Author Topic: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?  (Read 33605 times)

PatSponge StarPants

Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:31:06 pm »
Season 4 is my second favorite season. I never understood all the hate. I heard people bash Season 4 for forcusing on Mr. Krabs too much and for SpongeBob slight voice change, but I doubt those are the real reasons. I also heard people critisize it for Squidward getting mad over nothing, but he really doesn't. Anyone would get mad if two of your neighbors bothered you all day!

Band8PGeek

Re: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:03:37 am »
Amen, brother PatSponge. What's all the fuss about voice change anyway? The only time I really noticed it was in Fear of A Krabby Patty.
And Dunces and Dragons is best double-length ep ever. Period.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 08:00:07 am »
Season 4 is my second favorite season. I never understood all the hate. I heard people bash Season 4 for forcusing on Mr. Krabs too much and for SpongeBob slight voice change, but I doubt those are the real reasons. I also heard people critisize it for Squidward getting mad over nothing, but he really doesn't. Anyone would get mad if two of your neighbors bothered you all day!

I hate it because it's getting too much like FOP....everyone speaking too fast...everything going too fast...not many pauses in dialogue makes it not only less entertaining but much harder to follow.
I didn't notice the voice change...I just noticed at how much it has fallen under Nickelodeon's control....getting lame....LONG LIVE SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 11:04:24 am »
Totally, Sarah. Season 4 just lost the charm. And Dunces and Dragons is the worst episode ever. Period.

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:24:13 pm »

I hate it because it's getting too much like FOP....everyone speaking too fast...everything going too fast...not many pauses in dialogue makes it not only less entertaining but much harder to follow.
I didn't notice the voice change...I just noticed at how much it has fallen under Nickelodeon's control....getting lame....LONG LIVE SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything going fast? What do you mean? Stuff don't go on too fast. How picky can you be?

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 05:10:02 pm »
I'll never be sold on season 4. Sure, it had greats like Krusty Towers, Wishing you well, New Leaf and Dunces and Dragons, yet it also managed to have pitiful episodes like Karate Island and All that glitters.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

aligirl

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 06:55:05 am »
I dislike season 4, too. I'd rather watch season 1 episodes than 4, because SpongeBob has been changing after the movie came out. And I did notice the voice change. If you picture sb saying something like the krusty krab pizza song and then something from season 4 you'll notice it, too. I have other reasons for hating it, though.

bub1028

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:22 am »
I hate it because it's not the series anymore.  Episodes like Best Day Ever, Krusty Towers, and All That Glitters made me want to go kill myself, (not really,) because after watching the episode Band Geeks, these episodes seemed so dumb, and started reflecting Nick too much, instead of the individuality the writers had that made the show what it was in the first place.  I barely noticed the voice change, it's just that the show lost 90% of its humor.

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 09:42:40 pm »
I kind of agree about Best Day Ever and All That Glitters. They weren't that good, but how can you say that about Krusty Towers? That's one of the best episodes ever!

Well, shows do evolve overtime. I really don't care though. I guess some people just don't like change.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:17 pm »
I dont think its 'bad' persay, but it definetly could use improvements. It's like in some episodes, the writers didn't even think about the plot for more than 15 seconds.

Season 5 is still good :P

Krabski81390

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 02:10:03 pm »
iF YOU'll watch an old episode, any random one, say, Pizza delivery for example, you will notice it is slower.  The show takes place at a much much slower pace.  It is the same way with commercials of now adays.  All that computer animated crap jumping at at ya 1000000 things happening in 5 seconds but watch a commerical from the 80s or even 5-10 years ago and see how slow the difference.  In the new familyguys, stuff happens fast, too.  Miss 1 minute of the show you miss a hundred things.  Although season 4 still is great though, and I surmise they will keep getting better. 

Offline abney317

• Gary
    • View Profile
    • SpongeBuddy Mania
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:52 pm »
well, season 4 has changes for the older spongebob fans. his voice, the plots, characters.... ect. I like it just fine.
but some people don't like the change and like the classics.

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:34:07 pm »
The thing is that if it DIDN'T change, people would complain about lack of originality. That's I mean by that people can't appreciate anything.

Band8PGeek

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 02:47:57 am »
(EDIT) Monkey-bugs. Let me try that again.

iF YOU'll watch an old episode, any random one, say, Pizza delivery for example, you will notice it is slower.  The show takes place at a much much slower pace.  It is the same way with commercials of now adays.  All that computer animated crap jumping at at ya 1000000 things happening in 5 seconds but watch a commerical from the 80s or even 5-10 years ago and see how slow the difference.  In the new familyguys, stuff happens fast, too.  Miss 1 minute of the show you miss a hundred things.  Although season 4 still is great though, and I surmise they will keep getting better. 
To me, Skill Crane and the like is no faster than Hall Monitor, or I Had an Accident, say. I mean, in Hall Monitor, things start going wrong, like, 3 minutes down the line.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:49:41 am by Band8PGeek »

Sb129

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 02:37:11 pm »
1. To fast
2. Lost about 94% of the humor
3. Karate Island (Basically ruined the whole season :-X)