State has even banned Halloween on the off chance it will offend witches. Really.19 Since we are on the subject of offense, I personally am offended by people who are offended by every freaking harmless thing under the guise of religion and browbeat gutless functionaries into ruining it for the rest of us.

Pretty snarky, but fun to read
http://www.omninerd.com/2006/10/30/articles/62

I highly doubt that. I know alot of kids who get mugged and whatnot on Halloween
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

carterhawk

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 06:00:57 pm »
Well thats not what you said, and what you said was all i had to go on.
I live in a bedroom community full of well lit tracts and wide open streets, mugging like your talking about just doesnt happen.

(this is real mugging and not just older kids stealing from younger ones, right?)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 06:34:10 pm »
Well thats not what you said, and what you said was all i had to go on.
I live in a bedroom community full of well lit tracts and wide open streets, mugging like your talking about just doesnt happen.

(this is real mugging and not just older kids stealing from younger ones, right?)

Not anything agaisnt you, but not everywhere is well lit or anything. So you cant say that the divorce situatuion is mopre likely then getting mugged.

And yes, so many people go to movies, malls, whatnot to hang out on halloween. alot of people get mugged.

There was a shootout behind our house today, man was running from cops, and the elementary school went on lockdown.

and our neighborhood is a really really good neighborhood with almost zero percent crime and stuff, so it was a real shock. The guy shot someone in the leg.

Anywho, next time just consider the rest of the things before making a statement like that is all im saying.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 07:52:50 pm »
Yall live in bad parts then. Come live in PA and trick or treat up here! :D

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:05 am »

Stay the hell away from the UK...it's not just nottigham that has thugs on the streets.
London is FAR worse.

The All Seeing Eye, once again you are making a false claim that I stand a better chance of having my parents divorce than be mugged.
First of all, you know NOTHING about where I live. This city is horrible for crime, it's one of the worst places in the country and going out in the dark adds to the certainty of being mugged/robbed.
Second, I agree with DiE HaRrD PuNk.
Thirdly, in my religion, anyone who goes out trick or treating must not go alone and must be with an adult. And anyone OVER 12 must not go trick or treating at all as it makes them a child which they are not.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

spongebobnet

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 05:02:58 pm »
I'm 12 but I did not want to go trick or treating.My parents forced me.Why?Because I didn't feel like it.

carterhawk

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 05:51:48 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:24:36 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 11:17:58 am »

Stay the hell away from the UK...it's not just nottigham that has thugs on the streets.
London is FAR worse.

The All Seeing Eye, once again you are making a false claim that I stand a better chance of having my parents divorce than be mugged.
First of all, you know NOTHING about where I live. This city is horrible for crime, it's one of the worst places in the country and going out in the dark adds to the certainty of being mugged/robbed.
Thirdly, in my religion, anyone who goes out trick or treating must not go alone and must be with an adult. And anyone OVER 12 must not go trick or treating at all as it makes them a child which they are not.

the divorce rate is greater thant 50% in america right now. there are few things that have a 1 in 2 changs of happening, and mugging isnt one of them.

Your statistics are NOTHING to me. Since I do not live in the USA.
End of story.
Mugging and being robbed is at it's highest here, more so than it has been for many years.
Our crime rate is increasing.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

carterhawk

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 02:27:00 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:24:15 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:28:54 pm »
I never went for a good reason. Drunken baffoons everywhere... Never go toting in Ardmore Alabama.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 06:15:29 pm »

London is FAR worse.

the divorce rate is greater thant 50% in america right now. there are few things that have a 1 in 2 changs of happening, and mugging isnt one of them.

Your statistics are NOTHING to me. Since I do not live in the USA.
End of story.
Mugging and being robbed is at it's highest here, more so than it has been for many years.
Our crime rate is increasing.

Well its a good thing ToTing is an American tradition.
Wow, are you that stupid? And that isn't flaming, I can call you stupid when your being it. The UK DOES have ToTing. Do some research. Costumes, candy, etc, all done in the UK just like America. ToTing is done in a lot of countries.

carterhawk

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 07:58:57 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:24:06 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 08:02:17 pm »
Yes, it did start in the us.

But anyone that calls it ToTing is a doo doo head XD

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 08:17:39 pm »
Tradition is not limited to one place, you know. I didn't deny it started in the US. I know it started here.

St. Nicholas and opening gifts on Christmas did not originate in America but it is an American Tradition to Americans.