Author Topic: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?  (Read 33595 times)

David

Re: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 05:15:12 am »
I think Season 4 is th best season ever, Season 2 rocked also. I don't get it, why does everyone hate it? I myself find much more humour in it and it has better storylines as well.  :mellow:

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 09:21:09 pm »
I haven't found anything wrong with season 4
I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me.

spongemaster

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 01:48:39 pm »
ahem i think you people should be glad that there was a season four. they were about to stop making episodes but hey! they didnt so you people who hate season 4 should be greatful i say.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2006, 06:50:48 pm »
We would be better with them ending it. =(

spongemaster

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2006, 06:53:26 pm »
yeah. but season 5 is coming soon hopefully thatll be great

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2006, 04:32:14 pm »
I think Season 4 is th best season ever, Season 2 rocked also. I don't get it, why does everyone hate it? I myself find much more humour in it and it has better storylines as well.  :mellow:
I agree. Season 4 rocks. BTW my favorite season order is:

Season 3
Season 4
Season 2
Season 1

Plankton

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 12:45:10 pm »
I have to agree with everyone else. The new episodes seem to move way too fast, with most of the humor being sort of lame and childish. The old Spongebob episodes moved at a good pace, with plenty of time to fit more genuine humor into the show. Spongebob seemed more mature and less dainty in previous seasons, too. 

spongey snail

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 09:46:54 pm »
Spongebob's voice is too high,other than that the season is fine.

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2006, 04:24:42 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't notice SpongeBob's voice change?

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 10:05:45 pm »
There are alot of problems with Season 4. And all of these problems are due to the writing staff, who did a horrible job of formating the show. First of all, as people said before, they move way too fast, with miminal humor, most of the episode is just fluff. The previous seasons had genuine humor along with a good plot. The episodes now move way to fast, and its over before it started.

The minimal humor they have isn't paletable to all audiences, it targets only the younger crowd, while former seasons were entertaining for people of all ages. For example, Patrick was a great character, but now, his dialouge is weak, and the rare moments he has aren't even comparible to before. Also, His main characteristic, which, to me and many other people made him funny, his stupidity is repeatidy either over or under used. I don't see Season 5 being any better. It seems the end for the classic Spongebob we all enjoy.

Sponge3000

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2007, 06:49:29 pm »
It's just the humor. I liked the other humor from season 1,2, and, 3 were hilariarious.(i put hilariarious to emphasise)not saying it was horrible, it just wasn't as funny.It's as if there making things because they can't think of things.But still, SpongeBob gets the highest ratings for a children's cartoon and #3,4, or 5 in animated shows followed by Family Guy and others.I agree with Squiddy,but I still like Spongebob and will not miss one episode as i am a big fan.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:57:24 pm by Sponge3000 »

Dr.Pain

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:23 pm »
  People dislike it (including me) because everyone is changed Sandy Has become a scientist  patrick is stupider spongebob's paycheck is lower Mr.krabs is greedyer Pearl is more selfish squidward is worse at clarinet. Spongebob looks diffrerent . Everything!

Wilytank

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 02:35:28 pm »
  People dislike it (including me) because everyone is changed Sandy Has become a scientist  patrick is stupider spongebob's paycheck is lower Mr.krabs is greedyer Pearl is more selfish squidward is worse at clarinet. Spongebob looks diffrerent . Everything!
United Plankton just gathered all the characters together and [censored by Wilytank] them up really bad.

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 10:10:40 pm »
There are alot of problems with Season 4. And all of these problems are due to the writing staff, who did a horrible job of formating the show. First of all, as people said before, they move way too fast, with miminal humor, most of the episode is just fluff. The previous seasons had genuine humor along with a good plot. The episodes now move way to fast, and its over before it started.

The minimal humor they have isn't paletable to all audiences, it targets only the younger crowd, while former seasons were entertaining for people of all ages. For example, Patrick was a great character, but now, his dialouge is weak, and the rare moments he has aren't even comparible to before. Also, His main characteristic, which, to me and many other people made him funny, his stupidity is repeatidy either over or under used. I don't see Season 5 being any better. It seems the end for the classic Spongebob we all enjoy.
No, Season 4 is still funny and still for all ages. Anyone who says otherwise it wrong. You should the new writers a chance and not to bash Season 4. What if YOU had to be writer. Do you know how hard it is. This is one of the reasons I'm mad that people always complain about Season 4.

aliasstarbucker

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 01:24:58 pm »
1. The humor's more childish and changed along with the style of animation.
2. Storylines aren't as creative as before. It seems like in the beginning, they were just trying to come up with whatever came to mind e.g. Patrick SmartPants, SquidBob TentaclePants. Even my 11 year old cousin doesn't like Spongebob anymore cause of this.
3. Characters have different personalities. Squidward not really much of a change. Patrick's more smarter than Spongebob now (making him less funny), They're overdoing it with Mr. Krabs's greed. Spongebob's not child-like anymore, just childish.
4. They're overdoing it with the annoying Squidward plots. "Good Neighbors" was completely intolerable and not funny at all. Just annoying.
5. It's not funny at all, just chaotic.
6. Spongebob's voice (internationally, no problem), along with appearance, behavior, character completely changed. Childish, yelling for no reason, crazier than before.
7. Appearances of the same characters.

Season 4 has it's pluses though. The season stands out from other seasons, some good episodes. I think they need to get the old writers back though. We should write to Nickelodeon.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:50:40 pm by aliasstarbucker »