Poll

Whould you vote for a female president?

yes
13 (72.2%)
no
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Would You Vote for a female president?  (Read 37553 times)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Vote for a female president?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2007, 09:36:51 pm »
I don't know my left from my right :P

My stances:
Abortion - Let the women decide
The War Thingie - gtfo
Stem Cells - Don't make bills that limit the GOOD research (a more recent thing), or the research on stem cells that'll be destroyed anyways.
Education - Get it workin good, make everyone happy.
Social Security - Do something smarter than I can think up.
Gays (in general) - let em do whatever they want. Legal ownership of a child is slightly messed up tho...
Boogers - Yea, get em out of office :)

Sb129

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 08:35:35 am »
Yep, but not Hilary Clinton. She changes what she wants to do for a certain crowd for god's sake! :angry:

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 02:19:51 pm »
Gays (in general) - let em do whatever they want. Legal ownership of a child is slightly messed up tho...

Woah wait just a second... what do you mean by that exactly, before I completely fly off the handle?

Lil Loco

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2007, 02:24:50 pm »
Means that he agrees with gay marriage and everything else of the like...Doesn't quite agree with gay couples adopting kids...Unless I read it wrong.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28:42 pm »
Well he better be prepared to back that up then, if that is what he does mean, because I find that a quite offensive remark.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2007, 03:14:40 pm »
Well he better be prepared to back that up then, if that is what he does mean, because I find that a quite offensive remark.
Gays should be aloud to adopt children.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2007, 03:17:03 pm »
Gays should be aloud to adopt children.
Thank you, Dave =)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2007, 05:53:02 pm »
Nobody told me yall were talkin bout me :/

My remark came after reading a news story where a lesbian couple decided they wanted to adopt a kid. 1 week into the adoption, the kid calls the agency saying that she's being forced to whore herself out infront of the house.

And the second half of the article was about 2 guys that would adopt little boys just to molest them.

Maybe it was the article that made me reply like that, but I see no problem with having a gay couple adopt children. I just think that homelife might be a little more awkward and that a checkup/survey or something should be in place at certain time periods after the adoption.

It's nothing against gay couples to do this...as someone who grew up his first 7 years of his life without a father and with a (then) stay at home mother, it is very much different than how my younger brother is currently growing up, or how my friends grew up.

When I said that it's "slightly messed up", I meant that these guys had better be in it for the long haul.

spongey snail

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2007, 06:27:28 pm »
I would vote for a woman but it would have to be a cold day in H*** before I vote for hilary clinton.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2007, 06:27:54 pm »
"My remark came after reading a news story where a lesbian couple decided they wanted to adopt a kid. 1 week into the adoption, the kid calls the agency saying that she's being forced to whore herself out infront of the house."

Do you know how many straight couples have done that to their kids? One of my exes used to be whored out by her mother and her mother was straight. In fact one of the worst child abuse cases in history was a STRAIGHT COUPLE. Ever hear of David Pelzer? A Child Called It? His Mother wasn't a lesbian... it's funny how you can read about a few instances were gay couple were abusive to their children and base that as a reason to not let them adopt. If you are going to go by that then ban adoption all-together.

"And the second half of the article was about 2 guys that would adopt little boys just to molest them."

Yeah? Well I saw a story of a STRAIGHT man who adopted a small child from Russia just so she could be his sex slave. The poor girl never went to school, had friends, anything. The poor girl never even hit puberty. He starved her so she would stay young forever in a way. Do you have any idea how many straight couples adopt children for THAT specific reason?

"Maybe it was the article that made me reply like that, but I see no problem with having a gay couple adopt children. I just think that homelife might be a little more awkward and that a checkup/survey or something should be in place at certain time periods after the adoption."

Society tries to make it awkward, but in all reality if you grew up with Two Mothers or Two Fathers you wouldn't know any different. It would be completely normal to you. To them growing up with a Mom and Dad might seem awkward. And surveys and checkups should be in place for ALL adopted children, not just those with same sex parents.

"It's nothing against gay couples to do this...as someone who grew up his first 7 years of his life without a father and with a (then) stay at home mother, it is very much different than how my younger brother is currently growing up, or how my friends grew up."

I grew up with an abusive stepfather that treated my Mom and I like absolute dolphin noise DIRT may I add. He told me I was worthless growing up. I would have given anything to get away from that when I was little. That was no way to live. I would rather live with a happy gay couple rather than a miserable straight couple.

"When I said that it's "slightly messed up", I meant that these guys had better be in it for the long haul."

Adopting children is a huge descision for everyone. Everyone had better be in it for the long haul. Don't single out gay parents to these rules. They need to be applied to straight parents as well as gay parents.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2007, 09:12:18 pm »
You're looking at it from your perspective of speech too much :(

I was just trying to convey that the shock-and-awe article messed my day up, and that's why I typed that initally. I DON'T think that at all right now.

When I mentioned the checking up, that was more nonsense from the article. Apparently, the one gay couple found a law in their state saying that adoption checkups were only needed for "a husband and wife union", so they abused their kid. I know that all adopted kids get checked upon and I expect it.

Your younger years were at an extreme...I'm trying to say that a gay couple's kid would ideally have it at the same level that mine was at....slightly skewed, but still a family.

"Being in it for the long haul" should definently be applied to everyone. I'm just reinforcing that because it's a gay adopting couple, they're doubly expected to be in it for the long haul (not sure why, but that seems to be the case).

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2007, 11:47:36 pm »
I was just clearing a few things up is all.

Sometimes I get intense when I debate. Nothing personal towards you. I think you're a pretty swell guy actually. Heh =)

Patback399

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 06:45:25 pm »
Whenever I come to a decision on a moral topic I remember this quote:

"Any society that would give up a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security deserves neither and will lose both."

I believe it can be applied to anything.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 07:24:57 pm »
Whenever I come to a decision on a moral topic I remember this quote:

"Any society that would give up a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security deserves neither and will lose both."

I believe it can be applied to anything.
:)

Best quote ever.

David

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:13 am »
Well, living in Ireland... I've already had two female presidents... And the country's doing well, so I suppose I would. But only if I feel I agree with what the.... You get the idea.