Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 52270 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Racism.
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2006, 01:20:59 am »
He meant in AMERICA.  :rolleyes:

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2006, 05:57:22 am »
Why just talk about america?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2007, 04:17:53 pm »
Racism is simple a fabrication of society... it will always exist and everyone is racist to a point. I believe the reason that White Heritage month doesn't exist because White people are not minorities (yet) and Hispanic, and Black people have been severely oppressed in the US and many other countries as well. It is a sad fact but Latin and African American people are seen as sub-human by many different countries... and Whites and Asians are supposedly the superior races. It's just a pecking order that was made up by man that will always exist no matter what you do or say. I personally am not a racist... I have dated Filipino, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Black, Italian, Native, Mixed, name it I have probably dated it. lol. Racism is often used as a double standard as well. It is assumed that when you here the word "racist" you think of some White guy wearing a white robe, seig heiling to hitler, and all that, but racists come from all races... in fact, the largest amount of racists are elderly African-American men. Surprised? I was too... also people make too big of a deal about racism... it is not as prevelant as it once was... what about homophobia? That is a major problem. We are not even allowed to get married... at least Whites, Blacks, and Asians can marry each other. Homosexuals are the true oppressed minority today... we have it far worse off then any Black, Latin, or White person has it.

Lil Loco

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
The qualified student is the one who should get into the college he or she wants.  The qualified worker is the one who should get the job.  Black people who pull the race-card for everything are dumbasses, perpetuate racism, and ruin it for black people who are actually productive members of society and know that the world isn't out to get them.  White people who are genuinely racist suck ass.  Way too many whites that aren't racist get accused of it way too often.  Slavery happened, it sucked, but your white neighbor next door isn't the one responsible for it so leave him the hell alone.  Brown people that treat other races like crap need a swift kick in the crotch.  I'm proud to be Puerto-Rican but I see way too many latinos, even a couple in my extended family that act like whites, blacks, and other races aren't worth piss and that drives me crazy.  No one race does not have racism and people need to realize that.  There's awesome people of every color and there's jackasses of every color.

Therefore, I love and hate every race equally, including my own.  :D

Have a nice day.  FTW.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2007, 12:46:16 pm »
The qualified student is the one who should get into the college he or she wants.  The qualified worker is the one who should get the job.  Black people who pull the race-card for everything are dumbasses, perpetuate racism, and ruin it for black people who are actually productive members of society and know that the world isn't out to get them.  White people who are genuinely racist suck ass.  Way too many whites that aren't racist get accused of it way too often.  Slavery happened, it sucked, but your white neighbor next door isn't the one responsible for it so leave him the hell alone.  Brown people that treat other races like crap need a swift kick in the crotch.  I'm proud to be Puerto-Rican but I see way too many latinos, even a couple in my extended family that act like whites, blacks, and other races aren't worth piss and that drives me crazy.  No one race does not have racism and people need to realize that.  There's awesome people of every color and there's jackasses of every color.

Therefore, I love and hate every race equally, including my own.  :D

Have a nice day.  FTW.
As usual, great post Jeremy... I couldn't have said it better myself...

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:25 pm »
Don't believe me in saying white people are discrimenated? look at this list.
Black History Month
NAACP
Black Women can get whatever job they want.
Black people can say the word "nigga." If a white person says, all hell breaks loose.
Hispanic heritage Month

I didn't read the entire topic so kill me if I say something someone else has already said.

But don't you think we earned all of that? I mean the minorities have suffered for a long time.
Black History Month is something we earned, I think.
And its about being proud of who you are and not feeling different because you are black or hispanic.
So I'm sorry I really don't understand what youre meaning by saying THAT is racism. Of course the minorities would feel threatened with a "White People Month" or whatever you said. They've overpowered them before whats stopping them from doing it again? That's how I see it. I know no one is going to agree with me but whatever.

And as far as the "dolphin noise" thing goes, it's a term that shouldn't be used by ANYONE.  But of course if someone called me a dolphin noise (a white person) I am going to get more offended. A black person, I would honestly think they are ignorant and want to be cool. Understand? I dunno. I just don't see how its racist to white people. Its just how the world goes.

(Sorry if none of that made sense since I really was just venting)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:37:08 am by VulturEMaN »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 10:37:40 am »
Don't believe me in saying white people are discrimenated? look at this list.
Black History Month
NAACP
Black Women can get whatever job they want.
Black people can say the word "nigga." If a white person says, all hell breaks loose.
Hispanic heritage Month

I didn't read the entire topic so kill me if I say something someone else has already said.

But don't you think we earned all of that? I mean the minorities have suffered for a long time.
Black History Month is something we earned, I think.
And its about being proud of who you are and not feeling different because you are black or hispanic.
So I'm sorry I really don't understand what youre meaning by saying THAT is racism. Of course the minorities would feel threatened with a "White People Month" or whatever you said. They've overpowered them before whats stopping them from doing it again? That's how I see it. I know no one is going to agree with me but whatever.

And as far as the "dolphin noise" thing goes, it's a term that shouldn't be used by ANYONE.  But of course if someone called me a dolphin noise (a white person) I am going to get more offended. A black person, I would honestly think they are ignorant and want to be cool. Understand? I dunno. I just don't see how its racist to white people. Its just how the world goes.

(Sorry if none of that made sense since I really was just venting)

makes sense to me....except u forgot to add the word sense into that last sentence, so I did it for u :P

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »
I beleive quota's should be eliminated, too many times a minority get's in just because they're a minority. Company's should have to hire people based on their qualifactions, not one's race, gender, or disability. Yes slavery happened, but a majority of white people had nothing to do with slavery, and many were against it. In fact slave owner's where a minority in the U.S., and they where all in the south.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Patback399

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2007, 01:42:28 pm »
Everybody complains about minorities getting into colleges because of their race, but I hardly hear any of you complaining about legacies. Getting into a university just because a relative went there is not fair at all.

Lil Loco

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 02:20:27 pm »
No one said that was right either.  That's not what's being discussed though.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:11 pm »
I beleive quota's should be eliminated, too many times a minority get's in just because they're a minority. Company's should have to hire people based on their qualifactions, not one's race, gender, or disability. Yes slavery happened, but a majority of white people had nothing to do with slavery, and many were against it. In fact slave owner's where a minority in the U.S., and they where all in the south.

Which explains why northerners had slaves, right?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2007, 06:32:17 pm »
Actually many Jewish people and Free Blacks owned slaves, and the slaves were old out by their own tribeleaders for wealth... funny huh?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:37 pm »
I know. Oh the Irony, the NORTH started slavery in America.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2007, 09:48:51 pm »
Ok, I have been wanting to stay out of this thread but I must say that THE NORTH HAD SLAVE STATES TOO. THE CIVIL WAR WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2007, 08:51:42 am »
Ok, I have been wanting to stay out of this thread but I must say that THE NORTH HAD SLAVE STATES TOO. THE CIVIL WAR WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY.
Virginia, even New York state, the yankee state where I was born had a population of slaves.