Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 52259 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Re: Racism.
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 01:05:28 pm »
I think cmonkey put it best.

I believe you are horribly wrong.  Black people do not cause more crimes, poor people cause more crimes, or at least more crimes that they can be arrested for (as in, stealing a car vs. a rich person with fraudulant stock activity).  A significant number of black people are poor and stuck in environments where due to welfare and social inequities, they have no way of fixing thier situation or creating opportunities for thier children to escape it.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 01:21:37 pm »
I was mainly talking about the black people around here. Around here, it is the blacks and mexicans committing most of the crime. Don't call me racist. That is how it is down here.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 01:42:42 pm »
I was mainly talking about the black people around here. Around here, it is the blacks and mexicans committing most of the crime. Don't call me racist. That is how it is down here.
It's that way in Cincinnati too...

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2006, 01:46:02 pm »
And no one has answered my question.

Why can blacks refer to themselves as nuggas, but white people get jumped and shot if they say it? If they dont like people calling them that, why do they call themselves that?
because of the context that black people use it in. When a black person calls another black person that, it's referring to a sense of brotherhood. When a white person calls a black person that, it refers to a sense of hate.

Quote from: Liz
As far as quotas go, what is supposed to happen and what happens are two TOTALLY different things.  The Academy even apologized to the guy for having to let that black guy in.  FACT.
and I'm not saying that the academy was right. If two people both had perfect scores, shouldn't they both be accepted?

Quote from: IceFox
She was making a claim on how things are where she lives, not the race in general.
It's still not the truth. I'm sorry, but I can guarantee you that no matter where you are in the world, the black-to-white ratio of crime is the same.
Blah, blah, blah, BULL.  Those guys are being rude to each other, just like it's rude to call them a nigga.  When my brother was in the D-Home, it sure as hell wasn't a word of brotherhood.

As far as Annapolis goes, they only accept so many people a year, and a portion of them HAVE to be minorities.  So when it comes down to either a white dude or a black dude, and they still need so many black dudes, they have to take the black man.  It's called Affirmative Action.

If the black to white ratio is the same, why are there more drug dealings, more shootings, and more overall crime in da hood than in a trailer park?

Nobody here is saying that black people on a whole are bad, they are merely calling it as they see it.

I agree with you 100% Liz.

Just because of skin color, the word "nigga" doesn't mean a sense of brotherhood.

Now THATS racist.

To black people, its brotherhood? A bad faulty name is considered "brother hood" Where the hell did you get that?

Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2006, 03:17:59 pm »
Quote from: ASE2 link=topic=17989.msg315020#msg315020

"Nigga get your ass over here!"
*WHIP*
*WHIP*
*WHIP*

Do you understand now?

That happened a lot LESS than it is made out to be. The income back then was about 10000-20000 IF YOU WERE RICH. Slaves were ranging from 500-2000+ dollars. They were expensive. They weren't treated as bad as they are made out to be. It would be like buying a Lexus and intentionally totaling it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:52:49 pm by VulturEMaN »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2006, 03:23:37 pm »
Quote from: ASE2 link=topic=17989.msg315020#msg315020
"Nigga get your ass over here!"
*WHIP*
*WHIP*
*WHIP*

Do you understand now?

That happened a lot LESS than it is made out to be. The income back then was about 10000-20000 IF YOU WERE RICH. Slaves were ranging from 500-2000+ dollars. They were expensive. They weren't treated as bad as they are made out to be. It would be like buying a Lexus and intentionally totaling it.
[/quote]
Still they treated their slaves like dolphin noise.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:52:59 pm by VulturEMaN »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2006, 03:52:56 pm »
Many slaves worked in houses and were treated humainly. Others were treated worse.

But same anology, you wouldn't go buy a new lexus sports car just to go total it.

Slavery is not right, I do not agree with it.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2006, 04:00:59 pm »
stats?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2006, 05:51:58 pm »
I don't know any statistics about it, but I watch/read the news.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2006, 09:43:27 am »
Well, so much for the youth of America being the hope for a race-blind future.

That someone could even suggest that because some house slaves weren't beaten, and that because the merchandise is expensive, slavery wasn't that bad is insane.  It is the forcible imprisonment of a human being based upon a circumstance they have no control over.  The fact that a human was enslaved at all is horrific, without even mentioning whippings, beatings, atrocious living conditions, working 16 hour days of manual labor, having no control over when, where, and how to eat, sleep, breed, and die. 

It absolutely sickens me that so many of you don't bother to read or understand real history.  Read what really happened, not what you think happened because your middle school history teacher mentioned it for a class period or two.  I don't even mean in depth readings like biographies of people like Fredrick Douglass or Hannah Crafts, or academic studies, but just taking a browse around Wikipedia every now and then would be nice.

Anyway, as I said before, crime isn't predispositioned based on the color of a person's skin.  It is based on socioeconomic status.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 10:43:32 am »
Anyway, as I said before, crime isn't predispositioned based on the color of a person's skin.  It is based on socioeconomic status.

You forgot to include idiots into the equation :P

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 07:09:08 pm »
What I meant is that most of the movies they make about Slavery portray it worse thatn it was...

Patback399

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2006, 08:43:34 pm »
How do you know? Were you a slave in the 19th century?

People, stop complaining. The N word is way less demeaning when spoken from one black person to another. Even between two good interracial friends, it is seen as a joke. If a stranger called you a jack***, you would be offended, right? Would it be the same if a friend said it? Of course not.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2006, 08:49:20 pm »
I wasn't. Neither were any of you. You guys should watch Gone With the Wind, or read the book. It is actually pretty accurate.

And this is off of my point. My point was that by todays standards, only white people can be racist.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2006, 08:52:55 pm »
I wasn't. Neither were any of you. You guys should watch Gone With the Wind, or read the book. It is actually pretty accurate.

And this is off of my point. My point was that by todays standards, only white people can be racist.

Yep. And those standards were set by what we did for the past...ohhh...200 or so years to the colored man.

Be friendly, turn the other cheek, and maybe racism just might go away. Complaining about NAACP and other stuff like that only puts more fuel on the fire.