Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 52271 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Re: Racism.
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2007, 10:50:02 am »
I know. Oh the Irony, the NORTH started slavery in America.
The British started slavery in America.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2007, 04:59:48 pm »
The first slaves in what would become the United States were brought to Jamestown tobacco plantations in the early 1600's, might be 1607, but I don't feel like googling it.

Anyway, anyone who has even the slightest doubt about whether the Civil War was about slavery needs a reality check.  It wasn't about state rights, it was about slavery.  The Confederacy thought Lincoln would abolish slavery, so they rebelled.  In fact, its Vice President said "Its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery . . . is his natural and normal condition."

To the north, however, it was about reuniting the country.  Ending slavery became inevitable only as the war progressed, hence the 4(?) slave states that remained with the north.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2007, 09:06:57 pm »
The first slaves in what would become the United States were brought to Jamestown tobacco plantations in the early 1600's, might be 1607, but I don't feel like googling it.

Anyway, anyone who has even the slightest doubt about whether the Civil War was about slavery needs a reality check.  It wasn't about state rights, it was about slavery.  The Confederacy thought Lincoln would abolish slavery, so they rebelled.  In fact, its Vice President said "Its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery . . . is his natural and normal condition."

To the north, however, it was about reuniting the country.  Ending slavery became inevitable only as the war progressed, hence the 4(?) slave states that remained with the north.
There where many cause's of the civil war. It wasn't just caused by slavery, it wasn't just caused by State Rights.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

carterhawk

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2007, 09:15:10 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:03:28 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Lil Loco

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2007, 09:49:49 pm »
Black History Month is wrong...People from every race have made contributions and deserve acknowledgement.  Celebrate every race or none at all.  Call me a racist, I really dont care.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2007, 10:43:47 pm »
Ill pass this summary of the thread: Anyone saying black history month is wrong or unfair is racist.
So I guess i'm racist even though most of my family (including my father) is black?

David

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2007, 03:37:35 am »
I am getting sick of the racism in thei country. Racism towards WHITE people. Don't believe me in saying white people are discrimenated? look at this list.
Black History Month
NAACP
Black Women can get whatever job they want.
Black people can say the word "nigga." If a white person says, all hell breaks loose.
Hispanic heritage Month

I Pointed these out cause they are the most common.

Have you noticed, If we made National Acciation for the Advancement of White People, We would be racist? And if we made White aprecciation month, that too would be racist? It is pathetic.

Wow, I never thought of that, yeah, there's a black person in my school who calls people ni***rs, and if we call him that, we get detention (I would never call a black person that).
Also, I was on Habbo the other day, and I saw a person going around saying "U kno what i bet your white" and later she said "your a white aka a black wannabe"
If these people had to suffer for years for racism, they should at least think that we are all equal, and tha the blacks are not superior, but neither are the whites.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2007, 02:29:46 pm »
Black History Month is wrong...People from every race have made contributions and deserve acknowledgement.  Celebrate every race or none at all.  Call me a racist, I really dont care.

OMFG. We actually agree on something? Has the world come to an end?
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2007, 02:33:58 pm »
Ill pass this summary of the thread: Anyone saying black history month is wrong or unfair is racist.

Ok using your logic the guy that invented Kwanzaa was racist.

Lil Loco

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2007, 02:38:39 pm »

OMFG. We actually agree on something? Has the world come to an end?

O_o

We've agreed on plenty of stuff before...Just not on certain political issues.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2007, 02:49:07 pm »
I personally, find nothing wrong in taking pride in your heritage... I am Swedish, and I am proud as hell of it... but people's pride tends to overinflate and turn into full blown vanity... I also am a proud homosexual. But I don't parade it around in front of people. This is why Gay Pride Parades disgust me... yeah, I am gay but I am not gonna go out and parade around showing off because of it. Same goes for me being Swedish. I am not going to galavant around to the entire world that I am proud to be Swedish. In conclusion it is OK to be proud of who you are, just not TOO proud, because as we all know, pride is a very bad thing... it is one of the seven deadly sins, and wether you are religious or not pride is very destructive to yourself and everyone around you, and then you cause people to become very envious of you. It all ends up bad in the end...

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2007, 03:05:12 pm »
I am guessing ASE left. He never replied wo what I said.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2007, 03:53:29 pm »
I am guessing ASE left. He never replied wo what I said.

Quote from: ASEs Profile
Last Active: Today at 06:05:44 pm

I doubt he left...

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2007, 04:36:06 pm »
Left the thread...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2007, 08:34:52 pm »

Ok using your logic the guy that invented Kwanzaa was racist.
The guy that invented Kwanzaa was racist.  If I'm not mistaken, he was one of the leaders of the USO, which was established almost solely (as opposed to the Black Panthers) to achieve black independence through warfare and violence.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone