Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 52198 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Racism.
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:52:33 pm »
I am getting sick of the racism in thei country. Racism towards WHITE people. Don't believe me in saying white people are discrimenated? look at this list.
Black History Month
NAACP
Black Women can get whatever job they want.
Black people can say the word "nigga." If a white person says, all hell breaks loose.
Hispanic heritage Month

I Pointed these out cause they are the most common.

Have you noticed, If we made National Acciation for the Advancement of White People, We would be racist? And if we made White aprecciation month, that too would be racist? It is pathetic.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Re: Racism.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:01:18 pm »
http://www.unitedspongebob.com/forums/index.php/topic,14570.0.html

Just for reference on a more detailed "analysis"

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:04:20 pm »
Eh I need to add some stuff from Sean's list don't I?

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 05:03:32 pm »
I am getting sick of the racism in thei country. Racism towards WHITE people. Don't believe me in saying white people are discrimenated? look at this list.
Black History Month
NAACP
Black Women can get whatever job they want.
Black people can say the word "nigga." If a white person says, all hell breaks loose.
Hispanic heritage Month

I Pointed these out cause they are the most common.

Have you noticed, If we made National Acciation for the Advancement of White People, We would be racist? And if we made White aprecciation month, that too would be racist? It is pathetic.

I've brought this up at school and got called racist for it. I forgot that only white people can be racist.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:26:32 pm »
But your school is fked up and has major issues to being with (no offense)....

I think SSS said it best in the 2nd post of the old topic:

Funny you should ask (literally your post was kinda funny especially the WET part), anyways it's because the whites (Yeah I am one), are the majority and the minority gets offended by the majority, maybe that's how it goes for some reason, but I think the real reason is because that if you look into history is that we've caused alot of the racism, maybe that's the reason. Besides there is some racist Blacks, Asians, etc. who don't like the other minorities or the majority.

We cannot get over this barrier of being called racist until every last white person stops being racist. I see racism daily where I grew up. When I went to my first college, I heard it instead of seeing it. When I went to a city school, I saw everyone in harmony.

Some of the most well-written rap music doesn't have the n-word in it. This is a fact.

Sadly, we're gonna have to wait another 4 generations for racist people to be down to low levels.

And by then Bush #3 will declare gays must be rocketed into the sun.

But I'll either be dead from old age or in Iceland.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:31:45 pm »
You forget also that children of "minority groups" can get scholarships for college just for being a "minority."

I call them "minorities" because the truth is that Caucasians are the minority.  There are more people in the world who would fall under the categories of Hispanic, Black, and Asian than under the Caucasian category.

Yes.  We ARE discriminated against. But we're racist if we say anything about it.

Patback399

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 07:49:03 pm »
What people don't understand is that by making these programs to help minorities, it's seperating us even more.

And hate crime legislation is just a bad idea.

carterhawk

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 09:39:35 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:29:57 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 06:23:07 am »
If you have some free time, go to a library and pick up Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody, or really, any detailed nonfiction book about the Civil Rights movement. 

We don't live in a void of history.  Everything that exists around you, social, physical, or mental, exists because of what has happened throughout time.  Forty years may seem like an eternity to you, but in terms of real social change, its quite short. 

Forty years ago, the south was still full of Jim Crow laws that prevented blacks from voting, or owning land where they wanted to, or being able to sell their crops to improve their financial status. (Most states had federal restrtictions on how much of one crop could be exported from them.  The state governments got to choose how much each farmer could sell, and they have white farmers the vast majority of it, despite there being about equal amounts of land owned by black and white farmers.)  Similarly, if there was even a rumor that someone was a member of CORE or the NAACP in states like Mississippi or Alabama, they often "disappeared", were beaten, or had their families threatened.

That is without even mentioning individual incidents like what happened to Emmit Till.  Hint: Emmit Till whistled at a white woman.  He was beaten, shot through the head, and had his throat slit by two men, who then tied an anchor around his neck with barbed wire and threw his body into a river.  They were aquitted by an all white jury, who took 67 minutes to reach a verdict, only because they stopped to drink soda.

The Civil Rights acts of 1964 and 1968 may have changed the governments enforcement of racism, but they did almost nothing to change the social and economic aspects of it.  Blacks who were poor from decades of Jim Crow laws and rampant racism were still poor, and racism still exists today.

That is why affirmative action, minority scholarships, and other race-specific programs exist today.  I believe those programs should continue until the proportion of blacks who go to college is the same as whites who go to college, at which point, history can become history, and not a current event.

As for Roger's comment.  First of all, until we live under a world government, whites are not a minority.  A law that someone makes in China or Ethiopia has no bearing on your life.  Secondly, even if you look at the world as a whole, you need to count money, non population.  Money is what creates power.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 01:45:01 pm »
I worry about my black cousin being subjected to racism soley because of his skin color. It isnt fair.

Complete opposite of my point. I am saying that Black people are discriminatory towards WHITE people; not the other way around.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:45 pm »
I worry about my black cousin being subjected to racism soley because of his skin color. It isnt fair.

Complete opposite of my point. I am saying that Black people are discriminatory towards WHITE people; not the other way around.

It is true. Black kids get away with everything in our school. But if a white student preforms the same act, we are suspended or expelled or given worse punishment.

All of them , every single one, pull the racist card.

" You just hate me because I'm black!"

Yes, thats exactly it. Howd they know?

I hope you can sense the sarcasm in that.

But really, Our vice principal got yelled at by this black lady saying " your racist and you hate blacks thats why you alawys pick on my child""

The vice principal pulled out her picture of her and her husband, who just so happened to be a BLACK MAN.

Black people know they can get awat scott free when they pull that crap , thats why they do it.

God forbid a white person told a black person they were racist. Youd have a gang after you no sooner than you could call 911.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Sb129

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 02:13:26 pm »
Yeah, I'm sick of all that, another one is Kwanzaa why the heck do they have toi elebrate that?!
Ummm....Hello! The Civil War was over over 200 (maybe 100, I don't care now) years now! America apologized for that. Plus, alot of white people here in the U.S., their family, weren't even here during that, they were probally pciking potatoes or corn!!!! Plus I doubt most people in Africa celebrate Kwanzaa, they celebrate holidays of their religion.I can understand about in the 40's & that black only area stuff. But today we're equal! If a white man gets a job & he's rich & your'e hardly getting by that's your fualt for not going all the way through school!  :rolleyes:

I have black/hispanic friends but come on!

carterhawk

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 02:56:39 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:29:36 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 03:10:51 pm »
You aren't getting my point. Society is RACIST towards white people. Want some examples?

NAACP
Giving Scholarships just because you are a minority.
Black History and Hispanic Heritage Month. If we Made White History Month, we would be racist.
If I say the word dolphin noise, spic, or anyhting else, I will go to jail. If a black or hispanic or indian person calls me a cracker nothing happens.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 05:45:09 pm »
You aren't getting my point. Society is RACIST towards white people. Want some examples?
cmonkey's post made me rethink a few things. (btw, I have read exerpts of that book...i think)

Society is racist to whites because whites were racist to (pretty much) everyone else as little as 50 years ago. WE $%#@ed up. Like cmonkey said, until the % of minorities in college is about the same as the majority, then racial groups will continue.

I believe that MLK.jr said "God was proud the day that the NAACP was created, and he will be even more proud the day it will be torn down". Then he clarified that the only reason for tearing it down would be because it is no longer needed.

Another good book that I PREACH others to read is 'The Autobiography of Malcolm X'. Most half-price book stores carry many copies of it, and EVERY library in the world has it (guarunteed). It gives a very straightforward view of what life was like all those years ago, and it is a very different America that what we know of today. Most colleges read this book in their upper level English classes as a project, because it covers so much of America at once that a study of the 600 page book would be close to 2000 pages.