0 (0%)
Jay-Z
4 (80%)
P. Diddy
0 (0%)
Jim Jones
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Whose the best Rapper?  (Read 16885 times)

spongebob4lyfe

Whose the best Rapper?
« on: November 10, 2006, 11:01:06 am »
I think Lil wayne and Jay-Z is the best rapper

oscar_the_grouch

Re: Whose the best Rapper?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 12:09:18 pm »
It's totally Jeffree Star.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 12:51:47 pm »
None of the above.

It's currently a tie between Afroman and Pitbull. "El Mariel" is a great Pitbull album, and Afroman's new album, "A Colt 45 Christmas" is just hilarious.

chris

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 12:58:29 pm »
it has to be jay - z hes the best  :ph34r:

Chrono

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 01:40:53 pm »
Kanye West...

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:37:11 pm »
How 'bout dat icy Gucci Mane???????

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 07:45:07 am »
Kanye West...

I forgot bout him. Kanye is darn good too...

<- downloadin:

Jay Z - Kingdom Come
and
Snoop Dawg - The Blue Carpet Treatment

right now :D

I love getting CDs before they're released to the public...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:03:50 am by VulturEMaN »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 08:26:09 am »
Rap music sucks. lol.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 02:15:26 pm »
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

spongebobnet

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:31 pm »
I hate it too and mostly the lyrics.

Biggie

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:31:45 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have 2 things to say.  Actually, 3 now that I see Sarah's post.

1.  I'm tired of hearing all of this about Lil Wayne being the best rapper (alive).  This is a bold claim that he repeatedly makes, but it is completely unheard of.  There are plenty more that top him, and all of the ones (other than Jay-Z) aren't on here.  First off, his lyrics aren't developed as well as many other artists.  This is mainly apparent on Tha Carter II, where he uses most of his rhymes as sounding out one word to make it sound like the previous line.  A rapper, in my opinion, is "allowed" to do this a few times, but not as much as he does in the album.  Also, his flow is exceptional and tops MANY rappers in the industry (that are alive), although there are many better that I can think of.  Jay-Z, Dr. Dre (although he has lost his major talent shown in The Chronic in '92, he's still got it), Ice Cube (same as Dre, only he started to slip after his album Lethal Injection), Chamillionaire (his mixtapes top the major-record debut The Sound of Revenge), Lil Flip, Eminem (although I do enjoy the "younger" or "earlier" version of his career much more than the latter), many of the deceased rappers (2Pac, B.I.G., Eazy-E, Ol' Dirty dolphin noise, and many others), Method Man, Redman, Ludacris (:ph34r:), E-40, T.I. (I don't like him too much, but yeah), 50 Cent (only his first CD - don't ***** at me for saying this), Nas, Mase, EVERYONE from The Roots, Slim Thug (nobody's really heard about him, but he's up past Mr. Carter), Kanye, the Clipse (HELL YEAH), UGK (Pimp-C and Bun-B), and even another from Cash Money Records: Juvenile.  There are many others, but I always have a hard time picking and choosing so many things that I know, mainly specific ones and preferences and such (like if you were to ask me who my favorite artists were).  You should probably hear some of these guys sometime, then compare them to Lil Wayne.

2.  You'd obviously have to make an endless poll in order to capture the "best rapper alive" title.  That obviously isn't possible, though. :P

3.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and Rae, you told me you were starting to get used to rap!  Do I have to play that 50 Cent screaming recording again?!?!

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 02:37:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have 2 things to say.  Actually, 3 now that I see Sarah's post.

1.  I'm tired of hearing all of this about Lil Wayne being the best rapper (alive).  This is a bold claim that he repeatedly makes, but it is completely unheard of.  There are plenty more that top him, and all of the ones (other than Jay-Z) aren't on here.  First off, his lyrics aren't developed as well as many other artists.  This is mainly apparent on Tha Carter II, where he uses most of his rhymes as sounding out one word to make it sound like the previous line.  A rapper, in my opinion, is "allowed" to do this a few times, but not as much as he does in the album.  Also, his flow is exceptional and tops MANY rappers in the industry (that are alive), although there are many better that I can think of.  Jay-Z, Dr. Dre (although he has lost his major talent shown in The Chronic in '92, he's still got it), Ice Cube (same as Dre, only he started to slip after his album Lethal Injection), Chamillionaire (his mixtapes top the major-record debut The Sound of Revenge), Lil Flip, Eminem (although I do enjoy the "younger" or "earlier" version of his career much more than the latter), many of the deceased rappers (2Pac, B.I.G., Eazy-E, Ol' Dirty dolphin noise, and many others), Method Man, Redman, Ludacris (:ph34r:), E-40, T.I. (I don't like him too much, but yeah), 50 Cent (only his first CD - don't ***** at me for saying this), Nas, Mase, EVERYONE from The Roots, Slim Thug (nobody's really heard about him, but he's up past Mr. Carter), Kanye, the Clipse (HELL YEAH), UGK (Pimp-C and Bun-B), and even another from Cash Money Records: Juvenile.  There are many others, but I always have a hard time picking and choosing so many things that I know, mainly specific ones and preferences and such (like if you were to ask me who my favorite artists were).  You should probably hear some of these guys sometime, then compare them to Lil Wayne.

2.  You'd obviously have to make an endless poll in order to capture the "best rapper alive" title.  That obviously isn't possible, though. :P

3.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and Rae, you told me you were starting to get used to rap!  Do I have to play that 50 Cent screaming recording again?!?!

XD! Haha. I am starting to get used to it, because its all you ever play. LOL. But that does not mean I love it! I like very limited selection. VERY LIMITED.

But I got you to like Hinder. XD

--George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Biggie

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 02:38:13 pm »
...whatever.  I think someone's lying. ;)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »
...whatever.  I think someone's lying. ;)

If you ever play " AHHHHHHHH" I dunno what I will do. Rap is like 1% to my likeing. The other 99% is rock."

Be happy you have that.

XD
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

spongebobnet

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 02:50:25 pm »
I hate rock too.I'm cereal as pie.Even though that does not make any sence,it's still a joke >_> and it rhymes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:56:28 pm by spongebobnet »